PDA

View Full Version : Old WEG Miniatures Still Useful?

Ziric
6 July 2008, 08:23 AM
Hello all,

So I'm in the process of cleaning out my old gaming materials, and I have come across my old West End (D6) star wars books, adventures, and miniatures. While I might still like to have the books to read or use for ideas for my Saga edition games, I wonder about the miniatures.

I have a lot of the WotC miniatures now, and my group regularly uses these. As such, I don't seem to have a use for my old unpainted metal WEG miniatures.

I don't own a whole lot, though it was fine for the time; 6 of the old boxed sets (ie: Bounty Hunters, Rebel Characters, A New Hope, etc) that come with the stat sheets for the miniatures and a small box of other assorted extras from blister packs.

GIven I don't see myself getting around to painting these for fun, nor is it likely I'll be going back to a WEG star wars game anytime soon where I would for some reason not use the WotC miniatures, I'm wondering if there's a SW community out there that still collects these.

If I get a few replies saying people still use them, I'll see what I can do about finding a way to pass them along to someone to use them, rather than putting them with the rest of my junk in an attic or shed. If I get a bunch of replies that say no one uses, or even remembers them, I'll figure something else out.

So, before I decide if I keep, toss, or try to find someone who can use them, I wanted to get an idea if these are still helpful to anyone out there anymore.

Thanks for any comments.

Admiral Zaarin
6 July 2008, 09:26 AM
Can't say I use them, but anything Star Wars is collectible and probably fetches a pretty price on eBay. ;) A piece of flannel torn from the great Flanneled One's shirt is probably worth at least several million dollars. :P

cheshire
9 July 2008, 10:56 AM
I'm kind of surprised that no one else has chimed in on this one. I've often looked at them on eBay, but just haven't gotten around to ordering any. I love the old-school feel of pewter minis.

Sithspawn
10 July 2008, 08:18 AM
I never bought any of the WEG minis. I was contemplating it just before WOTC released the Star Wars Miniatures game, and I was sold on that.

I've tried painting figures in the past, and I'm useless. I've got the worst painted Warhammer Orc Horde ever. I just don't have the patience.

I've seen the WEG figures sell for varying prices on eBay. Unopend box sets go for the most, but not enough to make you rich.

Jame
30 July 2008, 01:24 PM
I use them occasionally, since I do more roleplaying than mini battling.

Of course, if you wanna give yours to me, I'd take them quite happily! ;)