PDA

View Full Version : Another new starfighter..

wolverine
15 December 2001, 08:13 AM
Name: Mudhog
Craft: Indiric systems Model XX-122
Type: Dedicated heavy ground assault fighter
Scale: Starfighter
Crew: 2, Gunners 2
Length: 28.4M, Wing span 18M
Consumables: 8 days
Cargo space: 40Kg + ordinance
Maneuverability: 1D space, 3D+1 atmospheric
Space speed: 5
Atmospheric speed: 680:1400KMH
Hull: 6D
Shields 1D
Sensors: passive 20/1D, scan 40/1D+2, search 60/2D+2, focus 7/4D

Weapons:
4 Proton bomb tubes (6 bombs each)
Scale: Walker
Arc: foward/down 20 deg angle
Skill: Starfighter gunnery
Range: 6/12/18
Atmosphere range: 600m/1.2km/1.8km
F.cont: 1D
Damage 8d 4m/6d 7m/4d 10m/2d 14m

4 wing mounted heavy e-webs
Stats as for eweb

2 tri blasters
Scale: starfighter
Arc: foward
Skill: starfighter gunnery
Range: 4/8/12
Atmosphere range: 400m/800m/1.2km
F.Cont: 2D
Damage: 5D+1

Kelzar
16 December 2001, 10:35 AM
I like it, I will proably be springing this on my gaming buddies real soon, as they think they are bada*s mercs, and a little starfighter attack will do them some good

Dragon495
18 December 2001, 06:37 PM
Definitely something you would see if you fought a crime boss or out of the way civilization seems like. I like the armaments, but it seems like more of a bomber than a fighter (the 4 tubes of protons with 6 each). But definitely something that would be good to use against my PCs for fun (definitely give them something to think about when trying to strafe a crime cindicate).

Silberpfeil
19 December 2001, 10:41 AM
Nasty stuff. I like it but a crew of 4 people is quite a lot for a fighter...

wolverine
21 December 2001, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the praises. As for why they have 4 crew, well i took some of my inspiration for the ship from the A-6 intruder.
1 deadicated pilot
1 dedicated bombadier
1 gunner
1 assistant to who ever needs one.

Silberpfeil
22 December 2001, 11:11 AM
Hey, never said there were too much people to handle such a ship. But I wouldn't classify this ship in the fighter class.

Lokar
22 December 2001, 07:10 PM
Nice ship, though I would agree it seems more like a ground support gunboat than a starfighter. Nice to see someone working out a bomber based on the classic bomber idea (i.e. they drop bombs rather than launch missile)

wolverine
23 December 2001, 05:20 AM
Just read an email that some one who just surfs here sent me. He made me realise i forgot 2 very important things.

Cost: 78,000, 44000 used
ERA: Rebellion.

Also, it was dropped before the post endor timeframe, due to the following 2 flaws, that accounted for more than 300 of these being destroyed.

1) When in primary ground attack mode, it's shields are FIXED in the foward/down arc, and even after ground attack, cannot be shifted without a computer HARD reset.
2) The sensors, when put into ground search mode, lock on Search mode only. NO focus, scan or passive.

Troy Henist
2 January 2002, 07:50 AM
What a monster!

"1) When in primary ground attack mode, it's shields are FIXED in the foward/down arc, and even after ground attack, cannot be shifted without a computer HARD reset. "

Personally I can't see this being a major flaw. Especially when the ship has a Hull of 6D. Maybe if its shields were stronger than its hull then I could understand that being a problem.

wolverine
27 January 2002, 08:01 PM
Just for note. In the same game i played the AT-Hp, i ran a 4 wing of these. The players loved the consept, but hated them after 4 of the 7 got whakked..........

wolverine
4 April 2003, 06:08 AM
So... Kelzar. It has been a while.
Did you get a chance to 'spring these on your players???

wolverine
11 October 2005, 07:05 PM
It has been a while. Anyone know of Kelzar is still around??? I am itching to find out if these have ever been used...

Tonyx
11 October 2005, 08:11 PM
While I have never used these I found them interesting. Especially with the release of Episode 3. They had more than two people in a fighter and I thought it was a great idea. More people means more eyes and more potential for some serious butt kicking. I think that I would use them in a campain if I were still GMing, but I have not GMed for quite some time now.