PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite set so far?

Admiral Zaarin
19 February 2008, 12:27 PM
Mine has been the Champions of the Force set; lot's of cool stuff from the KotOR era being the chief reason. The Force Unleashed would be second.

Sithspawn
19 February 2008, 01:54 PM
Well it was a close call between Champions of the Force and Bounty Hunters.

Champions had lots of good figures, Old Republic, Sith... but it had Clones.

Bounty Hunters was a huge set :(
Nevertheless, if I'm being honest with myself I prefer the Fringe characters, and I probably play more minis from Bounty Hunters than from any other set.

Third would probably have been Revenge of the Sith.

Evil overlord
20 February 2008, 07:10 AM
The Force Unleashed. It has all those nice, cheap Force-users that have Force Renewal, not to mention some really, really cool huge minis.

Stratos
20 February 2008, 12:15 PM
Champions because of the Sith faction. Bounty Hunters gave me Mandalorians so it's a close second.

Admiral Zaarin
20 February 2008, 12:17 PM
Champions because of the Sith faction.
They're a hard faction to play right, considering that their only good pieces are Sith lords who cost mega points, but they are my favorite faction to play. :) Mandos are another fun squad to play, even though I don't have Mandalore. It can prove quite interesting. ;)

Stratos
20 February 2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Zaarin

They're a hard faction to play right, considering that their only good pieces are Sith lords who cost mega points, but they are my favorite faction to play. :) Mandos are another fun squad to play, even though I don't have Mandalore. It can prove quite interesting. ;)

Mandalore is pretty much a necessity to play the Mando'a successfully... unless you use Ulic's Special Ability and add Mando'a bodyguards to your Sith army. I haven't been too successful with it yet.

I have been very successful with Sith at 200 points. Bane. Kun. Mutant. Bespin Guards and Ugnaughts. 3-1-0 with that army!

Admiral Zaarin
20 February 2008, 02:33 PM
I have Bane, but unfortunately not Kun. :( Bane can be nice, but he needs good initiative rolls to be effective.

Mandalore is pretty much a necessity to play the Mando'a successfully
He would be helpful, but I've played successfully a few times with them. Admittedly my opponent was using a rather weak squad, and I was also using the Telosian tank droid and HK-47.