PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Special Abilities and Force Powers

AParker
6 May 2008, 08:34 PM
Is there a decent resource pointing out how much Special Abilities and Force Powers might add to the cost of a character (when creating custom characters)?

For instance, what might the cost of this reasonably be (please note I made the Lightsaber Defence ability, I don't think the official mechanism is very inline with the movies, and evade is common enough):

Cost: ??
Attack: 14
Hit Points: 90
Damage: 20
Defence: 19

*** Special ***
Lightsaber Defence (When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)

Melee Attack; Double Attack

*** Force ***

Force 3

Force Renewal 1

Absorb Energy (Force 2: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11. Remove damage from this character equal to the prevented damage)

Force Leap (Force 1: This turn, this character can move through enemy characters without provoking attacks of opportunity)

Whirlwind Attack (Force 1, replaces turn: Can attack each adjacent enemy twice)
Cmdr:
n/a

Donovan Morningfire
7 May 2008, 03:24 AM
Nothing official of any stripe, but I recall seeing a few threads in the past over on the GleeMax boards in the SW Minis section with a lot of speculation on what the costs were.

Personally, I think WotC just uses a lot of guesswork as to what a figure should ultimately cost instead of any kind of hard'n'fast formula.

AParker
7 May 2008, 08:39 AM
In which case, have you any thought on a reasonable cost for that which I posted?

Sithspawn
7 May 2008, 10:36 AM
45 pts.

I've got a chart I use for making my own minis. It's not 100%, and I cannot take credit for it - I think someone off the WOTC boards made it. I've just altered costs and added powers over time to make it balance. Most official minis come very close.

CE'sI cost as follows;

Non-Unique Followers 4pts
Non-Unique Allies 5pts
Followers 6pts
Allies 7pts

-2pts for Range 6
-1pt for limited group efected (eg. Mandalorian, Order 66, Pilot, etc.)

Eg. Pilot Followers would be 5pts (6pts for Followers, -1 for Pilot), but only be 3pts if Range 6.

It's only a small Excel file. Drop me a PM with your e-mail address if you want a copy. B)

AParker
7 May 2008, 10:39 AM
I found this for calculating health, powers, force skills, etc:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=897802
and
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=15799306#post15799306

Seems pretty detailed. I get reasonable numbers using it (although I'm fairly new).

This spreadsheet you have sounds interesting. I'll send an e-mail.