PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR Minis - Official Discussion Thread

Stratos
15 February 2008, 08:16 AM
So, what rumors are floating around about the Fall -08 release of KOTOR Minis? What are your hopes and dreams for this set?

edited 7-15-08 from "rumors" to "official" :D

Evil overlord
15 February 2008, 08:21 AM
Well, hopefully this means that KOTOR3 and/or the MMORPG are coming out,:D so I'll be hoping to see those. But otherwise, TM-34 would be cool, as would some geenric HK-50's. Darth Sion would also be very cool, but would be very hard to balance with his coming back to life trick, so I doubt we'll see him:(

Admiral Zaarin
15 February 2008, 11:10 AM
Darth Sion would also be very cool, but would be very hard to balance with his coming back to life trick, so I doubt we'll see him
Why? Exar Kun already has Transfer Essence, and there's also the Avoid Defeat special ability. Just give him a ridiculous point cost.

As for my hopes and wishes, I'd like to see Kreia/Darth Traya, Carth Onasi, Mission Vao, Juhani, and the Handmaiden. Maybe the generic Handmaiden sisters as well. Even though she was a background character, I wouldn't mind seeing Queen Talia either. And I'd like to see Canderous as Mandalore, too; and please, oh, please give him to the Mandalorians!

Donovan Morningfire
15 February 2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Zaarin
As for my hopes and wishes, I'd like to see Kreia/Darth Traya, Carth Onasi, Mission Vao, Juhani, and the Handmaiden. Maybe the generic Handmaiden sisters as well.
I'll have to agree with wanting to see figures (even if generics) for the supporting heroes of the KOTOR games. Even generic Handmaidens would be cool, if for no other reason than giving a few more options for female PCs on the table-top (which admittedly is where my minis see the most use these days).

But how about Zayne Carrick, Zarael, and the others from the KOTOR comic series as well? I think Zayne definitely needs a "dumb luck/trail of destruction" ability :D

cheshire
15 February 2008, 01:11 PM
Oh yeah, give me some HK-50s to add to a squad. That would be great. I mean, having all of the main characters from the first KotOR is expected, but I can't wait to see Carth.

Some non-KotOR characters are rumored to be in the upcoming pack, including a new Thrawn (which would be interesting).

Jame
21 February 2008, 11:50 AM
The main KOTOR character that I know of and hasn't been either miniatured or mentioned is Mira from KOTOR 2. If you're making Calo Nord then you Got To Make Mira!

Admiral Zaarin
21 February 2008, 01:42 PM
The main KOTOR character that I know of and hasn't been either miniatured or mentioned is Mira from KOTOR 2.
Mira would be a lot more interesting if she'd zip up that jacket of hers. :raised:

Donovan Morningfire
21 February 2008, 04:04 PM
Mira would be a lot more interesting if she'd zip up that jacket of hers. :raised:
But then she'd lose access to one (or would it be two) of her best bounty hunting tools :D

Especially if you got the dialogue option that has her explaining why she dresses the way she does.

Admiral Zaarin
21 February 2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Donovan Morningfire

But then she'd lose access to one (or would it be two) of her best bounty hunting tools :D

Especially if you got the dialogue option that has her explaining why she dresses the way she does.
While I'll admit the line was funny, her dress (or lack thereof) really is disgusting.

cheshire
22 February 2008, 06:29 AM
What I find even more disturbing was the fact that I've seen screen captures that make it apparent that some people were playing her in the gold bikini throughout the entire game. However, that's beside the point.

I can't imagine that they've got 60 people entirely from the KotOR era (though the Old Republic could certainly do with a lot of good non-unique support characters). I'm still hoping to see a Joruus C'boath creep in at some point. Rumors say that there's going to be a new Grand Admiral Thrawn in the set, so why not?

Stratos
22 February 2008, 06:45 AM
I'd like to see Grand Master Luke, Grand Master Yoda, and Grand Master Nomi Sunrider. Makes me wonder is the Nomi we're getting with LotF will have a Grand Master Force ability or something we haven't seen before. Seems to me that the leaders of the Jedi Order should have something new up their sleaves.

Admiral Zaarin
22 February 2008, 10:03 AM
Nomi should have Battle Meditation, and I'd like to see a better version of Battle Meditation than what they stuck Bastila with. Still, Wizards has a history of cutting us short on Battle Meditation...

Donovan Morningfire
23 February 2008, 05:10 AM
Well, for Nomi I could see her having not only Battle Meditaiton, but also a Sever Force type of ability that lets her prevent a target from using Force Points at all for the rest of the skirmish if they fail the resistance save.

Watch as the Force-fueled beatsticks quake in fear of falling that save :D

Admiral Zaarin
23 February 2008, 08:49 AM
Well, for Nomi I could see her having not only Battle Meditaiton, but also a Sever Force type of ability that lets her prevent a target from using Force Points at all for the rest of the skirmish if they fail the resistance save.

Watch as the Force-fueled beatsticks quake in fear of falling that save :D
Yeah, I had that in mind as well. She could be quite impressive. She'd be the death of my Bane-centered Sith squad...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 February 2008, 06:22 PM

While I'll admit the line was funny, her dress (or lack thereof) really is disgusting.

Wha? :raised:

I thought she had a trendy sense of fashion. Besides, I like leather jackets (own several myself). It gave Mira kinda the Biker Chic appeal - Jacket, pants, shirt tied at the midriff. C'mon, we're talking Bounty Hunter native to Narr Shadaa. The outfit wasn't any worse than Mission Vao's, or Hand Maiden's training into a Jedi, or the whole Echani Enclave for that matter. The Bikini Hutt dance had an ingame purpose, and it was player's choice to which female who wore it, even main character themselves if gone with the female choice.

Anywhoo, yeah, I'd love some of the HK series of droids. That and not make them Very Rare. I've a sneaking suspicion though, that the Kotor cast would likely be the Rare and Very Rare grades.

Interestingly, quite a few of the Kotor 1 & 2 cast is already in the other sets. Bastila Shan, Jedi Sentinal (Visas Marr, COTF set), the Handmaiden (white robed Jedi Gaurdian from the COTF set), HK47, Sith troops and sith assault droids, some of the Mandalorians. The Desciple (Jedi Consular in COTF), Darth Malak, Darth Nihilus...

Admiral Zaarin
28 February 2008, 07:24 PM
the Handmaiden (white robed Jedi Gaurdian from the COTF set)
Actually, that would be Atris.

Darth Malak, Darth Nihilus..
And, of course, Revan in TFU.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 February 2008, 08:11 AM
Actually, that would be Atris.

Well, they look alike, save for a slight detail of garment. Since they had Bastilla and Visas, Handmaiden was my natural conclusion. ;)

Yup, forgot Revan...

What's funny is, if wotc had skipped the usual Darth Vader, and the other common denominators (Storm Troopers, Luke, Han, Leia, etc) that they remake for every set, there would've been room for more Kotor oriented minis, in say COTF.

Ahh well, I'm looking forward to the upcoming set.

Donovan Morningfire
29 February 2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar & Raven
Wha? :raised:

I thought she had a trendy sense of fashion. Besides, I like leather jackets (own several myself). It gave Mira kinda the Biker Chic appeal - Jacket, pants, shirt tied at the midriff. C'mon, we're talking Bounty Hunter native to Narr Shadaa.
Not everybody grooves on biker chicks. Me personally it was her attitude that won me over, although to be fair her defaul outfit didn't hurt matters :)

Back to figure ideas...
- Sith Assassins
- Twin Sun gals (preferably as Common/Uncommon Twi'lek Assassins)
- Lower City Gangers (for both the Hidden Beks and Black Vulkars)
- Kath hounds and various other monsters from Dantooine.
- Actual Handmaiden type figures would be cool as well, and don't specifically have to be Brianna/Last Handmaiden.
- Duros bounty hunter, for the Zug clan (even if they were just glorified cannon fodder)

Admiral Zaarin
29 February 2008, 01:22 PM
Me personally it was her attitude that won me over, although to be fair her defaul outfit didn't hurt matters
Yeah, I liked her attitude. She was a cool character, just you had to get her some clothes...

- Duros bounty hunter, for the Zug clan (even if they were just glorified cannon fodder)
I think that's unduly flattering. I'm not sure they were even glorified cannon fodder; I'm more thinking they were just cannon fodder. ;) "I'll take the stupid one who threatened us instead of shooting us while he had the chance." ;)

Sithspawn
16 April 2008, 12:05 AM
I'm really excited for the KOTOR set.
There's a thread on Wizards showing the boosters. Quite a few figures are known already including another Darth Malek.

I just want more support for the Old Republic & Mandalorian Factions.

Donovan Morningfire
17 April 2008, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Sithspawn
I just want more support for the Old Republic & Mandalorian Factions.
Well, we've already gotten a tease post by Rodney in the LotF thread that there will be support for the Mandos aplenty in this set.

Stratos
17 April 2008, 05:00 AM
I bought 2+ cases of Legacy minis and I expect I'll buy as much or more for KOTOR because I generally don't play movie factions. More Mando'a, Sith, Fringe, and Old Republic are more than welcome in my army!

Admiral Zaarin
17 April 2008, 01:06 PM
It would be nice to see the Old Republic finally get some decent minis. With what they have now, they could pretty much never beat the Sith or Mandalorians, which are their intended opponents. Of course, as Stratos said, those factions, too, could use plenty of attention. Of course, the Sith have more uber-uniques than you can (or dare) to shake a lightsaber at, but as for lower cost non-uniques, they're seriously lacking. But, of course, the Republic has the opposite problem: a few mediocre non-Uniques and only two uniques.

Sithspawn
18 April 2008, 07:59 AM
Well I'll certainly buying a couple of cases of KOTOR. I even had the money set aside, then my car went in the garage for minor repairs this week (oil leak & exhaust) and the bill came to just a few pounds short of what I'd set aside :mad:

Guess I start saving again.

Donovan Morningfire
28 April 2008, 02:31 PM
Apparently some details about the KOTOR set got revealed recently at GAMA.

Thread about it over on GleeMax can be found here (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1023609)

Relevant Crunch:
Luke Skywalker, Jedi
* Build Points 29
* Rebel
* HP 90
* Def 18
* Atk +10
* Dmg 20
U, Double, Melee, {New Special} Style (hit by melee, save 11, attack back), Flurry, F2, FR1, Knight Speed, LS Block, LS Deflect

Wookiee Elite Warrior
* Build Points = ?
* Old Republic
* HP 50
* Def 18
* Atk +9
* Dmg 20
Melee, Charging +10, Melee Reach 2, Momentum

Mira
* Build Points 47
* HP 80
* Def 18
* Atk +12
* Dmg 20
U, Accurate, BH +4, Demolition Charge, Mobile, Splash 10, Twin, F2, F Sense

Jarael
* Build Points 23
* Fringe
* HP 70
* Def 19
* Atk +10
* Dmg 10
U, Speed 8, Melee, Triple Attack, Evade, Parry, Shockstaff +10 (+10 dmg. vs. droids; living characters activated, save 11), F2

Darth Vader, Scourge of the Jedi
* Build Points ?
* Imperial
* HP ?
* Def 21
* Atk +14
* Dmg 20
U, Double, Melee, Dark Armor, {New Special} Style, JH +4, F4, LS Riposte, LS Throw 2

Master Lucien Draay
* Build Points 48
* Old Republic
* HP 130
* Def 20
* Atk +15
* Dmg 20
U, Double, Melee, LS Duelist, F1, FR, LS Deflect, LS Riposte, MotF 2

Han Solo, Smuggler
* Build Points 27
* Rebel
* HP 70
* Def 16
* Atk +10
* Dmg 20
U, Opportunist +20, Accurate

Jar Jar Binks
* Build Points 18
* Republic
* HP 60
* Def 17
* Atk +2
* Dmg 10
U, Gungan, Melee, Bombard Gungan (targeted? save 11; success: redirect to attack to another within 6, otherwise: negate attack), Draw Fire

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
* Build Points 37
* Republic
* HP 70
* Def 14
* Atk +0
* Dmg 0
U, Betrayal, Fringe Reserves 20 (11?), Order 66 Rapport (-1), Republic Reserves 30 (20?), F2, FR 1, F Alter, MotF 2, CE: adjacent Fringe followers gain Bodyguard

While it certainly seems to be a bit less of a KOTOR-centric set, given we're getting yet more versions of the movie iconics that have been done to death several times over (such as another bloody frellin' Vader), there's still some interesting choices so far.

Granted, I'm a lot more interested in the KOTOR campaign guide that's sitting behind the boosters...

Evil overlord
29 April 2008, 11:06 AM
And here I was looking forward to the set. But no, they added a Jar Jar. Life is meaningless now. Otherwise then that, and I agree entirely with the above statement about to many movie charecters, the stats actually look pretty good.

Admiral Zaarin
29 April 2008, 12:36 PM
While it certainly seems to be a bit less of a KOTOR-centric set, given we're getting yet more versions of the movie iconics that have been done to death several times over (such as another bloody frellin' Vader), there's still some interesting choices so far.
Agreed. Why call it KotOR if we only get one mini that's actually from the games? :raised: Perhaps things will become clearer when we get an entire set list. We may hope.

cheshire
30 April 2008, 07:54 AM

Jar Jar Binks
* Build Points 18
* Republic
* HP 60
* Def 17
* Atk +2
* Dmg 10
U, Gungan, Melee, Bombard Gungan (targeted? save 11; success: redirect to attack to another within 6, otherwise: negate attack), Draw Fire

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... (http://dvnooooo.ytmnd.com/)

Donovan Morningfire
30 April 2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Evil overlord
And here I was looking forward to the set. But no, they added a Jar Jar. Life is meaningless now.
Well, from what I recall of a few dips into the SW minis section of the GleeMax in times past, people were asking for a Jar Jar figure. And now WotC has finally delivered. Stat-wise he's 3P0 with some staying power and offensive ability, namely that he'll survive getting shot a few times while he's using Draw Fire to protect your Jedi beatsticks while they close into melee range, and can even bounce a few of those attacks back in the process.

Sithspawn
1 May 2008, 05:48 AM
KOTOR is already looking good. Jarael is very good. Palpatine might be okay if you build around him. Dray is great for OR. Some intersting new abilities like Style.

And finally one of my favourite characters gets a mini :gungan:

Admiral Zaarin
1 May 2008, 06:16 PM
And finally one of my favourite characters gets a mini
I really hope you're joking...

Sithspawn
2 May 2008, 03:02 PM
Nope. I'm in that 0.01% of fans that actually likes Jar Jar Binks and cannot stand Mara Jade and Grand Admiral Thrawn. B)

Admiral Zaarin
2 May 2008, 06:19 PM
To each his own, I suppose. But then, we've all got our quirks: I don't think Jake Lloyd did a bad job as little Annie. :ducks:

Thomas
2 May 2008, 07:07 PM
Personally I want to see Canderous Ordo as Mandalore. And I also want to know why the heck the KotOR set has so many non-KotOR characters in it. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having infinite numbers of Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker, I just want them to be in something other than the KotOR sets. Also we need Atton Rand, Carth Onasi, Bao-Dur, and random HK-50s...and maybe a GO-TO/imperial torture droid. And for crying out loud, can we please get a Paelleon mini already.

Sithspawn
3 May 2008, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Thomas
Personally I want to see Canderous Ordo as Mandalore.
We're more likely to get Cassus Fett as Mandalore, or simply Mandalore the Ultimate.

As for other characters, well it's ahppened with several of the recent sets such as Force Unleashed, that had a TESB sub-theme.

I would like to see Carth, Mission Vao, and Darth Sion (who should be difficult to kill - maybe Avoid Defeat on a 6). But let's not forget comic older charcaters too like Master Arca Jeth, Master Thon and Cay Qel Droma.

Maybe a large Beast Rider of Onderon.

Most of all for Sith I'd like ancient Sith and Freedon Nadd.

Stratos
3 May 2008, 03:59 AM
I'd love a Beast Rider but I'm tired of Huge sets and models.

As for more Lukes and Vaders... I have a simple solution I abide by, I don't buy them.

Thomas
3 May 2008, 05:46 AM
agreed, if I get one, I get one but the only We Need A New One In Each Set I'll actually buy is Boba Fett.

Starcloud
3 May 2008, 08:55 AM
It's true enough... Jake Lloyd did not do a bad job portraying nine-year old Anakin.

A pity much of his dialog had been written for the original concept of a fourteen-year old Anakin, and more of a pity that George Lucas never handed the script over to someone who could actually write dialog that didn't make people wince.

Donovan Morningfire
6 May 2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Starcloud
It's true enough... Jake Lloyd did not do a bad job portraying nine-year old Anakin.

A pity much of his dialog had been written for the original concept of a fourteen-year old Anakin, and more of a pity that George Lucas never handed the script over to someone who could actually write dialog that didn't make people wince.

"George, you can write this stuff but you can't say it."
- Harrison Ford

Admiral Zaarin
8 May 2008, 08:19 AM
Just stumbled over this on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Knights-Old-Republic-Miniatures-Product/dp/0786947403/ref=pd_sim_b_4

Tentative release date and box art. :D

Donovan Morningfire
26 June 2008, 12:19 PM
KOTOR preview #1 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/KOTORminispreview1)
The GenoHaradan Assassin (which is a cool as all get-out scuplt) and Czerka Scientist

Stratos
26 June 2008, 06:10 PM
Very nice. Thanks for this. Too bad WotC is too good for Origins (going on now). It'd be nice to have more support for Star Wars at the second largest gaming convention in the US.

Sithspawn
27 June 2008, 05:11 AM
Previews on time, and a great couple of minis.

The Assassin is a great piece on his own, dishing out a potential 50 damage with a decent Defense. And Cloaked gives him his own super-Stealth, something Mando's will have for sure.

The Czerka gal has so many options. Just giving your shoots Jolt is good, but to give all 10 damage guys Twin is fantastic.

Also check out this thread at WOTC for photos of KOTOR minis.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1052973

So many great characters are in thsi set; Carth, Mission Zalabar, Mando's Treya, Malak, Handmaiden, General Wedge Antilles, Captain Tarpals, gungans, Jar Jar Binks...

I have two cases on order :D

cheshire
27 June 2008, 05:44 AM
Wow. That looks like a really interesting set. I'm not sure that I'm going to go so far as cases, but I'll be picking up a fair number of boosters from this one.

Admiral Zaarin
28 June 2008, 08:04 AM
Pretty certain I saw Juhani in there, too! :D Hmm, I've never ordered a case before, but this set is seriously tempting me...

Sithspawn
28 June 2008, 02:32 PM
Pretty much confirmed characters in KOTOR

Atton Rand
Bao-Dur
Carth Onasi
Master Lucien Draay
Mira
Visas Marr
Wookiee Elite Warrior
Old Republic Trooper
Darth Malak
Darth Sion
Captain Tarpals
Gungan with sheild
Gungan with staff
Jar Jar
Obi-Wan Jedi Padawan
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
Leia Organa Senator
Luke Skywalker, Jedi
Han Solo, Smuggler
Darth Vader, Scourge of the Jedi
General Wedge Antilles
Czerka Scientist
Echani Handmaiden
GenoHaradan Assassin
Jarael
Jolee Bindo
Juhani
Kreia
Mission Vao
T3-M4
Zaalbar
Zayne Carrick
Jawa
Mandalore the Ultimate
Mandalorian Trooper

Thomas
28 June 2008, 05:07 PM
ok, I suppose I can actually stop complaining now about the new Luke/Vader stuff seeing the list. Also not sure if it's a confirmed mini yet but I'm fairly sure I saw a Death Watch Mando in the picture sets a couple posts back.

Admiral Zaarin
29 June 2008, 08:26 AM
Mandalore the Ultimate
I thought Mandalore from CotF was Mandalore the Ultimate...But I can't object to new Mandalorians so I'll hold my peace.

cheshire
29 June 2008, 11:50 AM

I thought Mandalore from CotF was Mandalore the Ultimate...But I can't object to new Mandalorians so I'll hold my peace.

I think that CotF had Mandalore the Indomitable.

Admiral Zaarin
29 June 2008, 06:35 PM
I think that CotF had Mandalore the Indomitable.
Ah, that's right. My mistake.

Sithspawn
30 June 2008, 05:30 AM
So many great characters in this set.

There was a thread on Wizards saying that Darth Sion has a force power that when defeated lets him return with FULL HP on a save 6! If true that's so what I wanted for him.

Mission Vao, Kreia and Jar Jar Binks are also must have characters for me. I hope Captain Tarpals has a good gungan CE.

Sithspawn
30 June 2008, 11:36 AM
A better link to the pics

http://khryssun.free.fr/starwars-miniatures/Preview_KOTOR.php

Thomas
30 June 2008, 09:21 PM
Yup, that's a Death Watch Mando all right. I have one complaint though, why does Kreia have a double bladed lightsaber when she only has one hand?

cheshire
1 July 2008, 08:38 AM
I'm willing to let that go seeing how she managed to wield three lightsabers with no hands.

Admiral Zaarin
1 July 2008, 10:18 AM
I see so much on there that I want that I'm probably not going to get that it makes me sick. WotC is dead-set on sapping all my money away from me. :(

Donovan Morningfire
1 July 2008, 03:00 PM
I see so much on there that I want that I'm probably not going to get that it makes me sick. WotC is dead-set on sapping all my money away from me. :(
If you mean specific figs, might I suggest the secondary markets, such as eBay and assorted online vendors?

I'm definitely looking forward to this set based on the figures seen. Reminds me, need to put in my pre-orders ;)

Darth Jerrod
2 July 2008, 06:08 AM
I have been replaying KotoR over and over again. This set just makes me want it more.

Thomas
2 July 2008, 09:06 AM
Curse my Xbox 360 and it's lack of properly emulating KotOR, I want to play it again now.

Donovan Morningfire
2 July 2008, 12:29 PM
Next KOTOR set preview is up on WotC's site

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/KOTORminispreview2

Stratos
2 July 2008, 02:19 PM
Next KOTOR set preview is up on WotC's site

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/KOTORminispreview2

Nice stuff!

Sithspawn
2 July 2008, 02:52 PM
Lucien is a solid Beat for OR but with below average stats for his cost compaired to other recent Jedi.

Rakghoul... fantastic. Can you say Exars little pet B)

Moridin
2 July 2008, 03:14 PM

Hey, I work here and I am still spending too much on these minis. I bought a ton of Legacy (I'm shifting my Friday game to the Legacy era), and I know I'm going to buy a ton of KOTOR.

Admiral Zaarin
3 July 2008, 07:23 AM
If you mean specific figs, might I suggest the secondary markets, such as eBay and assorted online vendors?
Yeah, I do that some, but I refuse to spend more than around $20 dollars (I did spend $25 on Darth Bane, but that was a special case) on a mini (sorry, Revan) and it has to be pretty special for me to spend that much. :(

Thomas
3 July 2008, 11:08 PM
agreed, I spent close to $40 Canadian on a Rebel Storm Boba Fett. Awesome figure but a little expensive for a 50 cent piece of plastic.

Darth Jerrod
4 July 2008, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Thomas
agreed, I spent close to $40 Canadian on a Rebel Storm Boba Fett. Awesome figure but a little expensive for a 50 cent piece of plastic.

And the Kicker in the Pants is they reprinted him in the Rebels and Imperial 2 piece set. I should know I pulled 2 LOL

Thomas
4 July 2008, 01:05 PM
you lucky Sith-spawn, all I ever get in those things are stormtroopers and rebel soldiers which I have way too many of as is.

Admiral Zaarin
5 July 2008, 09:16 AM
stormtroopers and rebel soldiers which I have way too many of as is.
How can you have too many stormtroopers? ;)

Donovan Morningfire
5 July 2008, 09:39 AM
How can you have too many stormtroopers? ;)
Easy. You're using the minis for their primary purpose of playing a skirmish game as opposed to their secondary function as RPG pieces B)

cheshire
5 July 2008, 10:34 AM
That's just crazy talk.

Thomas
5 July 2008, 02:52 PM
I actually don't use them for minis games, I pretty much just collect the little suckers for the fun of it and if I ever need them for a gaming session. The problem is I have over 70 clone/stormtroopers already.

Sithspawn
5 July 2008, 03:35 PM
I never bothered with those small packs. When a set comes out I now tend to buy two cases then buy the rest as singles off eBay. Alas, spending huge sums on SWM means I have little left to spend on RPGs nowadays. :(

Admiral Zaarin
5 July 2008, 06:02 PM

Easy. You're using the minis for their primary purpose of playing a skirmish game as opposed to their secondary function as RPG pieces B)
lol Actually, my opponent used basically nothing but stormtroopers and defeated my squad consisting of Darth Bane, Darth Nihilus, a Dark Side Marauder, a Sith Warbot, and a Sith Trooper. And then he defeated my next squad of General Windu, Depa Billaba, Agen Kolar (RotS), a Jedi Weapon Master, and a gian speeder, with the same squad of stormtroopers. Field enough of them and they're deadly. ;)

cheshire
5 July 2008, 07:46 PM
BTW, there's a gallery posted made from information from a poster and a display at a Chicago show.

Admiral Zaarin
6 July 2008, 08:16 AM
I have to say I'm surprised to see a (relatively) minor character like Malak getting a second mini, but I'm sure not complaining. :D

Donovan Morningfire
6 July 2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by cheshire
BTW, there's a gallery posted made from information from a poster and a display at a Chicago show.

Nice find.

Looks like the only faction getting left out will be the Vong-players. Which doesn't bother me in the slightest :)

Darth Jerrod
6 July 2008, 03:33 PM

Nice find.

Looks like the only faction getting left out will be the Vong-players. Which doesn't bother me in the slightest :)

The Vong got some nice pieces with the LotF set they should be fine until the next one. I would not be surprised to see a bit more in an upcoming set as we get closer to the Legacy era book, just because they are around in that era at least the comic series.

Admiral Zaarin
7 July 2008, 10:20 AM
Did anyone else notice that with this set we're getting not one but two new Han Solo figures? Nothing against Han, of course, but I think they've miniatured him to death by now.

Thomas
7 July 2008, 08:30 PM
like they haven't minaturised everybody else to death yet as well. I'm sorry just HOW many versions of Luke/Han/Vader do we need already? Personally I think we need more secondary characters like Generals Riekan or Madine or actually interesting people...and darnit we need a new Thrawn or a Paelleon mini already. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait for the next batch.

Donovan Morningfire
8 July 2008, 04:54 AM
Did anyone else notice that with this set we're getting not one but two new Han Solo figures? Nothing against Han, of course, but I think they've miniatured him to death by now.
Since all the other movie mains have long since been mini'd to death, I don't see how having multiple versions of Han in one set is any different :rolleyes:

Out how many sets now, only two didn't have at least one version of Darth Vader (not counting appearances by Anakin in Clone Strike or his two versions in RotS since he's technically not a Darth Vader figure)?

Admiral Zaarin
8 July 2008, 08:23 AM
Since all the other movie mains have long since been mini'd to death, I don't see how having multiple versions of Han in one set is any different :rolleyes:
Point conceded.

Thrawn or a Paelleon mini already.
Agreed. Has there been a Pellaeon miniature at all yet? I don't recall one...

Stratos
8 July 2008, 08:31 AM
Has there been a Pellaeon miniature at all yet? I don't recall one...

Nope. And given how many armies he's fought for... we could easily have 3... Empire (Thrawn), Imperial Remnant (NJO), Galactic Alliance (Legacy).

Donovan Morningfire
8 July 2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Stratos
Nope. And given how many armies he's fought for... we could easily have 3... Empire (Thrawn), Imperial Remnant (NJO), Galactic Alliance (Legacy).
Well, you could just make him Imperial but give him an NR affinty much like the mini for Baron Fel's kid had.

Thomas
8 July 2008, 11:34 AM

And given how many armies he's fought for... we could easily have 3... Empire (Thrawn), Imperial Remnant (NJO), Galactic Alliance (Legacy).

he also fights in the Clone Wars for the Republic so he could show up there too.

Donovan Morningfire
10 July 2008, 02:58 AM
Next preview is up, this one with a Tusken Raider and Darth Sion (who looks to potentially be an absolute beast with his recovery abilities... just needs a reliable source of Force Points to keep him going and able to use his powers in a fight)

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/KOTORminispreview3

Sithspawn
10 July 2008, 08:29 AM
I love that Sion has the potential to have 330 HPs! He's expensive for his mediocre stats, but I can see him annoying opponents if he makes both his saves.

I do like the tougher Tusken.

Also;
http://www.starwars.com/games/othergames/news20080709.html

Squint is a solid 20pt piece. A useful addition for most OR squads.

The Elite Sith Trooper is, okay, but will need a couple of CEs to make him a better choice that the Gotal or Kel Dor.

Donovan Morningfire
11 July 2008, 03:10 AM
And by way of TheForce.Net,

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/TFN_Exclusive_KOTOR_Miniatures_Preview_115973.asp

Darth Malak, DLoS and Old Republic Captain

Sithspawn
12 July 2008, 01:33 AM
We're gettin so many previews this time round, it's fantastic!

Malak is just evil awesomeness :D
That +4 to followers, board wide, is amazing. I like the idea of Uggernaughts Twin Attacking everything. Boba would no longer miss a thing. And even regular troops attacking at +9. Not to mention with Force Renewal Malak has virtually unlimited Lightening.

Donovan Morningfire
15 July 2008, 03:23 AM
So when does this graduate from a "rumors" thread to an "official" thread? :D

Stratos
15 July 2008, 03:34 AM
So when does this graduate from a "rumors" thread to an "official" thread? :D

How about... right now! :)

Donovan Morningfire
16 July 2008, 12:43 PM
How about... right now! :)
Works for me :)

Also, I bring new previews

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/KOTORminispreview4

Mando Marauder (melee beatstick) and Old Republic Guard (cannon fodder).

Admiral Zaarin
17 July 2008, 02:46 PM
Very nice sculpts, especially that Mando Marauder! :D

Donovan Morningfire
23 July 2008, 05:19 AM
Next preview is up, featuring Captain Panaka and the Echani Handmaiden

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/KOTORminispreview5panaka

Also, it seems the set has been pushed back to August 19th per WotC's website

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/KOTORminis

Stratos
23 July 2008, 06:58 AM

Also, it seems the set has been pushed back to August 19th per WotC's website

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/KOTORminis

A Gencon prerelease then? Instead of selling them a week early... why not sell them direct to consumer at the biggest US show?

Admiral Zaarin
23 July 2008, 11:28 AM
It also ties the release in with the KotOR sourcebook.

Sithspawn
26 July 2008, 04:47 AM
I don't know if anyone here uses it, but bloomilk is a great SWMinis site for squad building and reference.

He has all the latest previewed KOTOR stats up as well as all the new Special Abilities and a scan of the KOTOR Rules Insert.

http://www.bloomilk.com/

Donovan Morningfire
30 July 2008, 10:06 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/KOTORminispreview6
RPG stats for a Sith Marauder and ASN-121 Assassin Droid.

Donovan Morningfire
4 August 2008, 03:06 AM
Courtesy of TheForce.net, we have DV, Scourge of the Jedi and the Gungan Artillarist

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/KotOR_Miniatures_Preview_116679.asp

Vader looks to be pretty impressive beatstick for 55pts with 50/50 shot of smacking anyone that dares to attack him in melee. And since most of those folks are Jedi, that makes his Jedi Hunter even more effective.

Gungan... eh, it's a gungan witih a big stick and a nice area effect attack.

Darth Jerrod
4 August 2008, 04:03 AM
Bloomilk has all of the stats up now.

Sithspawn
4 August 2008, 06:47 AM
My top wants are Jar Jar, Malak & Sion. And I'll be wanting lots of the non-unique Mando's.

Bit dissappointed in Carth and I wish Kreia had a better attack. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the whole set.

Elvenshae
4 August 2008, 08:52 AM
Gungan... eh, it's a gungan witih a big stick and a nice area effect attack.

... which will combine really, really nicely with Tarpals (as it should!). :)

Darth Jerrod
5 August 2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Elvenshae

Jar Jar and Camassi Diplomat.

Donovan Morningfire
5 August 2008, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Elvenshae
And having now seen what Tarpals can do, I totally agree.

In fact, were there anybody regularly playing SW minis in my area, I might be sorely tempted to field an all-Gungan squad, just for giggles (especially considering the rabid anti-Jar Jar sentiments in said area).

Admiral Zaarin
5 August 2008, 08:53 AM
the rabid anti-Jar Jar sentiments in said area
More like, in any and every area except elementary school playgrounds. :P

Donovan Morningfire
18 August 2008, 04:06 AM
Scored a few boosters at one of the local bookstore chains yesterday, but haven't had a chance to open them yet, so no idea what's in them.

Knowing my luck, probably nothing overly exciting :(

Darth Jerrod
18 August 2008, 10:38 AM
From Gencon I pulled

x2 Visas Marr (traded for Capt Panaka)
Zayne Carrick
Jar Jar Binks
Darth Vader
Darth Malak
Capt Tarpals
Mandalore the ultimate
Mission Vao

Sithspawn
19 August 2008, 12:47 PM
Darth Jerrod, I'd love thosde pulls! I have to wait until tomorrow to get my couple of cases.

The mini-FAQ is up on WOTC. The big questions are answered. Jar Jar can redirect anything, missiles etc. Even Disintegration can be redirected! And Tarpals CE allows you double use of a single SA (like Flamethrower) if you want or a FORCE POWER - if you have the FP & MOTF2 that is.

I just want to run Republic with Yoda, Mas. Then just stand Jar Jar in the middle of the board as a target and watch my opponent grumble :P

Donovan Morningfire
19 August 2008, 03:46 PM
A new SW minis scenario, Mandos vs. Sith
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/payback

Darth Jerrod
19 August 2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Sithspawn
Darth Jerrod, I'd love thosde pulls! I have to wait until tomorrow to get my couple of cases.

The mini-FAQ is up on WOTC. The big questions are answered. Jar Jar can redirect anything, missiles etc. Even Disintegration can be redirected! And Tarpals CE allows you double use of a single SA (like Flamethrower) if you want or a FORCE POWER - if you have the FP & MOTF2 that is.

I just want to run Republic with Yoda, Mas. Then just stand Jar Jar in the middle of the board as a target and watch my opponent grumble :P

JarJar is funny and tough. You want to attack him, he forces you to attack another of his units within 6 squares. You roll a save if you fail and no one is there you loose the attack.

Winning Combo

Captain Tarpels
Gungan Shields
Gungan Artillarists
JarJar

Tarpels lets the artillarists fire their sight attacks 2 times that is a 20 splash dmg. the shields make ranged attacks shoot back at the attacker if the attacker fails his save roll.

My friend used this minus JarJar in league. he did pretty well. Surprised a lot of people thinking Gungans might be a joke.

Sithspawn
23 August 2008, 03:44 AM
Had a few post-KOTOR games now.

I've played Jar Jar now, and he's brilliant (I lost the game through some very silly moves on my behalf, not the strength of my squad).

I used the Yoda, Mas, Jar Jar combo. My friend played OR with Nomi. Yoda & Jar Jar based Nomi. Next round he won Init and used Force Sever... Jar Jar drew fire then bounced it back at her LOL :P

Another game my friend used Wedge with Mara while I used the new Mando commanders with Canderous. 12 attacks at +14 for 30 on Mara... and without spending a force point made EVERY save. 12 saves in a row!

I went Mando's vs Imperial and did serious damage to Lord Vader.

And in a non-Uniqure game my Sith Heavy Assault Droid was quite formidable, as was the Genohardan Assassin.

Loving the KOTOR set B)

Darth Jerrod
23 August 2008, 03:51 AM
how did JarJar bounce Sever Force?

Nevermind I read the ability