PDA

View Full Version : Best Melee Weapon

Kayle Skolaris
18 November 2001, 04:28 PM
Of the above choices, which melee weapon is the best in your opinion?

Dragon495
18 November 2001, 05:41 PM
Well, of the choices, I would have to go with the double bladed lightsaber. Its got the rep, intimidation, and look that just makes any enemy think twice about who they are facing. Plus Ray Park did a great job making the double bladed look oober bad ass!!

elquemis
18 November 2001, 05:53 PM
Other: The baseball bat from Super Smash Bros. :D

Arlin Bel'Corvis
18 November 2001, 06:30 PM
TING!!!

*cooks up stats for the SSB Baseball stats.*

Cost: N/A (GM decides when one appears nearby)
Damage: 3d8
Critical: 19-20
Range Increment: N/A
Weight: 2.5 kg
Stun Damage/ Fort DC: N/A
Type: Bludgeoning
Size: Medium
Group: Exotic

Special: Successful Critical launches the target 200 meters from the attacker and the bat deals max damage (24 +Str Mod) times 2

saucercrab
18 November 2001, 06:36 PM
C'mon! Where's the regular 'saber?
I had to vote for 'other' for it.

Kayle Skolaris
18 November 2001, 06:39 PM
Hellfire, I KNEW I'd end up missing an obvious one with all these choices I decided to post! :mad: I even wrote down a list so this wouldn't happen! :mad: :( :mad:

Kobayashi_Maru
18 November 2001, 07:00 PM
wheres the regular lightsaber I had to vote other for it?

Kyndig_Episte
18 November 2001, 07:08 PM
i like to double bladed vibrostave9 the double pike) because of the way the kir kanos played with it plus i just like kir kanos.

Aldaric
18 November 2001, 11:31 PM
walk around with just a d'skar . . . bad a$$

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 02:43 AM
Aldaric, you have impeccable taste in arms companies! Ekkar Arms is truly among the best in the galaxy!

elo-hym
19 November 2001, 04:11 AM
i went with other.... single bladed light saber!

or if your p.c. is not a jedi......

i go with......

Captain Elo Hym ' s special move

- beer tankard to the knadgers..

works everytime!

Donovan Morningfire
19 November 2001, 04:40 AM
To my view, it's the best all around weapon. It's elegant and graceful, extremely useful in and outside of combat. It's a sign of one's skill and dedication if you wield one of these things well.

Game-stats wise, it is perhaps the deadliest melee weapon. D20, an experienced Jedi can mow down just about anything in his path, and experienced d6 Jedi are plain old fashioned hell on wheels with one.

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 05:20 AM
I have a special love for an invention of mine called the vibro-spike electromace. It's a spiked mace with the nasty modification that the spikes are short, thick vibroblades. The entire head of the thing is charged with a lethal dose of electricity as well! Damage is Strength +3D+1 (Str +2D+1 if unpowered)with no maximum damage. Electrical charge inflicts an additional 5D damage rolled seperately (remember, this is energy damage so armor will apply differently than for the blunt/ripping trauma) Power cell is good for 6 hours of constant use before requiring one hour to recharge. If the Blaster modification is taken each shot reduces the power cell's capacity by 15 minutes per shot, double if the Disruptor modification is taken. Basic cost is 2,500 credits.

It's available with a number of optional modifications including:

Built-in blaster or disruptor, beam aperture takes the place of the "top spike" on the mace head. Point and shoot. (4D+1 damage for blaster w/ twelve shots and range 0-10/20/30 adds 500 credits to basic cost OR 6D+! damage for disruptor w/ six shots and range 0-5/10/15 and adds 1,250 credits to basic cost. Variable fire control function allowing the wielder to select one of four different settings (Light Stun: 4D+1 Stun, Heavy Stun: 6D+1 Stun, Kill: 4D+1, Disintegrate: 6D+1) requires the purchase of both the blaster and disruptor packages as well as an additional fee of 500 credits (packing this much widgetry into such a confined space isn't cheap!)

Retractable spikes, adds 150 credits to basic cost

Bio-Scan Security Lock. Bio-sensors in the grip identify owner by specific DNA markers in the owner's skin. Skin contact must be made within five seconds of picking up the mace or the anti-theft system activates sending a lethal charge of electricity down the shaft of the weapon into the hands of whoever is holding it. Inflicts 5D damage until dropped or 10 rounds is up, whichever happens first. Adds 1,250 credits to basic cost.

Built-in Comlink, adds 75 credits to basic cost

Built-in Compass, adds 10 credits to basic cost

Extendible grip extends up to 2.5 meters (normal grip length is .5 meters), adds 50 credits to basic cost

Detachable fragmentation grenade head. Mace head may be detached and thrown as a grenade. The act of detaching the mace head sets the power cell into a forced-chamber overload spiral detonating the cell five seconds later sending shrapnel flying in all directions. Blast Radius is 0-3/6/9 meters yielding damage of 7D/5D/3D. Adds 90 credits to basic cost

Deluxe Vibro-Spike Electromace package including all of the above add-ons for a discount price of 6,500 credits! A savings of over 600 credits!

Donovan Morningfire
19 November 2001, 06:20 AM
Hmm, the Swiss Army weapon? You forget the integral tool kit ;)

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 06:49 AM
No, no, no! Not Swiss army weapon, it's a CHISS army weapon! You've got to think in-genre! :D:p:D

Sithspawn
19 November 2001, 08:25 AM
I voted for unpowered Melee, specifically anything from Coyn. Especially the Sat'skar & Coyn'skar.

In my game I do take note of Weapon availability, mostly because most weapons & equipment I allow to be bought out of game between adventures. 1 & 2 anyone can buy, but 3 (available only on planet of origin) I only allow characters of that race to buy (even if they rarely go home). So many players want to buy Coynite Swords & Armour, but they always end up forgetting about it in-game, then it's too late. Oh yeah, 3 for other races & 4 can only be acquired in-game.

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 08:33 AM
I played a Verpine swordsman once. His favored weapon was the Coynite Sat'skar. It was during that campaign that we (my gaming group and I) coined the phrase "There is nothing in the universe more dangerous than a Verpine with a toolkit and a Sat'skar!"

Krad-edis
19 November 2001, 08:41 AM
Easier to use than a double bladed lightsaber, the single blade can be just as deadly in the hands of a master. Vader did a pretty good job with one blade.

Moridin
19 November 2001, 08:55 AM
Let us never forget....the Adumari Blastsword. So cool!

"So it's like a blaster you have to hit someone with." -Wes Janson

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 08:57 AM
Lord Protector Kayle Skolaris uses single-blade lightsabers. Yes, that's "lightsabres" in the plural context. He fights with two at the same time. He's a decent doublesabre fighter as well so the butt of both of his sabres have a connector link "just in case".

Dr_Worm
19 November 2001, 10:06 AM
Looks like I am the only voter for the Force Pike. I had a Sullistan who nicked one durring Tatooine Manhunt, and he kicked bootie. I loved that weapon. It was big, bad and great for intmidation.

I will aknowlege the massive damage and versatility of the Lightsaber, but it is only usable by Force users, so it is not a very good all-around weapon.

Frzz Drubar
19 November 2001, 12:38 PM
yeah
it IS the best weapon in the game

hands down

for all the reasons given before me
and one more

it can only be found in SW

which is why we play this game anyway

B)

Arlin Bel'Corvis
19 November 2001, 12:54 PM
Ever read the Star of the Gaurdians series by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickmann?

They had lightsaber type things and stuff like that... Good series...

Frzz Drubar
19 November 2001, 01:06 PM
names sound familiar

where else else have I heard them before?

dragonseye
19 November 2001, 02:37 PM
Yes, the light saber would probably have to be my favorite.

Basically the same reasons as above for me (well, for the most part.)

Doc,

I don't think a person has to be a Jedi in order to use a light saber. But then, just as a katana in the hands of a samurai is much more than a sword, so too is a light saber in the hands of a Jedi. Of course, only a Jedi could make a light saber.

Frzz,

There are a couple of other game systems that have "light weapons," but Star Wars was the originator. (You can find them in the Alternity system and you can easily make them in the Mage: the Assension game system.)

Dr_Worm
19 November 2001, 02:48 PM
Well I don't know about D20, but in D6 it is so difficult to control that you basicaly need to use the force to use it. This translates into an extrodinarily high difficuly to use. It is possible, but for it to be as cool a weapon as it can be you have to use the force.

You need the force to get damage bonuses
You need the force to deflect blaster bolts

Otherwise I will concur that no other weapon says Star Wars like a lightsaber.

Corsair
19 November 2001, 02:57 PM
Well actually, a lot of damage can be done with either a vibroblade or a force pike, as long as you have the proficiencies and what not to go with em.

A vibro-axe of course does plenty of damage too.

These weapons rank right up there with the damage a lightsaber can do, although a lightsaber is definately more versatile, as it be carried around easily, concealed, used as a torch, etc.

Imagine powering up a vibro-axe enough so it emits a light so you can use it as a torch. That would be a site to see (although highly improbable :D )

Jedi_Staailis
19 November 2001, 03:34 PM
As a die-hard Jedi player, I'll have to go for the lightsaber. In either system, a jedi and a lightsaber are truly formidable (talk about damage bonuses :) ).

Gabriel
19 November 2001, 03:43 PM
For Jedi characters-
the double bladed lightsaber
For non Jedi-
force pike

Aaron B'Aviv
19 November 2001, 05:38 PM
Simply put, Kir Kanos rocks. He is absolutely incredible with that double bladed vibrostave (I'm using Moridin's name for it, cuz it appeals to me).

Adumari blastsword is cool, the single sabre is elegant, vibroblades come in handy in a pinch, but there's nothing as cool as Kir Kanos standing over the corpse of Carnor Jax, double bladed vibrostave in hand.

Wileama
19 November 2001, 05:49 PM
I always like the idea of 2 lightsabres. They are just so cool to me. B)

Wade Trenor
19 November 2001, 06:42 PM
For me, it'd be a toss up between the Force Pike or the Double-bladed Lightsaber. Why?
The Force Pike does more damage than a lightsaber AND can stun (think two-handed).
The Double-bladed Lightsaber (when wielded properly), gets two Lightsaber attacks (with less penalties then actually using two Lightsabers), and it ignores hardness (which I like since our group keeps getting droids thrown at us).

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 08:41 PM
Silly EU plot devices aside, there's no evidence that ONLY Jedi can make lightsabres. They're pieces of technology, pure and simple. Anyone with the right tools and the blueprints can make one.

saucercrab
19 November 2001, 08:51 PM
Uh, Kayle,
In d20 rules, it states that the Force is needed to make a 'saber (to imbue the crystals) . But seein' as you don't play d20 (right?), you might not have known.

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 09:13 PM
I reiterate. "Silly EU plot devices aside...."

Unless, of course, all Tapani Sector nobles are Jedi Knights... They do use lightrapiers after all which are just low-quality lightsabres.

Wade Trenor
19 November 2001, 09:14 PM
Still, Force Adepts, DSM, Inquisitors, etc who have access to the blueprints will have a chance at making a saber. Especially if they find a holocron.

saucercrab
19 November 2001, 09:35 PM
Kayle,
While the d20 Core Rules does qualify as expanded universe material & not canon, it is the law for the d20 system.

And, (I can't believe I'm saying/writing this) just because D6 had it one way, doesn't mean it's right that way (I'm sorry, WEG). Plus, there's no (canon) evidence that other people can make 'sabers. I was never really wild about foppish nobles carrying around knock-off 'sabers, anyway. It ruins the mystique & awe.

It's d20 EU versus D6 EU. Since d20 is the current version, its rulings supercede those of D6. I'm not starting a version war, either. The d20 system is approved as the official version.

Wade,
And they have the Craft (lightsaber) skill, & (because they are d20 classes), they imbue the crystals with Force. Then, yeah, each could make a 'saber. Although, Imperial inquisitors do get one at first level.

Corsair
19 November 2001, 09:36 PM
I still don't know what stance to take on your character acquiring a lightsaber Wade. It scares me every time you mention it.

But you are right. They can make it from blueprints or a holocron, but I have serious doubts whether or not our Jedi Guardian would give you the "Lightsaber Building for Dummies" book.

As to you finding a holocron (I have a feeling we have already come across one in our games .. just dawned on me then) .... lets just say I have an affinity for things that a worth a lot ... and can be used to reach a .. how do you say ... "I give you this and you must make an oath on the force that you will not kill me" pact.

Krad-edis
19 November 2001, 09:42 PM
I have to agree with Kayle on the lightsaber bit. While using the force to create a lightsaber might be a good idea in order to guide one through the procedure, it should not be an absolute must. I find the D20 rules to be kind of contradictory in the sense of making it such a big deal to actually make a lightsaber, yet the level one Jedi Guardian and Jedi Guardian are given the item as a freebee tool by their master. How personal is that? Not much imbuing going on there.

I read the circumstance bonus rule for characters using their own personal lightsaber, and I think it is kind of silly. Are they saying that the lightsaber is alive and is actively guiding your Jedi into being better....that is kind of hokey. I would give the lightsaber a circumstance bonus if they modified it further into one that is more responsive. Afterall it may be a nifty tool, but it is just a tool....

Corsair
19 November 2001, 09:50 PM
Actually, once a Jedi makes his/her own lightsaber, from the point they use it onwards, they have a continual connection with it. You can actually find out a lot about a Jedi just from their lightsaber. This has been mentioned both in the comics and the books ... specific ones I can't tell you though.

So the fact that you get a bonus because its a personal lightsaber is actually sound, as the Jedi has a greater connection with it than the one he was given, as you actually have to use the force in order to make one.

Also, many Jedi were given their first lightsaber, but if you note in the CR, it is a requirement that a Jedi build his/her own lightsaber, and the lightsaber that is given to them at the beginning gets taken off them at a later stage.

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 09:57 PM
On the building of lightsabres by non-Jedi, absence of evidence is not proof of lack of ability. Just because canon doesn't say it isn't possible, means nothing.

It's a technological tool. Described by Kenobi as "an elegant weapon of a more civilized time". Nothing mystical about that description, and at that particular time Kenobi was trying to instill as much awe of all-things-Jedi into Luke as possible.

Occam's Razor suggests that it can be built by anyone with access to the right tools.

And if this "force-imbued crystals" crap is accurate, just wait until I get hold of a Wookiee Jedi Guardian with an E-WEB. Force-imbued focussing crystals, here we come!

saucercrab
19 November 2001, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Kayle Skolaris:
On the building of lightsabres by non-Jedi, absence of evidence is not proof of lack of ability. Just because canon doesn't say it isn't possible, means nothing. And also, just because canon hasn't shown it to be possible doesn't mean it is possible for non-Force users to build a 'saber. It goes both ways; kinda' like what you said, absence of evidence is not proof of the ability.

BTW, what's Occam's Razor?

And I don't think a lightsaber has the same type of crystal(s) that a blaster does. Not positive, but I'm pretty sure. :rolleyes:

Gulmyros
19 November 2001, 10:11 PM
On the building of lightsabres by non-Jedi, absence of evidence is not proof of lack of ability. Just because canon doesn't say it isn't possible, means nothing. Heh, careful how you stack your arguments... I have a player who might tell you that just because you don't SEE Wookies fly in the movies doesn't mean they can't....

But then, he's a real pain on a regular basis. :)

Gully

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 10:13 PM
Occam's Razor is the concept that when faced with two possible answers to a problem the odds favor the simpler of the two as being the correct one. It isn't a perfect tool by any means. It's Occam's Razor that led people to believe for millennia that maggots are spontaneously generated from rotting meat.

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 10:15 PM
Heh, careful how you stack your arguments... I have a player who might tell you that just because you don't SEE Wookies fly in the movies doesn't mean they can't....

And THAT is a perfect example of where Occam's razor is useful! Since we never saw Wookiees fly in the movie yet we did see them walk everywhere they went, Occam's Razor suggests the simplest answer is that they can't fly!

Krad-edis
19 November 2001, 10:17 PM
Yes, I've noted the rules.

Kind of like turning in the spare unimbued one because it is no good as opposed to the other one which was made by the now Jedi Knight......I still don't buy that.

You can tell a lot about a Jedi by their lightsaber? What are they mood sabers? You can tell a lot about a Jedi by their actions not by their sabers. Someone who has a suped up saber might be just someone who is actually an idiot hiding behind it, whereas someone who has just a basic saber might be able to really use it. Sabers are tools....nothing more. They are just as much of a tool as a blaster is, except more civilized and certainly harder to use and master.

Somethings I'm curious about, and need a real opinion on...then I'll shut up.

If they are force imbued, do they have midichlorians "injected" into them? Can a Jedi who did not create the lightsaber still sense it? If something is force imbued, I could imagine that it could be sensed by anyone who has the sense feat or skill. Do Jedi have to worry about Force Stealthing themselves and their lightsabers? That would be funny for a Jedi to have his position given away by his little force imbued crystals he has in his lightsaber. This is the crap that I did not have to worry about when I played D6, something I doubt Ben Kenobi or Luke really worried about either, but if the system says so, I am curious what everyone else thinks.

Gulmyros
19 November 2001, 10:18 PM
Occam's Razor is the concept that when faced with two possible answers to a problem the odds favor the simpler of the two as being the correct one. It isn't a perfect tool by any means. It's Occam's Razor that led people to believe for millennia that maggots are spontaneously generated from rotting meat.
And THAT is a perfect example of where Occam's razor is useful! Since we never saw Wookiees fly in the movie yet we did see them walk everywhere they went, Occam's Razor suggests the simplest answer is that they can't fly! And since we never saw anyone build a saber in the movies, yet the Jedi seem to carry them... maybe the Jedi spontaneously create them???

Ok, now I'm just funnin' for the sake of it.

I'm done.

Really.

:)

Gully

saucercrab
19 November 2001, 10:18 PM
Thanx for the Occam's info. But this concept was thought up in a reality where the Force doesn't exist. If only Jedi use 'sabers, there must be a reason why (& hopefully not counting Lucas & his damnable driveway).

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 10:24 PM
Well... This is hardly canon, not even official, but here's a little tidbit not many know... In the original draft of Star Wars all Storm Troopers were armed with one-handed lightsabres. The idea was scrapped due to the immense SFX cost that would entail.

Again, that's hardly canon, but it does show that George Lucas INTENDED lightsabres to be available to everyone.

saucercrab
19 November 2001, 10:27 PM
Krad-edis,
I personally don't like the midi-chlorian stuff (& d20 doesn't mention them, either). The way I see it, they are attracted to people that possess the Force. I don't see them as being responsible for a person's Force ability; they're just a sign, if you know how to read them.

Maybe (maybe) a 'saber, althought it is 'Force-imbued,' doesn't have much of a presence that can be sensed.

Krad-edis
19 November 2001, 10:27 PM
I saw the actual pictures of the heroes running into some Stormies with sabers......if the stormies had them originally, this kind of gives the idea that the sabers are mass produced...

Krad-edis
19 November 2001, 10:31 PM
I don't like the midichlorian thing either (I was curious mainly to see if anyone could make my point easier), and once again a contradictory notion in the system. If an object is force imbued it should be able to be detected......size matters not....if it inkles in the force....it can be found by those who look hard enough. If it cannot be detected, then the circumstance is not great enough to rate a bonus....my thoughts.

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 10:37 PM
Whether D20 mentioned midicrappions or not, they're from a movie and are therefore canon. D20 is only official and is therefore superceded by the movie.

About the Force and life... I always wondered exactly what a Jedi senses when he uses something like Life Detection... We literally live in an air-borne ocean of microscopic life. Bacteria, spores, viruses, and other life too small to see exists all around us all the time. What does this micro-life register as and why doesn't the sheer volume of it overwhelm the mind of anyone using Life Detection?

Krad-edis
19 November 2001, 10:50 PM
I always thought of Life Detection as a radar within 10 meters. A Jedi or force user who has this power will be able to detect all sentient life that approaches. Not very specific, but I think the Jedi pretty much decides what he or she is looking for, whether it be a person(s), animal(s), or quite possibly microbes.....all of which might remain hidden without the power's usage.

saucercrab
19 November 2001, 10:59 PM
Krad-edis,
Here's a question concerning Force detection:

Is a non-Force-sensitive person with 5 FP's easier to detect than one with no FP's? In d20 rules, no. In D6 rules, I don't remember...

If a 'saber's crystal(s) is imbued with the Force (1 point to be precise), some of the Force energy used in the process may have been burned away, leaving a small amount in the crystal(s) itself. Since all living things have the Force inside them, maybe the 'saber just isn't powerful enough to register with everything else.

Kayle,
Jar Jar is considered canon, & I can tell you what I think of him. :D

Sometimes Lucas doesn't know when to say 'no.' :)

Krad-edis
19 November 2001, 11:07 PM
A Jedi must make a Control, Sense, and Alter check in order to "imbue" a crystal. Supposedly this takes 30 days. Thats a lot of concentration involved in this "ritual" for it all to supposedly burn out.....

The fickle circumstance bonus is there....
The force is there....regardless of the amount.....
If it cannot be detected....it sounds like a crock to me.

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 11:09 PM
The entire thing sounds like a crock to me, but hey, what do I know?

saucercrab
19 November 2001, 11:14 PM
I didn't say all of it. Plus, Force Stealth doesn't distinguish between a user & his equipment in its application, so why couldn't a 'saber be covered by the same use?

And I don't think you answered my question.

Krad-edis
19 November 2001, 11:15 PM
I have started a discussion about it in D20. I am curious what people have to say about later on this morning. I think it is an aspect that really needs some looking into, because if it (FORCE imbued lightsaber crystals, you know the ones used in the saber RITUAL) detected, the skill of force stealth might not do you much good if the detector locks in on your ritual saber.

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 11:17 PM
If you carried a mouse in your pocket it would be just as "stowed away" as a comlink for purposes of equipment storage but it would still be radiating Force energies. Similarly, if lightsabres are imbued with the force, they'll be radiating the Force despite hanging on your belt beside your blaster pistol.

Krad-edis
19 November 2001, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by saucercrab
I didn't say all of it. Plus, Force Stealth doesn't distinguish between a user & his equipment in its application, so why couldn't a 'saber be covered by the same use?

Force Stealth as per Core Rules page 87

"With this skill, your CHARACTER can use the force to avoid both physical and force based detection"

In the meantime a disturbance in the force is being sensed by a ritually created saber....as per D20 rules in how they are made. A character may not be sensed, but it does not mention the inventory of holocrons, lightsabers, and other force imbued trinkets that might give them away.

Don't mean to have to get out the Core Rules to be a lawyer, but the skill is not that specific and I think having a item on your person that is "part of the force"...may cause some problems for those who think they are properly cloaked.....makes a good reason to have a Sith Lord find a Padawan who just didn't know to cloak his saber.

saucercrab
19 November 2001, 11:38 PM
But if Force Stealth can cloak a Jedi, his field kit, his light repeating blaster (because he was stupid & he wasted the feat) & his suit of heavy power armor (again, stupid, wasted feats), why can't the same use cloak his 'saber also?

In the DSSB, there are special powers for armor that have to have the armor imbued with the Force (one of them a stealth feature). Would the armor have to be cloaked separatedly, then?

Kayle Skolaris
19 November 2001, 11:41 PM
Because his field kit, LRB, and HPA aren't radiating the Force like a beacon. The sabre is.

And yes, Force-imbued armor would need cloaking seperately as well. ANYTHING that radiates the Force would need it.

Krad-edis
19 November 2001, 11:48 PM
Exactamundo.

If it is a holocron, a lightsaber (D20 of course), or any other force enhanced dark side or light side object on the person gives off its own eminations.

Example:

A person is walking through the woods quietly. All of a sudden a their electric shaver they had in their coat pocket went off. BZZZZZZZ
Even though they are not talking, their position is given away by a BZZZZZZZZ. Anyone can focus in on this if they are listening.
While a person may remain hidden or silent, anything on them which has the potential to give them away through sight or sound must be dealt with accordingly.

Empty your canteens, weapon black all of your snaps, tape any lose metal parts which may clank around.....use common sense and you may not be found.

In other words, cloak yourself, and take care of force objects you have on you. All someone has to do is direction find you and boom, you just got carpet bombed.

saucercrab
19 November 2001, 11:51 PM
ANYTHING that radiates the Force would need it.Where does it say this under Force Stealth? It doesn't, which means it's open to interpretation. And I think we are interpreting differently. :rolleyes:

Krad-edis
20 November 2001, 12:10 AM
That is the whole problem.....It is too open to interpretation. It says character in the description, yet it is called force stealth. I would hate to think that only a character can be masked but the saber that dangles from his or her's belt is not masked....or even a saber which may be across the room.

I would call this the invisible Jedi syndrome. Like the invisible man was invisible but his clothes (or in this case the lightsaber) are not.

By the way, whether or not a Saber which was created by usage of the force radiates the force is open to interpretation too. I respect this descision, but certainly won't honor it until someone can explain to me the "it is there but not there deal" Not enough power doesn't really cut it for me....especially when 30 days and all force skills (Control, Sense and Alter) are involved....plus it supposedly bonds with the Jedi and makes them stronger....and this can't be detected.....yeah right.

I once again will say that people who are force sensitive radiate the force (they can be sensed unless they are strong enough to block the probe), and objects brought about through force ritual radiate the force. To say that they even though they possess enough force to give a Jedi a bonus, but not enough to be detected sounds like a serious cop out on the D20 side of the house....

Wade Trenor
20 November 2001, 12:18 AM
I haven't gone through the entire content of this thread becuse its getting so big, but I have got the general gist of it.
There are those in the EU who carry Lightsabers stolen from fallen Jedi. There are those that have access to 'lightknives' (as seen in Darth Maul comic). The fact that Anakin automatically assumes that Qui-Gon is a Jedi shows that even though the Jedi are not the only ones with access to the technology, etc, they are the ones most commonly seen with it.
As for the Lightsaber telling much about the user, its because the blade has some style added to it (is the Jedi vain?), it could have a long handle and blade (is it used mainly for attack or defence?), some even require Force potential before they activate (is it because they are cautious of enemies, or are they a little paranoid?)
There was even an debate on this site about the colour reflection on the users attitude towards the Force.
Why do the crystals need focusing? Well I'm gonna get technical and say that they could be pizeoelectric, and therefore need to have a controlled focus, or the handle (and the hand holding it) will be destroyed.
Why the +1 combat bonus? It was made by them for them - it fits their hand and their style of fighting. Of course it's gonna benefit them.

saucercrab
20 November 2001, 12:31 AM
If a person can cloak himself, why must he also cloak something on his person separately? That's like saying in DnD that a wizard has to cast Invisibility separately on his magic items because they can be detected as diifferent than him.

The bonus to hit that a d20 Jedi receives for using a 'saber he has built is not a Force bonus; it is a circumstance bonus. So the imbuing of the crystal(s) doesn't create the bonus. In d20, bonuses come in different types. The description for a circumstance bonus (in the DnD DMG, page 177) is "a bonus or penalty based on situational factors..." Maybe the fact that the Jedi built the 'saber himself gives him the bonus. Self-confidence could be the reason.

Krad-edis
20 November 2001, 12:36 AM
Noted on the fitting their style of fighting...., but now I am going to have to get technical too. How about adding some custom grips, or a button that adjusts the blade of the "TOOL" that they already have? Why not add on an extra portion to the handle or remove a portion to fit their needs?

Here is another series of questions for some D20ers:

Who creates the generic beginning lightsaber for the level one Jedi?

If it is the master, wouldn't they try to create it in a way that it would best reflect their student's abilities?

Would it still be possible for a student to try and alter his first saber into a more perfect design even though he is not "ritually attuned to his ritual saber", or would he have to wait until he made his own? Would this disturb the ritual?

saucercrab
20 November 2001, 12:43 AM
How would a person know what best reflects the abilities of an 7-year-old (or whatever the age)? A kid, for Pete's sake. As a Jedi padawan advances in ability & age, what suits him best solidifies in his own mind so he knows what is best for him, in terms of building a 'saber.

I still go with the fact that he built it, & he knows that he built it.

Wade Trenor
20 November 2001, 12:43 AM
The rules indicate that the Lightsaber would come from their master.
It's not built for them, as it is a training saber, and was likely either giving to him when he was just a padawan as well, or it was one of his earlier constructions, and as he has learned more of the Force and of the galaxy, he has built newer versions which is what he now uses.

Kayle Skolaris
20 November 2001, 12:45 AM
That's like saying in DnD that a wizard has to cast Invisibility separately on his magic items because they can be detected as diifferent than him.

*BZZZT* Wrong! Thanks for playing and we have some lovely consolations prizes!

AD&D 3E Player's Handbook, Pg. 218 Invisibility Spell Description, second sentence: If the recipient is a creature carrying gear, the gear vanishes too.

I'll try to explain this to you one more time...

People radiate the Force.

Animals radiate the Force.

Things not imbued with the Force do not radiate the Force.

Things that ARE imbued with the Force DO radiate the Force.

If a Jedi is escaping Vader with his pet cat, he has to cloak his cat seperately despite the fact that he's holding it because it is radiating the Force

If the Jedi is escaping Vader with a picture of his pet cat in his hand, he only has to cloak himself since the picture does not radiate the Force.

If the Jedi is escaping Vader with his force-imbued lightsabre, he has to cloak his sabre seperately because like the cat, it's radiating the Force.

What part of all this escapes you?

Krad-edis
20 November 2001, 12:57 AM
Self Confidence.....?

I am confident that I could shoot that can off the top of the tree stump....+1 bonus.

Do you see where I am going with this one....jeeez, I liked it better when it was because of possible familiarity and custom fit to the Jedi's fighting abities.

To answer the question of why you must cloak twice:

You may be wearing camouflage, but a simple unblackened snap on your gear will give your position away.

You may have cloaked yourself, but a lightsaber which remains uncloaked is sending a beacon to whomever is sensing.

The rule says character, not what the character may be carrying along with him or her, or what the character may have in the room with him or her. It is the character, the living being is cloaked. Now in a sense they are invisible to just about every form of detection through the force, except for the beacon they carry on them. It is like a camouflaged soldier walking through a forest ringing a bell. It is a chink in the invisible armor, that depending on your point of view needs to be patched. Saucercrab, I guess we will have to have another stalemate in agreement.

This is the common sense approach in my opinion, and I think Kayles. If the freaking thing is created through the force through ritual acts of meditation and ALL FORCE SKILLS of (CONTROL, SENSE, and ALTER) are used, I cannot see othewise in why it would not be part of the force....a part that I think should not be overlooked when carrying it around and trying to avoid people like Sidious and Vader.

saucercrab
20 November 2001, 01:08 AM
AD&D 3E Player's Handbook, Pg. 218 Invisibility Spell Description, second sentence: If the recipient is a creature carrying gear, the gear vanishes too.Right. I know what the spell does. I'm showing how Force Stealth & Invisibility can have similar effects. Invisibility covers everything that the recipient has on them & why can't Force Stealth do the same? Oh that's right, because you said so. You interpret the rule like that & so must we all. :raised:

If you want to think that Force Stealth can't cover a 'saber along with its wielder, that's fine. Make up a D6 version of the power & put in that limitation for your game. Have fun with it, even.

I choose to think differently. And since I don't see Kayle Skolaris credited in the Core Rules, I know I'm not breaking any rules. :)

Krad-edis,
Self-confidence goes along familiarity. The Jedi knows he built it; he is very familiar with how it works. The definition of a circumstance bonus is a bit vague, I guess.

In your interpretation of the power, the Jedi would have to Force Stealth any armor, weapons, & equipment he is carrying, separately.

Krad-edis
20 November 2001, 01:29 AM
[B]

Krad-edis,
Self-confidence goes along familiarity. The Jedi knows he built it; he is very familiar with how it works. The definition of a circumstance bonus is a bit vague, I guess.

In your interpretation of the power, the Jedi would have to Force Stealth any armor, weapons, & equipment he is carrying, separately.

So are you saying that if someone uses a blaster for a long time and they become a crack shot, they get a +1 self confidence bonus? Perfectly logical.

I am well aware of my interpretation, and I am aware of yours as well. I can see why rolling twice or three times...or for how many times necessary can be frustrating, but each item in my game, and possibly Kayle's games are going to have seperate rolls due to their significance as seperate entities in the force.

It is not like we have never disagreed on something.

edit: Stressing that Items to be rolled seperate for are ones that eminate the force.

Kayle Skolaris
20 November 2001, 01:35 AM
Hey, a PC's life is meant to be complicated, right? :D

wolverine
20 November 2001, 06:26 AM
I would have to say vibro weapons.....

AS for the jedi and lightsaber thing, speaking with KJA, Stackpole and Zahn at this years Gencon in a starwars Q&a, they concurred with a wotc guy who said "that although the official rules in the WOTC core book state only jedi can make lightsabers, there is sufficient information from novels and other sources to indicate that others can as well"
THe only source i can think of is in the young jedi night series, where on the shadow academy, it mentions of them being massed produced.

Krad-edis
20 November 2001, 06:43 AM
I agree that it is Jedi Technology. Sith and Jensaarai are independant groups that off the top of my head I can name that make lightsabers. True they are force sensitive, but I think the idea of only Jedi can make them was even killed by Stackpole's Jensaarai. I'm not sure if I beleive that a Jedi was responsible for making Maul's doublesaber either.

Dr_Worm
20 November 2001, 09:11 AM
My point, which seems to have been lost, is that the things that make a Lightsaber so cool are force abbilities.

Deflect blasters-
High damage based on the users Control-

Without these things a Lightsaber is no more effective than a force pike (ok you cannot use a force pike for a glow rod...woopdeedoo).

Then again I really do repect others opinions as their own, so if you think a Lightsaber is the best...well you are right...it is your opinion.

Krad-edis
20 November 2001, 09:32 AM
If you are referring to me, yeah I will argue a point if I feel it is something significant enough to cause a problem in game play or expand a story line. We'll respect your opinion , as well as it should be expected for anyone with conflicting ideas to be able to argue them freely in a DISCUSSION FORUM where not everyone agrees on the same thing. I don't especially like having someone come in here and start saying that this thread is "thread off crap", when valid points are being made about a weapon and its applications. I tried to bring it somewhere else, but it has continued....check the D20 postings.

Dr_Worm
20 November 2001, 10:17 AM
I was not refering to you...

I am sorry if I upset you...I should have not posted such an inflamatory comment...It was unnessisary and hypocritical. I did read your other post and was impressed at the evolution of your original question. I just get really frustrated I look at a thread to get specific information and it goes off on a tangent. Perhaps I should modify my expectations.

I will edit the post as I do truley regret being inflamatory.

saucercrab
20 November 2001, 10:40 AM
Krad-edis,
Okay, for Force Stealth, once again, we see things differently. As to the confidence/crack shot thing, if a character built his own gun & used it continually, it might be possible to get a +1 circumstance bonus out of it.
Again, I guess we disagree (no big surprise there).

Dr_Worm,
I apologize if some of us got side-tracked. Some of what we were arguing about was nitpicking & had only the slightest relation to this thread. At least the moderators didn't have to step in ('course, they probably were asleep at the time, so...). :)

wolverine,
When the authors said others could make 'sabers, did they elaborate if they meant other Force users or other persons in general? I'm just curious, now.

I guess I'm done now.

Kayle Skolaris
20 November 2001, 07:57 PM
Amazing how even the threads I create generate chaos... Truly amazing...

Gulmyros
20 November 2001, 08:12 PM
Please take this with all the loving jest with which it is intended....

But I don't think it's the THREAD that causes the chaos, per se.....

*ducks* 8o

Gully

Kayle Skolaris
20 November 2001, 08:18 PM
*evil grin* Thank ya, thank ya verra much!

Corsair
20 November 2001, 09:10 PM
Kayle. Lord of Chaos. Hehe.

Anyway ... think this thread has gone far enough yet? Gonna get moved to Chaos and Miscellania soon if things keep going the way they are. :D

Kayle Skolaris
20 November 2001, 10:10 PM
Far enough off topic? Hell no!!! We haven't even started talking about aardvarks yet! :D

wolverine
21 November 2001, 12:30 AM
It's didn't elaborate. It just said that the shadow academy had those who were not students (and some of the students at times), doing mudane tasks, like flying the shuttles, manning the sensors, making the food, constructing the lightsabers. I might have got this mixed up but as my books are on the way to london where i am transfering to, i cannot check....

Donovan Morningfire
21 November 2001, 06:22 AM
Kayle, Lord of Chaos? I think not. Most argumentitive bastich on these boards? More than likely :D

I still stand by the single-bladed lightsaber as my weapn of choice, just for the style of it and the signifigance it holds in role-playing terms. That and the added bonus of it being able to kickimus maximus buttimus in the hands of a Jedi Knight. (And since about all I play these days are Jedi, my proof on the last part is pretty obvious.)

As to the Force Stealth bit, I go by the general feel of the rules WotC gave. A less is more type of vibe. In that less micro-rules for every situation leads to a better game (less looking stuff up). What that means is I think Force Stealth covers everything on the Jedi.

I agree with the concept that the +1 circumstance bonus a Jedi gets with a personal lightsaber is due both to his innate familiarity and confidence with the weapon. To use a real world example, a buddy of mine put together a rifle using various parts and spending a lot of time. It's calibrated to his usage, grips, sights and all. And his accuracy was even better than usual when using it (and he's a pretty darn good shot to begin with). I'd definitely call that a +1 circumstance bonus, at the least.

And if you really need a +1 confidence bonus to hit a tree with a weapon, man you suck :D :D :D

Kayle Skolaris
21 November 2001, 06:27 AM
And if you really need a +1 confidence bonus to hit a tree with a weapon, man you suck

*whimper* And I had such GOOD self esteem this time yesterday!

Frzz Drubar
21 November 2001, 06:56 AM
I agree with Donovan on all counts

Force Stealth like Invisibility should effect everything the Jedi has on him or in his possession. Remember this isn't total invisibility, it's only a bonus to hiding, so if you had your saber drawn that would diminish your ability to hide. You should be able to use FS to increase that chance. And to protect you from Force Detection wouldn't you want to use Force Defense? It seems it would be more effective in stopping force powers from detecting you.

I also agree theoretically that someone who customized their own blaster should receive a +1 circumstance/familiarity bonus, however I could see how this could quickly unbalance a game when someone decides that Craft: Blasters lets them build an entire arsenal of +1 weapons from hold-out blasters and Light repeating rifles to e-web casters or even a ships lasercannons. Although it would be cool to equip your own personal blaster with the add ons you can make to the light saber (theft protection, activation, light source, comm device, etc) The GM would need to be careful with this one.

And the single-bladed lightsaber is just the coolest. It may not do as much damage as a B-36 Space Modulator but it's is so much more fun.

And I was thinking (uh oh watch out) Is the riot gun a slug thrower? Because physical objects are affected by things like Move Object, Force Push, and Force Whirlwind. So you may not like your six riot shots "pushed" back at you either. And I don't think solid objects can pass through the blade. In fact I don't think anything can. So it would deflect/slag/slow down slugs thrown no problem. Otherwise, the Jedi would need bullet proof vests, and then they still wouldn't live long.

I just can't see the Billy the Kid taking out Obi Wan at fifty paces.

yipeekayey

Kayle Skolaris
21 November 2001, 07:05 AM
Riot Gun is a blaster weapon. And that's the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator, thank you very much! :D

Since you mentioned the face-off... Gallandro (THE Star Wars Gunslinger) would likely have a good chance against TPM-era Obi-Wan. I dunno if you're familiar with D6 or not, but his skill with a Heavy Blaster Pistol is 14D+1 and he uses a quickdraw holster good for +1D to quickdraw attempts.

FlipDog 2000
21 November 2001, 07:19 AM
I haven't been payin attention to the more recent posts, but the best melee weapon it one that can be used as a ranged weapon too. Namely the Energy Whip. If you buy the longest, best and most illegal one, you have a ranged attack of 10 meters, and you attack with your dex. And damage it applyed w/ strength. So, its like having weapon finesse for free. And then you make modifications, and it just becomes nasty.

Kayle Skolaris
21 November 2001, 07:22 AM
Well if you want a weapon good for close combat and long range but don't want to go the built-in blaster route, try a repulsorspear... Think the Predator's spear as seen in Predator 2.

Frzz Drubar
21 November 2001, 07:54 AM
As far as both ranged and melee the lightsaber does it again. remember it is a defensive weapon. It's not meant for outright flagrant attacks but will respond in kind to any such directed at it

in the right hands of course

Kayle Skolaris
21 November 2001, 07:56 AM
Lightsabres CAN'T block EVERYTHING! Even in "the right hands"! I can think of two things right off the top of my head that lightsabres can't handle: flamethrowers and sonic disruptors.

Frzz Drubar
21 November 2001, 08:31 AM
Sonic disruptors would be dissipated energy as might be the flame throwers but Force Whirlwind would put that flame out or at least light itself on fire.

in the right hands

(BTW are these D6 weapons? or did I miss them in the CR? are the conversions in SW Gamer? or here on the site someplace? I'd love to look at them.)

nerfherder

Frzz Drubar
21 November 2001, 09:48 AM
I'm sorry about the nerfherder comment

Don't get me wrong I think it was funny

but it was out of place and not following protocol

you won't find anything like that coming from me anymore

:(

Kayle Skolaris
21 November 2001, 09:53 AM
Sonics can no more be absorb/dissipated than the pressure wave from a nuke could be. It's KE transfer using the air as the medium of transfer. And Jedi can't absorb/dissipate KE transfer.

And Sonic weapons are WEG weapons... There's actually several types in WEG. Stunners are the most common, but there's a race in the Planets Collection that has some that are quite deadly.

Frzz Drubar
21 November 2001, 10:45 AM
then it could be force pushed or force whirlwinded away and if it didn't have a wide area of effect it could simply be deflected then if it derives its damage from a physical object, the air.

Advisor
21 November 2001, 01:51 PM
Sorry but I had to choose other... and now I will be more specific like you asked.

As a Melee weapon I like the Repulsor Rodian Throwing Razor on Page 89 of the WeG book Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (Guns and Gear for Any Occasion)

Yes I modified it a bit when I converted over to d20 but nothing too major and the original specs and stats for it still work rather well

I like the weapon so much I try to include it in any game I play either as a PC or as GM.... the only games I couldn't get it to work was games like D&D and the like that are to primitive.... but it works well in GURPS, Robotech and many more.....

Kayle Skolaris
21 November 2001, 03:17 PM
Actually the RTR is a ranged weapon... But it's such a frelling COOL ranged weapon that I won't complain too much :D

I use them frequently and often myself, usually modified for extra damage and with poison reserviors installed. I once created an NPC R5 unit that had a high-pressure gas catapult installed into its storage compartment along with a "clip" of six throwing razors. The catapult allowed the droid to "throw" the razors and it used its radar for targeting. Damned vicious little droid! The PCs learned not to frell with it right quick! :D

Force Pike
14 July 2002, 08:17 PM
Force Pike. When you realize the power, and become a master with one, you truly do wield the most powerful weapon in the game.

Jastor
15 July 2002, 05:01 AM
Thought Kir Kanos uses a force pike (like all other royal lifeguards) .. not a double pike ... but i may be wrong

hmm ... i think i prefer the monofilament wire .. thou how we play it, its damn hard to come by. but alas :) some nice damage it does ^^

Darklighter
15 July 2002, 09:24 PM
I voted 'other', with the single-bladed lightsabre in mind. Simple, elegant, and extremely effective in a wide variety of combat and non-combat situations. I'm also a bit of a purist, and this weapon is, to me, synonomous with the coolest elements of Star Wars. :)

Zyborg22
18 July 2002, 02:59 PM
I chose the double-bladed lightsaber because there is nothing better at slicing, dicing, and overall maiming your opponent than a double-bladed lightsaber, even if there are some penalties.

Agback
21 July 2002, 09:11 PM
I was never really wild about foppish nobles carrying around knock-off 'sabers, anyway. It ruins the mystique & awe.

Different things mystify and awe different people. What awes me is consilience: the discovery or realisation that complex phenomena fit together and make sense without special pleading.

So I am awed by a world in which people used to fence with lightsabres in an elegant past age when pistols were controlled or not widely available, but in which as a result of a major war firearms became common, and in which therefore the lightsabre fell into disuse except among the Force-using [remnants of] the Jedi, who were (uniquely) able to defend themselves against ranged weapons with lightsabres.

I am less in awe of a world in which Jedi and only Jedi use lightsabres because the author has written the word "MYSTICAL" on them with crayola.:p

Regards,

Agback

Moff Neomen
22 July 2002, 06:55 AM
I vote for the Jengardin Double-edged Vibroblade. You can never do wrong with REALLY BIG KNIVES.

Either that or the Neuronic whip. Those are always cool.

Darth_Cassed
18 April 2003, 07:03 AM
Me...being a Dark Sider.....

Have to go with the double saber. Course in real life my character has a Sith Axe/Lightsaber. Interesting combo I must say....

Trandoshan Jedi
18 April 2003, 08:05 AM
The Force Pike is the BEST!!!!:D B) :rguard:

Durian Keldrona
18 April 2003, 08:45 AM
the reason jedi get a bonus with sabres they made is they can make it to fit their fighting style and the handle is fitted to be more comfortable for them to use.

and if the Force impuing stuff is true that also is in the bonus.

I choose lightsabre ie. other

Kayle Skolaris
18 April 2003, 10:30 AM
Having recently experimented with the joys of playing a Dathomirian Rancor, I must cast my vote for AT-ST legs as the best melee weapon. :D

Kanner Ra'an
18 April 2003, 11:32 AM
Vibroaxe, gotta say the biggest weapon out their. Thougth force pikes and blastswords are fun to play with too. As for lightsabers, I can blast faster then you can deflect. :D

mojo1701
19 April 2003, 06:29 AM
Me likey da baseball bat.

Darth_Cassed
19 April 2003, 06:29 AM
Kanner Ra'an, I believe that's what was goin through Jango Fett's head....

Darth_Cassed
19 April 2003, 06:30 AM

Darth_Cassed
19 April 2003, 06:30 AM

Tossk
19 April 2003, 08:07 AM
Aw....
Did someone Triple-post?;) :D

I voted Vibrosabre... especially a Sith version...:D :vader: :maul: :emperor:

Can you say 4d6 points of damage? plus applicable "lightsaber-only" level based damage bonuses...B)

Kanner Ra'an
19 April 2003, 10:16 AM
Kanner Ra'an , I believe that's what was goin through Jango Fett's head....

Hmmmm..... problem:(. Solution :), BIGGER GUN. The answer to all lifes problems.

Satyrgrrrrl
19 April 2003, 10:42 AM
Finally, stats for a Gamorrean's Axe!!

While I didn't get to play with it, it's still nice to know that my Gamorrean could have walked around with an axe that's specific to Gamoreans.

:D

Lucas Carr
21 April 2003, 05:24 AM
I voted other, for the regular lightsaber.

Macdeth
21 April 2003, 08:05 AM
I'm a sucker for the classics, a pruist if you will, so my choice is the old school style.

One, single bladed lightsaber. I nthe hands of a Master it kicks the crap outa anything....for proof, please refer to Yoda's fight, Luke and Vader and Obi-wan. Oh, ya, and the second badest dude in the Galaxy Mr. MAce Windu.

MikevonSith
27 April 2003, 07:07 AM
The best weapon is with no doubt Doublesabre B)

DarkJester
29 April 2003, 07:27 PM
if i'm powergaming here i'd o with double lightsabre if i'm playing as like i normaly do i have to go with.................................... nouronic whip (sp).

horn1974
30 April 2003, 12:27 AM
Light saber hands down.
i see someone mentioned the star of the guardians series the lightsaber type weapon in that was called a bloodsword.only nobleborn could weild one because to activate it you would have to place these needles that were part of the hilt into your hand it would ignite (the blade)and a neurotoxin(sp) would be sent into the weilders bloodstreem those with the right bloodtype had the antitoxin alreadyin there blood those that dont die a horrible death.
If you havent read this series yet as a SW fan do yourself a favor and check this one out!! :)

starkiller210
1 May 2003, 04:44 PM
:amidala: :isd: Adumari Blastswords they take a lot of skill, and got that neat blaster on contact thing going:noghri: :winter:

Tossk
1 May 2003, 05:41 PM
I have come across the best weapon ever. The cardboard Sith Sword!!!:D No problems with spaceport security, yet much more dangerous with the darkside FPs...;)

Kanner Ra'an
1 May 2003, 05:56 PM
I have come across the best weapon ever. The cardboard Sith Sword!!! No problems with spaceport security, yet much more dangerous with the darkside FPs...

Also gives a penalty to opponents since their laughing so hard.

Silent
1 May 2003, 08:45 PM
Thinking about it, just about anything can become a melee weapon with the Force Weapon thingy on it...

As for normal weapons, I think that I'd like to have a nice regular lightsaber: there's something to be said for understatment. Of course, using fists is pretty cool too, and quarterstaffs are nice and simple as well. Maybe if I could make a staff out of something that couldn't be cut by a saber...

Jedi Master Talon
2 May 2003, 05:11 AM
I think the double bladed Lightsaber is the best it's really cool to fight with because you could take on 2 sith or Jedi at the same time and you still had a chance.

mojo1701
2 May 2003, 12:32 PM
If you can wield the double-bladed saber, then you are a true master.

I am also in the process of building a lightsaber right now....

Regis
6 May 2003, 07:17 AM
Vibroaxe + angry Wookiee = Happy Fun Time!

Gotta go with the vibroaxe. It completely stopped a bar brawl once - all my Wookiee did was chop a drunk Trandoshan in half with one swipe (a Str of 20 kind of helped). :wookiee:

Dalla Madine
6 May 2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Tossk
I have come across the best weapon ever. The cardboard Sith Sword!!!:D No problems with spaceport security, yet much more dangerous with the darkside FPs...;)

Good one Bro.!!! I voted for swords,axes,maces....those things. So yeah. Besides how could ya go wrong w/a sword......unless it has it's own mind. Then that's just BAD!

-Dalla Madine- :daala:

darthclancy
6 May 2003, 10:31 PM
Well, it's a tough choice but I do a lot of stealth infiltration missions so though it sounds bad comapred to blasters I'd have to pick the silenced Czerka Arms SH-9 slugthrower. Nearly silenced and deadly, perfect for stealth cheap and relatively light. If not being stealthy you've got to go nuts for the trusty old Verpine Shatter Gun.

E.D.

wolverine
7 May 2003, 07:33 AM
darthclancy, that is a ranged weapon. This poll is for melee. But there is a ranged weapon poll if u still wish to vote for slugthrowers..

darthclancy
7 May 2003, 07:51 AM
my don't i feel dumb, I guess staying up late on the forums isn't too good for your reading skills, I should've noticed Melee.
well then I'd have to vote for slice wire\garotte.
E.D.

Jake Sunspot
12 May 2003, 02:13 PM
I'm going with the single bladed lightsaber. I'm a big fan of the Jengardin Double bladed Vibroblade out of Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (D6), but a lightsaber could chop right through one and then its owner.

Kayle Skolaris
12 May 2003, 05:05 PM
Get yourself a permissive GM and enough cash to buy twenty Jengardin Double-Bladers... Then ask your GM to let you get a molecularly bonded one. This will increase the strength code of the double-blader by a factor of 5 and make it resistant, if not immune to, lightsabre strikes. A powerful enough force user can still cleave right through it, but for most opponents it'll be able to hold its own.

Darth Fury
12 May 2003, 06:39 PM
Ithink that lightsabers in general are the most devasting weapons in the starwars universe:D :D