PDA

View Full Version : Headlocks and Birthday Cakes!

BRodgers
7 March 2009, 06:44 AM
Wow, Eight YEARS?

Wow, itís already been eight years since RaptorSquad.Net has been up and running- thatís damn hard to believe! But true it is fiends!

This month marks our eight anniversary, and while we donít have much Star Wars related to throw at you, but rest assured that new material is in the works. For now though, Iím going to be showcasing one of several other RPG projects Iíve worked on in the past with my gaming group.
At the bottom of our page you will find a link to the OCW- Outlaw Championship Wrestling. This was a play-by-post wrestling game I ran back in 2007. My group and I had a lot of fun with it, though real life, other endeavors and simple time constraints ended it far before itís time had come.

The game itself involved players running wrestlers, or stables of wrestlers. Matches were held every week, with the outcome determined by a point system assigned to wrestling holds the players would pick for each grappler. Wrestlers would win ďmoneyĒ based on their performance in the ring that they could redeem for various prizes or advantages. Every Monday night the matches were posted in a weekly write-up, detailing the results in a play-by-play format.

Anyway, some entertaining material was created and I thought it would be fun to unveil it to the world for everyone to see. So, if you are into ďrasslinĒ it might be something you will want to check out.

Hope you enjoy and as always we love to hear your feedback!

Thanks for a GREAT EIGHT!!!

:D

Deck
7 March 2009, 07:39 AM
Congratulations Baron!

I am sure the community appreciates the effort of keeping the site up to date and running. Especially in times like today, where stand-alone RPG sites get more and more rare. Thus it's great to have some constant sources like your site. Keep it up!

~ HiAd

Grimace
7 March 2009, 08:20 AM
Congratulations and great job on 8 years! It's good to see that you're still kicking, still got your head in the game one way or another, and still got your eyes to the horizon in terms of what's in store. Looking forward to more years, more ideas and more great stuff from Raptor Squad!

BRodgers
7 March 2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the well wishes guys!

I'm currently working on getting new stuff done for the RS site as well as running a monthly fantasy D6 game for my current group, so I'm still fully immersed in roleplaying even if it seems like I've been slacking off.

Hopefully I'll be posting new stuff as the week wear on, so keep your eyes open!

:)

BRodgers
21 March 2009, 11:38 AM
Heya folks! my wife, Elfgirl, has just created a fantastic anniversary gift for the Raptor Squad site!

It is now gracing the front page, and I couldn't be happier with it!

Thanks honey!

You can see it by heading over to:

<a href="http://www.Raptorsquad.Net"></a>

Enjoy!!!

BRodgers
21 March 2009, 02:57 PM
Whoops!

Sorry folks...we had a malfunction on the site but everything is fixed now and the new anniversary pic is back up...uh, everything's under control...situation normal....we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

:D