PDA

View Full Version : The new "Books in the Rebellion Era" list

Deck
11 February 2009, 01:08 AM
<b>New books list</b>

Hello folks and fans of the Rebellion Era! Within the flood of new books, mainly in the "Rise of the Empire" and "New Republic" eras, there were also some additions to the Rebellion era. Below is the updated list of current and upcoming books. The Battle of Yavin indicates the year zero. Books are sorted by their chronological setting <i>after the Battle of Yavin</i> (ABY).

<hr>
<b>0 ABY</b>

Death Star
Deathtroopers
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
<i>Rebel Force series</i>
- Target
- Hostage
- Renegade
- Firefight
- Trapped
- Uprising

<b>0.5 ABY</b>

Allegiance

<b>1 ABY</b>

Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
<i>Galaxy of Fear series</i>
- Eaten Alive
- City of the Dead
- Planet Plague
- The Nightmare Machine
- Ghost of the Jedi
- Army of Terror
- The Brain Spiders
- The Swarm
- Spore
- The Doomsday Ship
- Clones
- The Hunger

<b>2 ABY</b>

Splinter of the Mind's Eye

<b>3 ABY</b>

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Tales of the Bounty Hunters

<b>3.5 ABY</b>

Shadows of the Empire

<b>4 ABY</b>

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Tales from Jabba's Palace
Tales from the Empire
Tales from the New Republic
<i>The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy</i>
- The Mandalorian Armor
- Slave Ship
- Hard Merchandise
The Truce at Bakura

<hr>
Please comment if you have something to add or correct.

Regards,

~ HiAd

Whill
13 July 2009, 12:25 PM
Rebel Force series
- Target
- Hostage
- Renegade
- Firefight

What can you tell me about these books? Aren't these for younger readers? What are they about/like?

linkstarwars
13 July 2009, 10:01 PM
Star Wars: Allegiance

Whill
7 August 2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Whill
Rebel Force series
- Target
- Hostage
- Renegade
- Firefight

What can you tell me about these books? Aren't these for younger readers? What are they about/like?

Anybody?

Grade
7 August 2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah, anyone? There are few of your fellow fans that are becoming desperate how bad the adult novels are getting, the only way out is young readers. ;) :D

Ris
12 August 2009, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Whill
Rebel Force series
- Target
- Hostage
- Renegade
- Firefight

I've not read them, but per Amazon.com they are for ages 9-12. However, I have read Scholastic's other SW titles for this age group and they are pretty good. I've used a couple of plotlines for SW games, even. As the series title suggests, they are Rebellion era, and the Amazon blurb says they focus on "Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, and a host of other heroes."

The biggest difference IMO is that they are much shorter. Story arcs that run over multiple books would probably be in a single adult SF/Fantasy novel, or more detailed Young Adult series like Harry Potter.

PhilDry
9 February 2010, 10:21 PM
Basically the plot is about an assassin sent out by a ruthless imperial commander to find out who destroyed the Death Star and kill that person

Ronin
31 July 2011, 06:46 PM
I see that Zahn has put out a story following on from Allegiance: Choices of One (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Choices_of_One).
I saw it in the bookstore yesterday but the price and size (hardback) was a bit prohibitive (the latter since I do most of my reading on very crowded trains). It's nice to see more books detailing events between the films. To be honest I'm more likely to pick up one of these than the various series which expand the SW universe forwards and backwards in time.

Grade
1 August 2011, 01:25 AM
Hi Ronin.

I already have that book, but i'm reading it when i go on vacation that would be later this month. Can't wait to read it.

PS: I bought mine on Amazon.co.uk

boccelounge
3 August 2011, 08:16 PM
By chance I saw the new Zahn book the same day you did, Ronin. And I had the same responses, i.e. I'd rather wait for the paperback, and I'd rather read a story like this than something that's set long before or long after the films.

And, importantly: it's Zahn. If EU fiction comprised just Zahn, most of WEG, and some of the 80's Marvel comics, I'd be a happy man. ;)

Typically, trade and pulp paperbacks arrive about a year after the initial hardcover release, so I guess we'll just have to wait it out...