PDA

View Full Version : IAoP OOC Thread

Form1
22 November 2001, 06:02 PM
*has officially started the ball rolling*

:D

I'll be posting some seed material soon...

Dave

Grimace
22 November 2001, 10:07 PM
Okay, going on the premise of what we were working on before, I'll at least include some reference to my character, Grim.

He's a self motivated corporate owner. The businesses that he owns/operates include: droid construction/repair, Private transport shipyards, intergalactic communications, and sanitation maintenance. With these businesses, he's monetarily very well off, but that's not where his power lies. He carefully places people of his own choosing into positions of power. With these people, who are loyal to him, he is able to broadcast his power to areas where people wouldn't normally expect it.

He uses hidden video and microphone monitors to essentially eavesdrop on all varieties of people, and uses this information however he feels necessary. Sometimes he even stoops to a sort of blackmail if he finds the need to do so, but for the most part he sells the information to further his private bank account. For the most part, though, he's content to bring in the normal income from the multiple businesses he runs, and uses the information he gains to position himself into places of opportunity. His ultimate goal is to eventually secure a sector of space to own without having to deal with rules of any outside governing body.

Grim also has a fairly unique "gift", which is a sort of farseeing, or telepathic forecasting. He doesn't view it as any aspect of the Force, even though that's what it is, and since the power is strictly passive in it's ability, he doesn't attract the attention of anyone who may dislike his gift. He must be calm, and fairly at peace in order to use this ability, and while he is in his "trance", he is fairly helpless and oblivious to events happening around him.

So that's the basis of my character. I'll wait until I see some more of Form1's stuff before I post more.

Form1
23 November 2001, 06:09 PM
I'll include some information here about one of my main characters' from last time around, Morden. (I'd post more right now, but I'm sick and don't feel like it. ;) )

Morden is a titular name, passed down on to each of the leaders of House Morden, one of the Houses Major of a small star-empire on the outer rim by the name of Zeon. House Morden was intricately involved in the fierce infighting that occured when the Houses Major went up against the central government that attempted to usurp them. House Morden was the second to be attacked, after the more outspoken House Kali was nearly destroyed. When the time came, House Morden's leadership was decimated; ironically, most of those who were killed had little or nothing to do with the fighting, as the bulk of those involved were the younger, up-and-coming crowd as opposed to the old, conservative generation.

The highest ranking, most respected individual left was a young man by the name of Kaial Jonn, who then became the next Morden of House Morden. Under his leadership, and with the help of the remaining House Kali underground, control of the government was restored to the feudal lords of the remaining Houses Major, but the people and the land were in a tattered shambles, victims of the bloody war of their "leaders".

That was fifteen years ago. Morden is now a middle aged businessman, married, with a daughter and a son. Zeon's economy has recovered somewhat, partly due to Morden and the other House leaders, but it is still a pale shadow of it's former strength. Most of the House leaders have their wealth in other places, such as Coruscant, Ryloth, various spots in the Corporate Sector, and other, more profitable locations.

Dave

Lokar
25 November 2001, 02:23 PM
Uh hi, maybe a odd question, but what is the Iron Alliance of Pants about?

Form1
25 November 2001, 03:43 PM
Good question. The IAoP is a (relatively) serious group about a alternate Star Wars universe. (At the very least, a "modified' one, heh.) It's more of a story, really, and hopefully an epic.

(We changed the name to the "Iron Alliance of Power", which is the name of one of the groups in game.)

Dave

Bas
29 November 2001, 05:42 PM
I don't suppose you could summarize the plot thus far? Or will I recieve a resounding response of "Read the thread yourself you-lazy-bastard"?:p

Grimace
29 November 2001, 08:58 PM
Well, I think the plot largely depends on whether we're going to pick up where we left off, or start anew.

So far:

An evil, commonly referred to as the "sludge" is beginning to creep through the galaxy, mutating and changing life forms into beings of evil intent and nature. The beings, also called "sludge" are varients of what they are made from, but since the sludge seems to exhume an intelligence, the mutations begin to include flying things, swimming things, and even space travelling things.

We, the characters, aren't sure how the sludge is formed, how it mutates, or what exactly it wants (other than to kill all life). We have discovered that it is spreading, moving towards the central population areas of the galaxy (the more life to kill). We, the characters, feel that if we can catch it while it's still in its "infancy", we can defeat it. The problem is, the sludge eventually mutates, becoming stronger after each time it's defeated. It's not instantaneous like the borg, but more of an "ingrown" sort of thing. As new mutations happen, they become better killing machines, or better at whatever they do.

My character was dispatched to find something called the Sludginator, a device that could supposedly be used to destroy the sludge in whatever form it takes...no matter how powerful. However, the sludge know about this thing too, and are also moving to acquire it.

All in all, the whole thing is a work in progress, and Form1 and I were trying to figure out a couple of things before actually starting (or starting again).

As he said, it's more of a "serious" in-character roleplaying. No hilarity like the Sporkers, just regular roleplaying. We're doing a "work together against a common enemy" sort of thing.

Hope this gives you an idea. Overall, though, it would be a good idea to at least gloss over the story for a better idea. (Honestly, it's been an age since I've played it, so I could have goofed on a couple of things.)

Bas
30 November 2001, 07:27 PM
A serious RPG, eh? sounds good to me... I'll join whenever you restart it.

Lokar
1 December 2001, 07:01 PM
It would be intresting to see a serious RPG here. Good to some varity from the hurmor of OotS, and the general al around wackyness of NNTBS (my still all time personal favorite :D ). Best of luck, let me know if you need a intel op.

Form1
2 December 2001, 04:58 AM
Sounds great. :) Anyone's welcome to join, of course.

Grimace: I'm not real picky. We are probably better of restarting, as it's been a long tiem since last time around, and a good portion of the players are no longer around. What's your opinion?

Anyway, we should get some stats for some of the various Sludge breeds together.

Dave

Grimace
2 December 2001, 01:20 PM
Well, with the slight change of name (IAOP is Iron Alliance of Power) and the fact (as you pointed out, Form1) that more than half of the players aren't around anymore, I agree that we start over.

Fresh start, work from the beginning.

Bas, you now know what the premised of the story is, you have a character in mind? I'm assuming we'll be starting soon? Form1, would you like to start things out...kinda set the tempo and introduce the Sludginator and maybe a historical and geographical (as in galaxy location) sort of reference? We'll pick up from your lead.

She's all yours to start, baby!! :D

Grimace
3 December 2001, 08:19 PM
Okay, Form, a brief rundown of what I did. ;)

Since I used the idea of the sludge in a tabletop game of Star Wars I did a few months back, I stole an idea out of there.

A long forgotten race called the Tuggs (I'll describe them later) has a legend concerning the coming of the sludge. The character I introduced is a relative "nobody" who will either accidentally stumble across some clue or other such thing concerning the sludge.

Truth be told, I couldn't see a reason to bring in Grim yet...at least until the story focused a bit more.

Form1
4 December 2001, 04:50 AM
Certainly reasonable.

Anyone: Now's probably a good time to introduce any characters so we can weave them in. If you think you'd like to be involved, post something from your character's POV, and we'll work em in.

Dave

Grimace
4 December 2001, 10:38 PM
Hey, Form, do you want to post a little bit of "background" of what the story will be about, so that others might have an idea of what kind of characters to play and what we'll be fighting against? (For the sake of those that haven't read the old thread, that is)

Form1
7 December 2001, 05:59 PM
Sure. :)

*tries valiantly to remember the specifics*

Free Corellia is an post-revolution, post-Diktat Corellia, governed in a monarchy by Morden. (Exactly how he managed that is a story in and of itself, of course.) Something on the planet's surface is (will be, anyway, since we haven't met the sludge yet) attracting the Sludge to it.

The Sludge are very bad news. They are organic, in some ways - they are perhaps best described as a parody of life, that is, life corrupted. They are dark and malevolent, and they have some ability to utilize technology. Scattered records of the Sludge indicate that they were once defeated, sent back to wherever they came from, by the Zenrin, a race whose existance is only hinted at. It is believed the Zenrin inhabited some part of the outer rim.

I'll post some more background material soon - I'm trying to remember what parts we actually used...

(btw, hello, Scourgicus. Glad ta have ya onboard. ;) )

Dave

scourgicus
10 December 2001, 07:20 AM
Happy to be here. Looking forward to a scourging good time B)

jedibrass
12 December 2001, 02:16 PM
Hey, I'm in the other 2 RPG's here (Role Playing Groups :D) so why not this one. Hmmmm . . . now I'll have a character in a serious RPG, a character in a semi-silly RPG and a character in the most Insane, wacky and down-right funny RPG of all time. :D I'll post an IC post in a few minutes. But I want to know about the rest of the galaxy. what about the Empire and/or the New Republic and so forth? Anyway, that won't really matter, b/c me PC is a Free-Corellian. :D I look forward to RPing w/ the rest of y'all. :D

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

Grimace
12 December 2001, 05:04 PM
Sounds like a winner, jedibrass!

Hopefully Form will get posting a bit more and update what he remembers about the background. It was mostly his brainchild that created this whole idea.

As far as I know about the Empire/NR. I think there is an Imperial enclave of some sort. Moderately powerful, yet no where near what they were like during the original trilogy. The New Republic is the "big boys" in town, but what they are doing (or what they can do) against the sludge is unknown to me. I'd guess that most likely they know absolutely nothing about the sludge, and will be taken fairly by surprise.

This "openness" of the Empire not being omnipresent and the New Republic not being quite on their toes yet leads to the nice fact that we can have space fleets and stuff that can match/rival that of the Empire/NR. Or people could be involved in organizations/actions that wouldn't normally be allowed, as there isn't a hard and true galactic government quite yet.

If I'm totally off base on this, Form, please correct me.

Hope that gives you some ideas, jedibrass.

Welcome aboard!

jedibrass
13 December 2001, 05:22 PM
sorry folks, but due to that rotten bit of luck called homework, I won't have any decent time to post an IAoP post today (mainly b/c I need a bit more time to really finish fleshing out my character), but most likely I will tomorrow. see ya then

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

Form1
15 December 2001, 07:03 PM
Welcome aboard, Jedibrass. :) Sorry for not posting recently - I've been sick, and my computer just went down. I'm posting now from a relative's computer, but I don't have much time.

-Dave

scourgicus
14 January 2002, 12:04 PM
What's the word on how Sludge react to blaster fire? I'm assuming the baddy in Grim's posts is a Sludge...

Grimace
14 January 2002, 05:50 PM
Well, actually, the "baddie" in my post isn't a Sludge....it's a Tugg...the ancient race that is afraid of the Sludge and created the legend that tells of the end of all life if the Sludge is released and not stopped.

As far as how the Sludge reacts to blaster fire...well, it depends on the type of Sludge. Little, pesky, "eat you" type Sludge, about the size of a man will be slowed and may experience pain (even severe pain) by normal blaster fire. Concentrated fire can kill it or drive it off. Heavy blaster fire will kill it out right. (I'm talking E-Web).

Bigger, standing 10 feet plus, "rip you in half like a twig" type of Sludge takes massive blaster fire to even make it think that it might want to hesistate attacking. Vehicle weapons or a whole heap load of shooting (can you say 20 guys going through a full e-pack or two) can drive off/kill the thing, and explosives will do pretty good damage to it.

Flying Sludge (non space faring) is about like the little sludge. Space faring sludge, depending on size, can take a little to kill it, or a heap load!

All in all, though, the Sludge isn't around yet. Something Berthal (the character that I'm working on now) did will cause the beginning of the bad things. I'll try and get to that this week.

For the time being, this was just mainly a "build up the characters" sort of thing, to see who was going to play what type of character. The actual Sludge thing hasn't reared it's ugly head yet.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to fill in the gaps that I know while Form1 is absent from the story.

Saint
16 January 2002, 08:37 AM
Is it too late to join in on the fun?

Form1
16 January 2002, 08:50 AM
Nope, it certainly isn't. ;)

Dave

Saint
16 January 2002, 12:29 PM
What do I need to do? Can I just jump in on the story thread, or do I need to post some info first?

Kiniis
14 February 2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Saint
What do I need to do? Can I just jump in on the story thread, or do I need to post some info first?

Hey! Me, too! What do I need to do?

Kiniis

scourgicus
14 February 2002, 10:06 AM
Basically just join in. Write your character into the story. Have them hear a bit of new about the Tugg or get a datacard with directions to Gowche (or elsewhere the Sludge are coming). You can pretty much start anywhere...I imagine it won't be long before the Sludge make their presence known.

PS - I'd invite you into my storyline but my ship's crowded as it :D

Saint
14 February 2002, 11:06 AM
Oh I don't know, I'm sure we could squeeze one more into that storage compartment. I'm sure Tolgon would LOVE that....

Grimace
14 February 2002, 05:07 PM
heh heh....

Welcome to whomever wants to add to the story. Sorry I've been lagging. I had problems getting access to the holonet for a while, but now it appears I can access it without problems. Now I just need to get my rear in gear and add to the story.

If you have any questions about the storyline....the direction of the story, the "bad guys" (sludge) or anything else, feel free to ask....I'll try to answer as best I can.

Bas, if you read this, please either PM me or email me, as I want to find out more about that "mysterious" character who has joined up with Berthal and Dreeker.

The rest of you...welcome to the story, and sorry it's been lagging... I and/or Form1 will hopefully get kickin' on the story so that all of you will know where you stand, so to speak. :)

scourgicus
18 February 2002, 12:27 PM
:D Oh I'm sure Tolgon would have many lovely things to say about it :D Just better hope everybody bathed....:p

Jastor
9 March 2002, 07:20 PM
this whole idea seems to be a rippoff of the movie "Evolution" :)

but ive seen far more worse introductions and ideas ^^

Grimace
10 March 2002, 11:52 AM
Well, considering that this whole idea came about well before the movie "Evolution" ever did, I don't think it's a ripoff.

Feel free to add to the story.

Jastor
16 March 2002, 04:56 AM
my misstake :) but still. you cant deny the similarities ^^

.. ive played this sort of RPG'ing before, but i prefer atleast some "in real time", irc, irl etc.

Sil7
22 March 2002, 11:00 AM
Can peolple still join this? I would like to try this, but I have never done anything like it before. Can one newbie join?

Sil 7

Grimace
22 March 2002, 12:00 PM
Sure, feel free to join in. Maybe if there are enough people (and that we post) we can get this story moving. :)

Sil7
22 March 2002, 02:23 PM
Thank you. I have never done this before, but I will do my best.

Sil7

Brithael
30 March 2002, 03:33 AM
My character, Dack, is an adventurous eighteen year old
not exactly strong, but dexterous and willling to help out
he comes from a forest world in the outer rim and is skilled at scouting around
his foster parents raised him

just tell me where i'll be coming in or if it's too late

Grimace
30 March 2002, 05:44 PM
Brithael, just feel free to plug yourself in wherever you feel your character fits. I'm trying to get back into the mood to post to the story...hopefully others will also. There's about 2 areas where a new person could get involved, or you could feel free to involve yourself in some other manner. If you want particulars, don't hesitate to ask or offer ideas. This is basically a story created by everyone, only the premise of it has been established.

Welcome aboard!

scourgicus
1 April 2002, 11:15 AM
Sorry to steal your thunder Saint. Here we go...

Saint
1 April 2002, 12:11 PM
No worries scourgicus. After SWRPGNetwork set up the new forums I couldn't get my account reactivated. I just today was able to get it fixed so I can actually post...

Send me a PM so we can compare notes for the next chapter...

scourgicus
26 April 2002, 09:35 AM
My post of 26 April 2002 is, as you can see, an unusual one. I have debated whether or not to include the names of the stances and moves used, but felt it was a fitting tip of the hat to practitioners of Kenjutsu (I believe we have several frequenting the Holonet). While I myself am not a martial artist I am deeply respectful of the students of the art. I hope this post will be received with the spirit of respect I wrote with.

My research for this post was greatly aided by one of my players (The Sleeper) who is a student of Aikido. The names come from Grand Master Shoto Tanemura’s video “Mastering the Samurai Sword”. As I sit here typing this I have a vague memory that Tanemura was a Ninjutsu master, and not Kenjutsu. Forgive me if I have mixed up the systems (I'm still learning). In either case, I hope this post is interesting and a least a little educational. Please note in the use of Tachi Tsuki that a true Samurai would only strike with the front 3 inches of the blade. One would never run an enemy through with a katana, no matter what you see in anime. But Machree is using a vibroblade and that is certainly acceptable. Also, one may need to suspend some disbelief that katana cuts could effectively be used with what is in essence, a short sword.

And no, Machree is not a Samurai. But he has obviously had some sword training...hmm...

I debated whether or not to use the “heading” style for this post, but decided it might be easier, at least for me, to keep the stances and moves more easily identified. If it is confusing or annoying I apologize.

Enjoy.

Grimace
26 April 2002, 05:07 PM
Interesting. Different, but interesting.

All in all, nice touch making your character "mortal" and having him get tagged. Even the greats can get caught by suprise.

Arakyd
5 September 2002, 06:16 AM
Are you still playing? I was enjoying the story. I hope you can get it started up again.:)

Grimace
5 September 2002, 07:28 AM
Sadly, I think most of the people that were playing don't frequent the site much anymore. I'm still around, but I get a sort of funny feeling when I play with myself. 8o

scourgicus
16 November 2002, 09:11 AM
::exits hs::

Just stopped by to see how things have been going. I've been pretty busy with other stuff, hence my absence. I'm sad to see the story kinda died. I wouldn't mind keeping it going but it seemed like only Grimace and I did any posting.

Anyhow, I willing to give it another shot. Thoughts, comments?

Grimace
16 November 2002, 10:25 AM
Hey Scourgicus! Long time no see!

I almost feel that if we could get a couple three or four other people interested, the thread could take off (for the third time) again. I guess it all boils down to whether or not your or I want to take the time to get people to play on this thread.

Or perhaps there are people who might stop in to see who's posting and might be interesting in joining? Action anyone? :raised:

Sil7
16 November 2002, 03:10 PM
Sirs,

I'm with you, if you'll have me. After reading and watching for a time, I think I am able to better participate.

Sil7

Grimace
16 November 2002, 03:14 PM
The more the better, Sil7. Welcome back. Well, that's three...

scourgicus
18 November 2002, 08:11 AM
I wonder if we could get Saint back in on this. Or maybe we should just KILL JARED. >:-)

Okay I'm kidding. So should we go with the thread that's already there? I can probably tie up the loose ends and keep my side of the story going, though I'm hoping to hook up with some other characters soon.

Thoughts, comments?

Grimace
18 November 2002, 06:34 PM
Well, I think it'll be up to those of us who will be playing. If we all think we can get back into the frame of mind to pick up where we were, then we can do that. If you'd all rather start anew, and maybe be a bit more cohesive, then we can do that. I don't have a preference one way or another, as I can see advantages and disadvantages to both.

Do you guys want a bit of a background (what small one I've got) on the bad guys, or do we want to work on a new storyline?

scourgicus
12 December 2002, 10:34 AM
I'm cool starting back where we left off.

Man has it been a month since I posted that last one? I've been busier than I thought...

Danan Valos
11 March 2003, 04:51 PM
This thread is a few months old, and I just stumbled across it. I am an experienced roleplayer, but new to this story. I was wondering if it would be possible to join. :sabersml:

Sil7
11 March 2003, 05:17 PM
As an old participant in the thread, it is fine with me if you wish to join! We have had quite a bit of downtime, and we were deciding where to start up again....

So if it is alright with everyone else, Welcome!

Sil7

PS: Sorry I was delinquent with my posting, if we decide to start again, I will either post regularly, or will not participate at all, depending on time constraints.

Grimace
11 March 2003, 05:32 PM
Well, methinks we'll have to start anew, considering the different people we have now (and how many fewer there are of us).

I will endeavor to create an intro to the story, so that people can read and get an idea of where they want to start and what type of character they want to be.

All in all, if people are interested, sound off now!

Sil7
11 March 2003, 07:04 PM
I am interested, though I will have to see about time constraints. I think I'll probably play a starfighter/gunslinger type character, a more fleshed out version of the Illian Marda you can find in the current thread.

I'm looking forward to what introduction you write, Grimace!

Sil7

Grimace
14 March 2003, 08:35 AM
Okay, I checked with dgswensen and he gave me a go-ahead, so I'm going to create a NEW IAOP thread and start the story again. Hopefully it'll be open enough that anyone who wishes can join in on the story.

So feel free to post...we're pretty free here. :D

Crin Daroota
15 March 2003, 08:49 AM
Could you guys use a scoundrely twi'lek in your adventures? If so, then Crin Daroota is your...erm...twi'lek :) Let me know if I should just post something or wait for instructions, k?

Grimace
15 March 2003, 10:44 AM
You can just go ahead and post...there's no need to worry about getting anything "cleared".

Basically, for the story, I figure that the "Sludge" will expand outward from the planet they are on....to colonize star systems and beyond. It'll be up to the heroes to figure out how to stop it. The best source of how to defeat it would probably be to go to the research station and get the information, but since there's now millions of Sludge on the planet now, that's also the most assured in death.... hee hee.

So feel free to bring in your Twi'lek...we can use all the help we can get. :D

Crin Daroota
15 March 2003, 10:32 PM
Okay all, I just posted in the thread. I wasn't really sure how to join, since I was kinda batting lead-off. So please tell me if I did okay or I overstepped something I didn't know about or if I just plain screwed up :) Thanks!

Grimace
16 March 2003, 11:15 AM
Good lead off there, Crin Daroota. You didn't overstep anything at all.

IIRC, the only real "rules" that we kind of had for IAOP were these:

1. Don't get too outlandish...this is a less zany story compared to the Spork or some other threads. Humor can be injected, just not too much please.

2. Don't manipulate another person's character without consulting the other person first. For example, I shouldn't write into my story that something happened to your character until I checked with you first to make sure it's okay.

That's about all the rules we have.

So I think you did pretty darn good. You got your character involved, and made it interesting. Good start! :)

Sil7, are you going to post?

Crin Daroota
19 March 2003, 08:10 PM
Just we 2, Grimmy? Nobody else wants to play? :(

Grimace
19 March 2003, 08:18 PM
Well, Sil7 is busy at the moment, but sounds like he'll jump in when he gets the chance. As for others...we could probably get Form1 in as well, but he's away for the time being.

If anyone else is interested, just jump right in unless you want to clarify things before you start.

ij thompson
26 March 2003, 10:03 AM
Well, I took your invitation and jumped right in, Grimace!

If any of my post is out of line, just let me know... :)

ij thompson
26 March 2003, 10:22 AM
p.s: Here's a picture of the character, courtesy Star Wars Galaxies (http://starwarsgalaxies.com):

Grimace
27 March 2003, 05:33 PM
Sorry for the delay in my response....

Good to have you aboard, IJ!

ij thompson
27 March 2003, 05:37 PM
Hey!

Was a little worried y'all didn't want me! :(

Looking forward to seeing where this leads...:D

Crin Daroota
27 March 2003, 07:52 PM
Hey IJ, glad you decided to play with us after all :) I've been busy the past two days. Yesterday I was GMing and tonight playing :D Hopefully tomorrow I'll find time to post to the thread.

ij thompson
27 March 2003, 07:56 PM
Busy guy!

You talkin' tabletop, or online?

Crin Daroota
28 March 2003, 09:06 AM
Tabletop, for both :)

ij thompson
29 March 2003, 09:15 AM
Hey, this message is just a shoutout to anybody who might be toying with the idea of joining an online rpg:

IAOP - The Creation of Destruction is just starting out, and I'd highly recommend it. I wasn't sure about joining one of these myself, but I'm having a great time!

It's pure text, so you don't have to worry about dice rolling, skills, experience, or anything like that. Just think up a great character, and come dive in. I'd say there's room for almost any type of character!

If you'd like to read the thread so far (and it is just beginning), it's right HERE (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=11776).

Hope to see you there!

ij thompson
29 March 2003, 12:05 PM
I just thought I'd give a little rundown on 'Rocky', Dara Shaku's robot, so that nobody thinks I've got anything up my sleeve!

Rocky is a battered RKB-02 'RockBot' Musician's Assistant droid. Like a musical version of a protocol droid, he is familiar with the musical styles of many cultures and species, and can simulate the sound of scores of different instruments. The droid has its own, small, onboard speakers, but can be plugged into most sound systems (and even many communications systems) when greater sound reinforcement is required. The droid cannot speak basic, but gets its point across with various melodies and tones.

Rocky is 0.5 meters tall, with a domed head and a body like a squat, inverted cone whose point has been shaved off. He has a flight ceiling of about 10 meters, and no combat capability.

One more useful feature is the droid's small storage compartment, which Rocky will open for Dara, and no one else (it would be extremely difficult to reprogram the droid to change its mind on this). Inside this compartment Dara keeps her credit pouch while she's sleeping, her heavy blaster pistol, and the occasional pouch of spice. ;)

Crin Daroota
4 April 2003, 11:24 AM
Okay, phew! Two posts, a lot of typing and much fun later, I've got the Miner's Dream where I want it for the moment. Feel free to jump in if anyone out there is listening. Hellooo...Hellooo....echoooo...echooo...

Anyway there's some spots to fill if new guys want to jump in. Merc Z-95s, Alayre Minor forces, another trade ship or private citizen who stumbles into the fray, whatever. IJ, I think you're all set up to do some cool stuff too, no?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 April 2003, 01:17 PM
Anyone? Hmmm... sorta tempted... I've got some left over characters from the Time of Turmoil rpg game that sorta upped and died some 4 - 5 months ago, and I did have some of those chars swagged up (in the days before the actual swag site), which i'd hate to let go to waste..

I've got for a crew:

Fon Dinoa: Gungan male, 30'ish, captain... I'm thinking a Noble class, entrepreneur type - dealer / trader...he does have a ship of his own, an older ship, the Crimson Tortoise. Fon's Pic: (http://www.members.shaw.ca/tiger.jadesfire/iaop/Fon%20Dinoa%20-GA.JPG)

Crimson Tortoise: as old as a Ghtroc or yt-1300.... a large corellian X-9000 transport (modified Republic Diplomatic Cruiser), modified for speed, luxury and defense. It still has its original Red & white striped paint job of a Diplomatic cruiser, however it has concealed weaponry on par with its Jurisdictional bretherin. The front pod has been converted into a cargo pod.

Sieana Kala'myr: Bothan female, mechanic & tech specialist. Black fur with orange highlights, Pic: (http://swagonline.net/pics/431.jpg)

Jawa Twins: Nuuti and Zuuti... as for personality, think Alvin & Simon from the Chipmunks :D

Droids:
- An R2 "Sparky" unit that belongs to the bothan
- A Verpine J9 worker "Bugsy" / Protocol droid that belongs to the gungan Pic: Bugsy (http://swagonline.net/pics/158.jpg)
- A built in-dash R4 unit (dome), salvaged from a jedi fighter...

They're a civilian merchant type crew, who's dabbled in all sorts of areas to make business and financial ends meet. That would include from high class courier to luxury passenger ferrying to smuggling, probably one of their most sucessful routines yet - runing dual operations, one as cover for the other.

Lesse if i got the details right and understand the situation... one heavily damaged corellian corvette from Alayre Minor being attacked by: one marauder corvette with half sheilds remaining, a Cruzan Battlecruiser with several cloakshape fighters and one yt-1300 who lured the corvette in the first place. Theres a corvette inbound with re-inforcements, and possibly some z-95 mercs...
and one Miner's Dream caught in the middle of it...

Crin Daroota
4 April 2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar & Raven:
Lesse if i got the details right and understand the situation... one heavily damaged corellian corvette from Alayre Minor being attacked by: one marauder corvette with half sheilds remaining, a Cruzan Battlecruiser with several cloakshape fighters and one yt-1300 who lured the corvette in the first place. Theres a corvette inbound with re-inforcements, and possibly some z-95 mercs...

Never tell me the odds! hehe :) Yup you got it, and as you can see we're a bit outnumbered until the reinforcements (another Corellian corvette and 2 small patrol ships) arrive. For now it's the Miner's Dream and the 2 mercs, and that's about it. *gulp* So feel free to join, Gods of Ryloth know we could use the help! ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 April 2003, 02:20 PM
Lemme whip up a pic of the tortoise, got an aproximate drawing of one, with emplacements extended.. in a few min i'll have a pic posted of it :)

The republic Judicial cruiser (armed version of the diplomatic cruiser) had 5 turbolasers... well, this modification is of my own design =)

Crin Daroota
4 April 2003, 03:20 PM
Can't wait to see it, the other pics are already too cool. Especially that J9 droid! B)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 April 2003, 05:17 PM
Alright... here's your average Diplomatic cruiser / Judicial Cruiser (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=1032)

Now, here's my modified Crimson Tortoise (http://members.shaw.ca/tiger.jadesfire/iaop/canon.gif)

The scales may be a tad off, not exactly proportionate to size, but i figure its close enough... The canon barrels slink inside the housing, then the turret slides back down the wells and doors close shut, totally hiding any evidence of weaponry.

The Turret controls are their own seperate cabins next to the turret wells. Each turret control cabin has an astromech plugged into a feed box between the turret housing and the swivel chair thats equiped with joystick controls and a holo-projector to the side of the headrest. The user gets a 3d heads-up display infront of him with an aiming reticle as well as targeting / tracking infortmation, which is all computed by the astromech. Only the turret wells are exposed to vacuum, seperate from the cabin. Targeting sensor and visual information is in part provided by the several converted former cominication array dishes.

There are 8 mini control cabins, one for each turret, however, as little as two operators can pair up to 4 of the turrets each for 'quasi-turret' firing... As noted, the efficiency and acuracy of canon utilization is dependant both on the operator's skill, and when at least 4 control cabins are in use. Most optimal conditions are when theres an operator per turret, allowing maximum independant targeting.

Weaknesses: When all 8 turrets are in use, the ship's mechanic needs to be in the engine room to carefuly moniter and balance the core's output & distribution. Theres also a fair degree of chance that something can go awry, some systems getting robbed of power, and others overloading. Also, with all 8 turrests in use for prolonged usage of them severely taxes the ship's core, which can either result in emergency shutdown or core overload. Thats the risk of implementing the number of turrets and a custom cobled power management system. =)

And yup, i've got d20 stats for this beastie. They're regular lasers, not turbos. and theres also an additional pop-down chin turret under the nose of the ship. There are no missle or torp launchers. :)

Crin Daroota
4 April 2003, 06:02 PM
Cool ship. Can't wait to see it in action, so to speak. Now come bail this poor twi'lek out! :D

coldskier0320
7 April 2003, 04:10 AM
Made my first post, tell me what y'all think, good idea?

Crymoon
7 April 2003, 04:36 AM
For a person looking at it from outside... another post that I will never write... :( too good.... But seriously a well written long post with many facts about your character and giving some in depth info for others to play.
But I have one but.. Very difficult to read as it is all formed into one block of text.
But otherwise ,if my opinion matters, a great begining...
Even If I won't play - I love to read it...!

Crin Daroota
7 April 2003, 09:52 AM
Well done, coldskier0320 , well done indeed. Glad to have you on board. The only nit I would pick is the same as Crymoon which is spacing would help a bit. BUT don't let me interfere with your writing style, everyone's is different and if you like writing that way, don't listen to us :) Glad you could come and play after all.

As for Crymoon , I see no reason why you shouldn't play as well, especially considering how much interest you show in this thread. A piece of advice: If you're not sure about writing big long posts and keeping them interesting, try little ones! It's easier that way and you can look over it a bunch of times much more easily to correct things and add descriptions and nuances, etc. I always go over my posts at least once to spell-check and tweak them. I love that Preview feature! ;) Another piece of advice is, if you want to keep it short and simple, it should probably just be one character. One of the reasons my posts are so long is that I have to say what a 6-man crew is doing through Crin's eyes. If it was just one in a fighter, there wouldn't be nearly so much to write. But then, Frit might not be working out, and my original hope was to pick up more crew who would post individually, like IJ's Dara. If anyone wants to join the crew of the Miner's Dream , email me at MJDerrickson@aol.com and we can work out how that'll happen. That goes for you, too, Crymoon , if you're interested.

coldskier0320
7 April 2003, 10:09 AM
Sorry 'boot that, I typed it ahead of time on word and it looked right on there. Next time I'll Put an extra space into the area between paragraphs:)

Grimace
7 April 2003, 11:42 AM
I edited your post, coldskier, I hope you don't mind. I put in the spaces so it was easier to read, as I started getting a headache trying to follow the lines.

I've found in the past that Word processing programs don't directly format to the Holonet as they look in the program. It looks nice when you cut and paste it, but it doesn't come out that way when you actually post. So, yes, putting an extra space in between paragraphs will help immensely.

Good intro...welcome to the game! :)

coldskier0320
7 April 2003, 04:13 PM
Why thank ya, Grim. I hope this post is better:D

Crin Daroota
7 April 2003, 06:18 PM
Good post, again, coldskier0320! This is starting to get really good! Oh and good thinking about the particle shielding being down for boarding, I hadn't thought of that :)

Now, let's see if I can keep the excitement going...

Grimace
7 April 2003, 08:24 PM
Okay, since a couple of people have asked, I figured I'd take a little bit of time to explain the way this "game" works.

First off, there isn't really a game master in this game. I've been involved in the game since the very beginning, and while the story isn't quite like it used to be, it's very similar. So, generally speaking, if you have a question, you can ask me and I'll try to help you out.

Second, you make your own character or characters. We're not using any sort of system, so if you've got stats for your character, you can just keep that to yourself or (if people ask you for it) you can get the stats of other characters from the players of those characters. As a rule, though, you don't NEED stats for your character, but a good idea of what the character is like is probably a good thing to have. You don't have to play more than one character if you don't feel comfortable with that. Sometimes playing more than one character can dilute or confuse a person, so don't feel you need to have a hoard of characters running around.

Third, there's no established way to "win" this game...I basically left the way to defeat the Sludge as open ended. Also, they don't have to be the ONLY bad guy (as evidenced by the really cool space battle that's taking place), but the overall scope of the game should eventually bring things back to the main plot...which is the Sludge.

Fourth, you have total control over your character and the events revolving around that character. So you decide when he/she/it gets shot, or shoots something else...UNLESS you work in conjunction with another player and they give you permission to use their character. So basically, don't do anything to another person's character that you wouldn't want them doing to yours. No touchy. :P

Fifth, you don't have to post books when you post. If you can only come up with a short paragraph, that's fine. Realize, however, that the game is going to be moving, so if you go for a while without posting, your character might be left behind somewhere. There's no set amount of time that you should post per day or week, but generally a post or two a week is a good level. Don't think that this should limit you, though. If you're on a roll, and others are posting, run with it!

Finally, have fun. This is basically writing a story with your (and everyone else's) character in it. This isn't a contest to see who has the coolest character, or anything, so don't get bent out of shape if someone comes in with a super slick character. Let them run that character, you run yours, and hopefully we can all keep things balanced and fun.

Occasionally I'll post some "happening elsewhere" story developments. I may even introduce some characters in those. These story developments will hopefully provide some food for thought for anyone who may be suffering from writer's block. Heck, it may even give you (or any newcomers) some areas to create new characters and come aboard!

So have fun, treat other player's characters with respect, and try to keep things interesting. I'm excited to see the new faces, and the story's coming along GREAT! :D

Crymoon
7 April 2003, 10:43 PM
Thanx Crin Daroota for your help... that was of info that I needed.. and some ideas that lit the spark in my head...

Let me tell you all about the idea of my character and one of ideas I have for joining in:

The channel was severed. Crin stole another glance at the Corellian Corvette out Dara's gun window to see the forward viewport blow out. Fire quickly expanded and retreated in a spectacular flash, then all that could be seen were small objects...bodies...and Crin knew one of them had to be Henf Doolag.
One of the other "bodies" is me, most time a scoundrel but due to lack of luck a pilot and a gunner, floating in the spacesuit which I managed to put on to escape from the wrackage but just as I exited the hatch to ship blew up and I was thrown with other dead bodies into the big, deep, black and cold space... will somebody rescue me?

is it good or should I change anything... am open to any suggestions..

Crin Daroota
7 April 2003, 10:56 PM
Sounds very cool, Crymoon , good idea. The only thing I would add would be a comlink so you can scream for someone to help and come pick you up :) And in the spirit of credit where credit's due, you probably meant to thank Grimace for that massive post he just put up. (bonk me if I'm wrong) As usual Grimmy said eloquently what I've tried to say in fits and starts ;)

As for your character it sounds good to me. I have too many questions, mostly things like species/gender/loyalties, but I'm sure all that will be answered when you get around to posting. And of course, glad to see you decided to play! Welcome aboard. Try not to sit on the big purple chair. That's Grimace.

:twilek: is me (though green) and :niennunb: is Captain Rullb and :rodian: is Heeno the navigator and that's all I can find that look like us :D

Oh and if you want to be picked up by a specific ship, it might be a good idea to let us all know, here, so we don't mess up your plans. If you don't care, whoever says so (posts) first will give ya a lift.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 April 2003, 11:19 PM
looks like yer beatin me to the punch Crin :p

got msn, aim, icq or yahoo messenger? i'll be up for a while if you have any of those :) ...

Crymoon
8 April 2003, 03:29 AM
Just posted my first PbP post and need imput... the more the better... gotta learn fast to catch up with you...

coldskier0320
8 April 2003, 03:42 AM
Nice post. I think I like the character idea...cocky with a self-preservation streak...good combination.;)

By the way, does anyone have a pic of a Cruzan battlecruiser? I figured if it was pulling in a CEC corvette it hadta be pretty dang big. Also, i know Crin is liking my posts, does anyone have any complaints, im new to this and i dont want to crimp anyone's style.

Grimace
8 April 2003, 07:44 AM
I think you're doing great, coldskier! I'm not even involved with the space battle, but I must say that I'm really enjoying the way it's shaping up. Good descriptions all around.

I haven't seen anyone do anything that's not kosher, so I think you've all got a good idea on how this stuff works.

Good intro for you too, Crymoon. Welcome aboard.:)

Crin Daroota
8 April 2003, 09:10 AM
Good post, there, Crymoon , I really enjoyed it. Especially the numbered smiles and their descriptions. Those were great!

As for advice, it helps to make new paragraphs whenever anyone new speaks. Like this:

Jeremy rounded the corner, gun ready, to see twelve stormtroopers blocking his path. "Oh, @^%#@!!!" he screamed, popping off a shot and running back.

"Blast him," came the mechanicized voice of the stormtrooper commander.

"Aye, sir" the others yelled in unison, bringing their guns up just as Jeremy fled.

"R4, get those engines ready," Jeremy yelled into his comm, stopping to shoot backwards a few times before continuing his race. "We're outta here!"

It may lengthen the post a bit, but it helps keep things clear as to who is talking.

And just a technical note, for everyone's benefit, the word is "klaxons" (shipboard alarms, usually repeating the same sound over and over, speeds and sounds vary from ship to ship) and it's usually used in conjunction with words liked "sounded, hooted, bayed, blared, etc. aaawOOOOO, aaawOOOOO, aaawOOOOO

As far as a pic of a Cruzan battlecruiser, there's probably no pic since I just made it up (and if there is such a thing already, I'm scared). But just for fun's sake let's say it's a big, long rectangle with Calamari-cruiser type "wings" on both sides, with a forward section that is shaped like the Falcon's cockpit, but a whole lot bigger. Its underbelly would be flat, then, the forward part having a pair of turrets in front of the massive hangar/cargo/docking bay that the pirates use for capturing vessels. The bay could handle the Corvette with ease, the ship is a little bigger than a Victory Star Destroyer, smaller than an Imperial Star Destroyer. Forward- and rear-facing areas of the ship (including the leading and trailing edges of the "wings") are dotted with the kind of turbolasers from the original Death Star, the inside ones that require 3 or 4 crew to man them, and the side-facing areas of the ship are filled with small, single-gun anti-starfighter batteries. How's that sound?

So far so very good everyone! This is really picking up steam. And very fun, too!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 April 2003, 02:42 PM
And just a technical note, for everyone's benefit, the word is "klaxons"

Doh! thats what meant to type Crin ;) my mistake as i was hurrying up to finish the post as it was getting late. I think it took the longest to check back in the 4 posts above me as i typed to keep the details straight.

Crymoon, that was a really good post, being your very first ingame one! Aside from blending in everyone talking in one paragraph, it really flowed smooth - from your intro to the character interactions.

Nice work with Sieanna btw! Going from just a simple basic character outline i tossed you in the pm, you took it from there and modeled her superbly well :)

Crymoon
8 April 2003, 10:26 PM
Thanx guys for the praise and I hope will do even better next time... I gotta build my english vocabulary... Gotta read SW in English again... will be fun to remind myself again what I read those few years ago when I first bought The Courtship...

thanx Crin Daroota ... will do so... And thanx for telling that Cruzan Battelship is your creation... searched the web yesterday for it and was damn unhappy that I didn't find anything about it... :D

Yeah and one last thing connected to klaxons... If you find any errors in my posts as wrong words used... or some other things that I could improved from a lingistic point of view let me know...

And let us kick some pirate asses this time.. (hmm though Crymoon is a pirate interesting dualism again... :D )

ij thompson
9 April 2003, 02:07 PM
Hey dudes!

Just wanted to say - sorry I've been largely incommunicado lately; my son gave me a wicked-bad cold, and it's about all I can do to crawl over to the computer and check for updates. But I am reading everything, and should be back in posting shape (hopefully) soon.

In the meantime, welcome to the new members - great stuff! :D

Crin Daroota
9 April 2003, 09:47 PM
Whew! Glad to hear from ya, IJ! I was trying my danged-est not to play your character too much, but it's hard not to say "Dara shoots once in a while" when there's a friggin battle raging :) Hopefully you can fill us in on what she did at some point hehe ;) Get well soon.

coldskier0320
10 April 2003, 04:10 AM
Ahhh, stang! Stupid me, i posted, THEN read what came before! *mutters idiot....idiot....idiot to self* ok, well, all is not lost, ill put up another post outlining mine and Eryn's reactions to the new help.

Also, if someone wants to jump in and take Eryn, go ahead, i was just gonna talk about her for a little, then maybe take her on like Crin with the crew of the Dream but if someone wants her, speak now:D

Crin Daroota
10 April 2003, 07:31 AM
Good post, but....it's just a little hard to accept the parts of it that somewhat run over stuff already written. I guess you already learned your lesson there, eh? :) Otherwise not bad at all. Hopefully you can post again soon to bring your 2 "up to speed" with the goings-on you hadn't read hehe ;) Oh and if you want Eryn, that's fine by me. I more or less had the Z-95s out there for people who wanted to join the thread, but nobody took me up on that. If anyone wants to come in at this point, they can still do what you guys did and just write their own way in. Besides, I never said there weren't more surviving Z-95s out there, damaged but trying desperately to repair themselves. I left that particular point conveniently open, on purpose :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 April 2003, 09:29 AM
Ya know, the edit button should still work after a day's post in this area of the holonets.... Now, when the edit button expires or if this were a forum without edit buttons, then it'd be a problem ;)

Looks like it's my turn to post...

coldskier0320
10 April 2003, 09:59 AM
Well itd be kinda hard to seamlessly edit in parts of Crin's story. I'm just gonna type up another entry with those events in it and post early tommorow;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 April 2003, 11:50 AM
I just refer to or paraphrase best i can, coldskier. anything more detailed and it becomes an entire post initself :P

And hey, bear with me, i'm making an effort to speak better gunganese here. I tried once in an earlier game and gave up on it, I just need to get the hang of it ;)

Crin Daroota
10 April 2003, 01:24 PM
Terras, did I miss something? Who blew up the battlecruiser? Who rescued the Corvette? I left both of those things open, last I posted... I don't remember anyone taking it from there, yet.

The Space bombs were supposed to be nasty, but not disintegrate the ship in one fell swoop. ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 April 2003, 02:05 PM
doh! i thought thats what i read and asumed... with space bombs launched, and the bright flashes of light, will fix it asap :)

looks like a job for the edit button...

Now fixed!

Crin Daroota
10 April 2003, 02:27 PM
I'd say it probably has a Falcon-sized hole in its aft section about now :) Thanks for the fix. I guess it was partly my fault too since I didn't specify. Err uhh meesa sowwy, there I said it. :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 April 2003, 12:32 AM
Hey Crymoon, yer definately getting the hang of it now ;) each post is really improving!

Nice work in the gun turrets btw, err. Good shot turret 2! :p

Crymoon
11 April 2003, 12:48 AM
Thanx but i'm still not happy with that... :) gotta improve more... MORE....

O sith... It's friday.. so my sith awakens... drat... gotta learn control...

I like that way of playing it's fun and I think it will my GM better... I always forgot about nice descriptions...

And guys about my character... hmm... I believe he is force sensitive if anyone wants to add it to their posts anyway... He doesn't yet know it himself... But will learn.. Am wating for the proper moment...

Crymoon
11 April 2003, 03:59 AM
Nice post cold
I'm just beging to like Imperials... :)
hmmmm... will have to do sth against that tendency... :D

WHat's up with Jaded Angel?

coldskier0320
11 April 2003, 07:03 AM
Thanks man, ive liked imps for awhile (ISB is awesome)

And as far as Jaded Angel, please post in the JA OOC thread and i dont have any online time at home so its going slow for awhile, but im gonna try to post later today (at school, which makes it interesting....);)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 April 2003, 09:54 AM
Well, i'll be off til sometime on sunday. I think it's been a good week's worth of posting, the game really has picked up.

I dunno what the weekend fares, if anyone's gonna trudge through or all slack off. Til then, have a good one!

Crin Daroota
11 April 2003, 12:36 PM
Well, who's up for a victory feast, awards ceremony and cash prizes before we go off to find the sludge? :D

Crymoon
13 April 2003, 10:17 PM
If you mean great awards, huge prizes and some modearet feast then I'm your man... ME... me.... Oh, well you can take him too...:D

Let's go all and celebrate...

Hey and what do we celebrate anyway?

Grimace
14 April 2003, 08:54 PM
Hey all, I figured I'd best let everyone know...in plain words... what I basically set down in my last post in the story.

Basically, any attempts to reach the Honoosch system (which is the easiest jump-off point to the system where the Sludge is) will be officially blocked by the Alayre Minor forces...warning travellers that travel to Honoosch is restricted.

Most travellers with common sense will follow the restrictions and stay away. Some will probably attempt and be apprehended by the couple of Alayre Minor ships roving the jump points to Honoosch. "Good" or gutsy travellers will be able to find a way to Honoosch without getting stopped, but a whole new bag of worms will be opened up there.

Just realize that with the system being quarantined, anyone who travels there will be in breach of quarantine and fined or quarantined themselves when they return. ;)

Of course, if you all figure out a way to get there without going through the front door, more power to you.

Just remember, Honoosch is now taken over by the Sludge, and evil brewings are already afoot. Who knows what is happening on the "home planet" of the Sludge in the Ylmard system. :raised:

Hopefully this helps you all in formulating other ideas. Any questions, just ask.

Crymoon
14 April 2003, 10:20 PM
How extra huge is the quaratine breaking fine?
Maybe we'll just buy ourselves a ticket in that direction :D
"two quaratine fines for me and my friends":D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 April 2003, 06:58 PM
Whoa, its wed already... where did the time fly, or better asked, who stole it?

yeah, i'm back, having been out longer than i expected... i'll get to work asap.

Crin Daroota
16 April 2003, 09:11 PM
Yes, I too have been guilty of being busy lately. Though considering much of "busy" concerns playing SWRPG, I don't feel so guilty :D

Crymoon
17 April 2003, 06:38 AM
Somebody pls post anything in IC thread... pllllleeeeaaaassssseeee..... :)

Hope everyone is alright...
haven't seen a post in IC thread for 3 days ro so...
hmmm....
Maybe my sith killed them all...
will search for bodies...:maul:

coldskier0320
17 April 2003, 07:00 AM
I know whatya mean. I'm kinda at a standstill, i dont know where everyone wants to go with this, i might cook up something in the next few days but if i do, you wont see it till monday (easter ill be away). If you wanna post, by all means, go ahead, but im gathering that you want something to go off of.

Crymoon
17 April 2003, 07:07 AM
I'll wait for somebody to post.... The whole fun of writing this story or playing PbP for me lies in the interaction of few writers.
I don't want to write a book... just have fun... And though I'm very eager to see what happens next.. I will wait patiently...

It is as if you were watching a very complex machinery with some sand in its wheels... it runs well but stops from time in a moments when you would expect for it to go faster... - as Lord Veterinari (or howerver the ruler of Ankh-Morpork is called) would put it. :)

Grimace
17 April 2003, 07:43 AM
Well, I'll post something in the next couple of days (most likely before the weekend), but I doubt I'll be able to forward the actions of all of you in the ships. If anything, it'll be another can of worms that I'll open up. :D

Crymoon
17 April 2003, 07:51 AM
Worms... ? Worms are good for the story... they propell it forwards... without problems how can we get better (I speak for characters) Make it a big can!

And hope Pandora is watching and will go blue from envy... :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 April 2003, 03:03 PM
There, the fates were kind to me today... finally posted... :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
20 April 2003, 11:35 PM
Whoa, time seems to be passing by like days in hyperspace transit :p

Crin Daroota
22 April 2003, 07:46 AM
Well, I finally got to post the setting. Crin's ball has officially begun to roll again :)

Crymoon
23 April 2003, 12:20 AM
You opened the sack of posts... :)....

you must post more often... :)

coldskier0320
23 April 2003, 03:04 AM
Got mine in!

Crymoon
23 April 2003, 03:08 AM
Yeah ana a new girlfriend you had too... NOw it will be one chair short there... :).... Jawas will have to sit on your lap... :D

coldskier0320
23 April 2003, 03:10 AM
LMAO! I jut wanna run more characters and that'll give me some interesing stuff to write about. Jawas...hmm...do they uh...that is to say...have they been uh...potty trained?:? :( :D ;)

Crymoon
23 April 2003, 03:12 AM
I hope so.... the speeder doesn't have toilet... drat will have to pay some extra if they can't hold it... :)

Crin Daroota
23 April 2003, 06:14 AM
Jeil can point them to the restroom marked "tiny aliens." :D Complete with toilets only 20cm above the floor.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 April 2003, 06:40 PM
nice to see the thread perked up... will try get in a post in the next few days... of course the thread picks up when i'm gonna be busy and not days before when i had all the time in the world :p

never fails eh?

i'll save the page to disk, xfer it to my lappy-top and work on it ...

btw, dont' worry about the jawas needing potty trianed... but someone might just find their shiny new vibrating comlink, er, missing :D

ya should worry more about their kleptomania regarding shiny technological devices... and tools. And many a spaceport they'd get into trouble sneaking of and with angry people hot on their heels running back to the ship, with goods in their hands.. :D

Crymoon
23 April 2003, 10:54 PM
"Yeah BTW where is my lightsaber...." :)
Searches around... looks and jawas menacingly...
Slaps himself hard...
"I'm no Jedi...":)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 April 2003, 06:11 PM
post is up, enjoy!

I told ya i'd get in a post pre-typed and posted in speedy time :)

Grimace
26 April 2003, 10:13 AM
Question for you all...since all groups are now present in the greeting hall:

Are one of you going to "speak" for the Alayre Minor leadership, or were you looking for someone else to do it? I didn't know if you guys had something in mind for what was going on...or whether you wanted it to be all improv.

Let me know.

Also, most of you may not know...I'm getting married on May 5, so my time is growing short as far as posting goes. If you would prefer me to run the Alayre Minor leadership, we've got to do it all before this next coming weekend. After that, I'm gone until the latter part of May. So let me know what you all have in mind for your awards/meeting.

Crin Daroota
26 April 2003, 11:08 AM
Congrats, Grimace ! I had no idea you were getting married at all, let alone so soon. How about I do the Alayre Minor gub'ment folk, so you can concentrate on more important real-life matters. If everyone's cool with that, of course. Or we could all just keep up the improv stuff and make our own stimuli as we go along. Considering that it's been progressing a bit slowly of late, I don't think it's in any of our best interests to have you solely play the Alayre Minor folk.

Well guys? Agree with me or no?

Crymoon
27 April 2003, 11:17 PM
Crin as far as I'm concerned you can impersonate the whole Alayre Gov and a few other goverments too if you want tomake it a BIG diplomatic event.. :) Just don't ride us into too deep troubles... :P

Congratulations Grimace. Wish you all the best. And have a nice honeymoon...:D

coldskier0320
28 April 2003, 03:34 AM
Yeah, echoing my peers, CONGRATULATIONS Grimace !!!!:D :D :D

Crymoon
28 April 2003, 08:01 AM
Guys I won't be online from 1st till 4th of May (my time) so feel free to use my character anyway you like... within reason:D

Crin Daroota
29 April 2003, 09:23 PM
Whew! The post (or book) is up. Hope that makes everyone happy! :) Let me know what you think, guys!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 April 2003, 10:40 PM
*applauds* Well done Crin!

Belated Congrats Grimace! see ya when ya get back!

Well, i'm home for a day or two.. i best bet typing, and not hold up anyone else possibly waiting on me ...

Crymoon
29 April 2003, 11:37 PM
Yeah great work Crin and although you set my Sith free... I must congartulate you on this book...:D

ANd BTW guys as I said I won't be online since today till MOnday so if anybody could play my character I'd appreciate it.. thanx guys..

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
30 April 2003, 01:53 AM
get crackin and start typin crymoon .. ya still got time :D

i think we can pace this right so the game gets evenly rolled out through the next few days, and it wont seem that it's been waiting on anyone ;)

coldskier0320
30 April 2003, 03:07 AM
One little minor pointer, Crymoon.;)

ANd BTW guys as I said I won't be online since today till MOnday so if anybody could play my character I'd appreciate it.

We all understood you perfectly, but for future reference that could be better rephrased: "I won't be online from today to monday..."

I think this is right.:? English profs out there, help me out.;D

Crymoon
30 April 2003, 03:14 AM
I don't know why I wrote "since"... must be my friday feeling... sorry....!!!! won't happen again..... so sorry.... :)

Drat so many typos in one post... must be my personal best... :D

coldskier0320
30 April 2003, 03:27 AM
Oh, its perfectly fine, i just thought id give you a tip. Im sure people who have grown up with english as their first language have made much more glaring errors, in fact, probably more:D I feel your friday feeling too!

Anyway, Crin, super, super work on the ceremony. Excellent. Terras i actually laughed out loud at your post:D

I'll post shortly, but i want it to be good. An imp spy with such attention should react...oddly...but im not sure where i wanna go with it yet. Hmmm....

Crin Daroota
30 April 2003, 05:40 AM
Thanks, guys. That was written late and I wasn't totally sure I had performed to my personal standards :)

I do enjoy writing the "scenery." Glad you all enjoyed it, too.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 May 2003, 11:14 PM
Just checking in while i'm home, as i'll be in and out again for the next few days :)

I'm guessing there's been exams, finals, and / or new semesters starting about this time of year... some of the other games have sorta slowed a bit too...

btw Crin, defenately nice work on the details!

Heya Crymoon, be glad it wasn't a monday for ya... we've an old saying up here - 'what happens on monday tends to happen all week' ... usually meant in the context of bills, goof-ups and whatnot... :P

Glad to have made you laugh Coldskier... Just hope the moniter didn't get christianed at the same time. :P

Crymoon
4 May 2003, 11:46 PM
Hiya Guys I'm backa! Feeling groovy!!! :D NOOOOT....!

It's monday in here and work begins... as usual after the weekend there is more work than days in a work week... drat... OK... let's play then...

Exams.... hmmm... I forgot about such things.... :)
and where are exams there are vacations :( I don't have any .... work sucks sometimes... :D

coldskier0320
5 May 2003, 03:35 AM
Yeah, word to that last about the tests. Thursday I had one, Friday three, and Saturday I took the SATs, yuk!:rolleyes:

Crin Daroota
5 May 2003, 06:01 AM
coldskier0320 , I guess we're just waiting on you to post and then I'll advance the ceremony some more if you guys are cool with that. Grimace is probably off getting hitched about now so I don't expect to see him soon, so we might as well play in the ceremony a bit more. IJThompson hasn't posted from Dara's eyes for a while. If you're out there, IJ , let us know what's going on with ya, and if you're still playing with us, ok? I didn't want to post for Dara at the ceremony, so she still needs to "pick up her check." ;)

You guys aren't the only ones who've been busy of late. Ugh. I moved out a few months back from my folks' place, and now they're moving, which means all that junk I was so glad to leave there in their basement & attic for the next few years has to come to my little apartment. And of course you can't go visit without moving their furniture here and there, too. My dad messed up his back so he waits on me for all the heavy labor...joy...I'm so exhausted :P But still up for some SWRPG tonight, and posting when I get the chance to. It might be a bit slower for me this week, but I'll still be around. :)

coldskier0320
5 May 2003, 06:27 AM
I know, and im sorry, ill try to post em up by either tonight or tommorow, i was trying to think up something really special but i cant think of anything really fitting, so im just gonna up and post when i get the chance.

Crymoon
5 May 2003, 07:00 AM
yeah... you busy guys... :D
I work for 10-12 hours a day recently, as the first quarter of the month is finished, and I need to make all the reports. Then I get home and clean as I moved into new flat that I painted and etc. and have to clean everything a few times a day.
:D

coldskier0320
5 May 2003, 07:57 AM
Hey Crymoon kinda on topic, kinda not, but i was telling a friend about numbered smiles and i was wondering what number is the (its-too-bad-everyone-cant-be-as-good-as-me) smile?

Crin Daroota
5 May 2003, 08:49 AM
Love them numbered smiles! :) :D ;) :P B) :hansolo:

Crymoon
5 May 2003, 10:14 PM
cold it'd be #8 right before #9 (it's-too-bad-everyone-cant-be-as-handsome-as-me) :D

coldskier0320
6 May 2003, 03:36 AM
Thanks man! I wear smile #8 nearly constantly, now i know its official term: Grinnus octus ;) :D

coldskier0320
6 May 2003, 04:16 PM
YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Finally! I finally got posted. Minions of Xendor! I didn't realize how busy I've been lately! Well, its still gonna be slow for a while, so if you friendly folks can avoid tossing the hot potato to me and me only that'd be super. I'll try to post but i warn you, basically this whole week will be nothing but litte posts from me, as im in the midst of social re-organization (read: preparing to get a gf) and prom is this weekend so, bear with me, thanks again for all your patience.

coldskier outB)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 May 2003, 10:48 PM
that was a post well done coldskeir :)

as for passing the hot potato to ya... don't worry, we wont.... Ok boys! he said no more hot potatoes... bring in the hot sith holocron! :D j/k!

Thats alright ck, theres gonna be various times in the year we're all gonna be busy with something

Crymoon
7 May 2003, 01:50 AM
Dart guys... I have so much work at work :D that I have hardly any time to write anything good... Just short posts... Till the endo of this week it will be probably so... Sorry...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 May 2003, 10:49 PM
we can do short posts :p few lines here, few lines there ... and they used to call is small talk :P

Crin Daroota
8 May 2003, 09:16 AM
Nice lil short post from Crin. Hey that was kinda fun!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 May 2003, 04:53 PM
Yup!

sorta got a mix of both short and long for ya guys... real short in verbal context, and a nice medium length'd specialty for ya to kickback and read :)

hopefully it don't throw a hydrospanner in anyone's plans... Had to do something to keep the scene moving :)

just disregard the typos if there's any :p

well, i'm off for the weekend :)

Crymoon
9 May 2003, 12:13 AM
... just posted the longest post ever.. I think... If you find any mistakes let me know.

hope you like it..

Crin Daroota
9 May 2003, 08:36 AM
I'm intrigued...wondering if there's something behind that headache...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 May 2003, 07:13 PM
other hostile ulterior motives at work? someone drugged the food or drinks? 8o :raised: and so the plot thickins.... [insert alfred hitchcock psycho music here]

Crymoon
11 May 2003, 10:25 PM
and he is force-sensitive... so there can be unlimited possibilities... feel free to toy with it... :D

Crin Daroota
12 May 2003, 06:52 AM
It's the "Dance of the Sleeping Jedi," oh lord why didn't I recognize this before!? Designed to put force-sensitives into a deep sleep so their throats can be slit easily and without struggle. Look out Crymoon! 8o

Crymoon
12 May 2003, 07:02 AM
I'd be quite dangerous to play that on me... When I sleep (or on Friday) my Sith wakes up.... :D

Crin Daroota
14 May 2003, 07:37 AM
Well, guys, the game is on! The next chapter of the Sludge War is about ot begin. Are you up for it?

I know a lot happened in that post. I tried to give you all plenty of room to play with regarding your responses, but I also saw the need to get the ball rolling again. So, the question is before you: Do you stand with Crin & company?

coldskier0320
14 May 2003, 08:25 AM
Wow...stunning, I really like it and should beposting by tommorow afternoon, excellent thing to get the plot moving again, nice work, Crin

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 May 2003, 03:27 PM
heya all

been tied down with being busy the last week or so... probably will have more time to post when i get back on sun... unless i can read this all and get a tiny post on in tonight yet... we'll see...

once sunday rolls around, i'll be feeling like in arnold's own words, "ah need ah vacashun"

Crymoon
14 May 2003, 10:14 PM
I'll wait for Crimson's crew reply, but so far as my charcter is concerned I'm in 100% ....

And a great post BTW a great post....
You should write books :D

Grimace
14 May 2003, 10:29 PM
Hey all, I'm back.

I've printed out all of the stuff that you guys have been up to for the last week or so, and once I read through that and get a feeling for where things are, I'll be sure to post.

Good to see you've all kept the game moving along. :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 May 2003, 11:30 PM
no need to wait on me crymoon :) if ya wanna take initiative, go ahead :)

just doin our jobs to slowly keep it all goin grimace :) ... and entertainment seemed the best non destructive thing on the ordering menu. a rather fun filler it turned out to be!

Crymoon
14 May 2003, 11:34 PM
I gladly wait... as I don't have time to post... :D

Crin Daroota
15 May 2003, 08:41 AM
Welcome Back, Grimace!

Hope you had fun while you were away ...:D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 May 2003, 11:07 PM
4 days later, in a galaxy far far away....

Err, ya know what i mean :) looks like i'll actually be home for a few days onward.. maybe even close to a week!

And grimace is back too!

now, as Pink sang, "get this party started!" :D (not that i really care for that particular artist... :p )

Crin Daroota
19 May 2003, 10:16 AM
Heh. That's exactly what I tried to do, Terras. Unfortunately, so far nobody wants to party :(

Am I really that bad at throwing parties? :D

Grimace
19 May 2003, 09:42 PM
I'll be back on the ball in a day or so...with work starting back up (after two full weeks off) and some residual wedding stuff still going, I'm struggling to find time, but things are leveling out back towards normal. Just need to get my game juices back. :)

Crymoon
20 May 2003, 12:03 AM
It was so sad to see nothing posted so I posted... :D

coldskier0320
20 May 2003, 03:52 AM
I was happy to see something new posted, so I posted...;)

Grimace
20 May 2003, 09:39 PM
Well, I thought it was a chain letter sort of thing, so I posted to keep the chain going. :D :P

Crymoon
20 May 2003, 11:11 PM
have to... have to... control... stop.... stop.... no... I won't write... nooooooo....... let others write........ don't write.... don,t...... the chain of posts is talking to my sith... he is taking over me....

WILL POST NOW!!!!!!

No you won't...
YES I WILL

No you won't... Yoda pls help...!!!!!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 May 2003, 09:48 PM
i'll be out for the next several days again... dont let me slow ya down any.. whoever wants to take my chars to keep the game going, thats perfectly fine by me.
crymoon, if ya got the urge to write & post, by all means take over playin my crew for the next while . i trust ya :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
30 May 2003, 11:23 PM
So, nobody decided to tag along the Crimson Tortoise crew voluntarily?

alrighty... i'll have to type up a post on my lappy while at the farm and disket-it and paste it here when i'm next online again (coincides with being at the apartment.. )

expect to see a post in a few days then! sorry for the long time delay!

Grimace
31 May 2003, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I think some people need some prodding. Make sure it's a good, juicy tidbit, Terras. ;) :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 June 2003, 08:46 PM
Well, I got myself into gear and had a chance to go at it finally!

Well, as for juicy tidbits, I guess its a matter of how ya look at things :p

lets get this show on the road! :)

coldskier0320
8 June 2003, 06:18 PM
My goodness, its good to be back! I havent read the IC thread yet but im sorry about not posting, its been a crazy, crazy few weeks with school ending and work starting in earnest (yuk!). Im gonna try to be on more, but a week long bike trip didnt help much. Anyway, im gonna try to get in an IC post here soon, these IAoP posts are meaner than the average post...

Grimace
8 June 2003, 11:45 PM
Good to have you back, coldskier. Things haven't moved along too fast by any means, so here's hoping you can help things along.

Crymoon
9 June 2003, 02:59 AM
Sorry guys I have som problems with my ineternet acces and can only post twice a week now... drat... :(

But I'm still alive.... :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 June 2003, 08:15 PM
whoa, month just about over... last post dated on the 9th... slowing down for the summer months are we?

next turn is Crin's unless someone has a real creative streak as i'm flat out of any right now...

hopefully, the Crimson Tortoise isn't garnering itself a disreuptable curse of having inevitably stalled yet another pbp game... 8o :?

Crymoon
24 June 2003, 03:07 AM
I'm still here.... :D

I visit holonet twice a week.... where is everybody else...!!!????

Crin Daroota
24 June 2003, 07:50 AM
Whoops :) Didn't realize it was my turn. Thanks for pointing that out. I've got a busy week ahead of me, but I'll try to get something up.

coldskier0320
24 June 2003, 07:00 PM
hopefully, the Crimson Tortoise isn't garnering itself a disreuptable curse of having inevitably stalled yet another pbp game...

Well, it is a Tortoise ...:D

scourgicus
26 June 2003, 09:38 AM
Wow its good to see this thread doing well. Whassup Grim! Sorry I can't join you all in this story but real life has become too busy. Alas. I really enjoyed the adventures of Machree and Tolgon. Who can forget three people squished into an X-Wing sized ship? :-)

Take care all, and Scourge On!

Grimace
26 June 2003, 07:27 PM
Hey scourgicus, good to see ya still kicking. Too bad you can't join us.

As for the rest of the group, I'm still here, I've just been busy. Hopefully some of you guys can post so I don't go and monopolize the ideas. I've been kind of holding back so I won't take over the story. So give it a go guys!!

coldskier0320
26 June 2003, 07:53 PM
Dont hold up on my account, my creativity has been seriously taxed with work and all. I need a good bump.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 June 2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by coldskier0320

Well, it is a Tortoise ...:D

well put! :D so anyone wanna declare mutiny on the gungan and re-christian / take steed of the ship in hopes of a speedier gamble? :p j/k ... i'm hangin in there with ya all... ;)

i could post somethin, though it'd pretty much only revolve around a nicel little planatary farewell / send-off and then making the jump into hyperspace... wont be much but maybe i'll do that later today to help with getting the wheels rolling again.... or if anyone beats me to posting this short idea, by all means by my guest :)

Grimace
25 July 2003, 06:53 PM
Okay, guys, we've got a newcomer, and hopefully some new ideas. Let's get this show back on the road!!

XionCyzar
25 July 2003, 08:28 PM
Yes,yes. I'm guessing i'm the newcomer, but not sure.

Lets get rolling people. Hehe.....plz? Lol.

Until next time, May the Force be with you....bah!
:sabersml:

:vader:

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 July 2003, 03:12 PM
looks like the game once again is off to a speedy pickup... if i manage to login within the next few days to post (while finishing packing) i'll be keeping my posts short. then i'll be offline from wed til friday as i get moved over and get the essentials unpacked (computer, stere, etc) and related services reconected...

note to coldskier, crymoon & crin - we're just doing a side run on tatooine til ya guys get back into the swing of things... ;)

btw, good postin Xion!