PDA

View Full Version : Newb question: Stealth

Darth Vindictus
5 May 2008, 05:58 PM
I've already looked in the Jedi Counseling columns, but haven't seen an answer to this, so maybe someone here could help me out:

When a character has Stealth, it does not count as the closest target if it has cover and is more than 6 squares away from the attacker.

My question - which may seem silly - is this: a second character is farther away from the attacker, but is the only other one in the attacker's line-of-sight. This second character does not have Stealth, but does have cover. Can it be targeted? Clearly, character #1 can not be attacked (unless the attacker has Accurate Shot or uses Force Sight, etc.) because it is not counted as the closest, but to split hairs, does that actually mean the other character is counted as the closest? Technically, that second character is not the closest, so it ordinarily couldn't be attacked- so, to sum up my question: does Stealth allow the next-closest character with cover to be attacked?

Oh, and if I missed an answer to this question somewhere, can someone please post a link to it?

Admiral Zaarin
5 May 2008, 06:13 PM
Yes, the second character is now the closest; for targeting purposes, the character with Stealth does not exist.

cheshire
6 May 2008, 07:02 AM
That actually bit one of my friends in the butt. He had two Bith Black Sun Vigos (both with stealth) adjacent to a Gonk Droid. The droid was giving them an additional attack, and since they both had twin attack, he was getting eight attacks per phase.

The problem was, that since they had stealth, I couldn't see them, but could see the Gonk Droid. The Biths wound up getting 'sploded by the self destruct.

It was highly satisfying.

Elvenshae
6 May 2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by cheshire
That actually bit one of my friends in the butt. He had two Bith Black Sun Vigos (both with stealth) adjacent to a Gonk Droid. The droid was giving them an additional attack, and since they both had twin attack, he was getting eight attacks per phase.

Just to make sure he was playing it right, the GONK can only affect one target at a time.

Accordingly, the activation order in round 1 would need to be Bith 1, Gonk, Bith 2; in round 2, it'd be Bith 2, GONK, Bith 1.

Was he doing that correctly?

cheshire
7 May 2008, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Elvenshae

Was he doing that correctly?

Apparently not. He's new to the game, and I forgot to look closely at the card.

Darth Vindictus
10 May 2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks, Admiral Zaarin - I figured that was how it worked, but I've been wrong before.

And thinking about the Bith Black Sun Vigos... if you put one in a Republic squad with the 4 Republic Commandos, and maybe Commander Bacara too... has anybody tried that yet? Is it any good?