PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a few rules clarifications

Admiral Zaarin
11 March 2009, 02:27 PM
1. If a character has loner, do walls count as "within 6 squares"?

2. I would like some serious clarifications of kouhun infestation, which seems to be a really game-breaking special ability (read: my friend has two ASN assassin droids :mad: ). So, what does "within 12 squares regardless of line of sight" mean? Can it go through walls? Do doors have to be open?

Thanks. :)

Elvenshae
12 March 2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Zaarin
1. If a character has loner, do walls count as "within 6 squares"?

Any time you count range, you count around walls. So, the Character below would not benefit from Loner:

. .|. .
. .|. .
. .|. .
. .|. .
. A|C .
. .|. .
. . . .

His Ally is within 6 squares, because you can count the range around the corner of the wall ("|").

2. I would like some serious clarifications of kouhun infestation, which seems to be a really game-breaking special ability (read: my friend has two ASN assassin droids :mad: ). So, what does "within 12 squares regardless of line of sight" mean? Can it go through walls? Do doors have to be open?

You must be able to count range between the user of KI and the target. As above, you always count around walls when determining range.

Moreover, Kouhoun Infestation still follows all the normal targeting rules (other than the LOS check). That means that you cannot target a character with cover (and if it's behind a wall, it almost certainly has cover!) unless it's the closest enemy to the KI user.

Admiral Zaarin
12 March 2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks! :D

Admiral Zaarin
25 March 2009, 12:16 PM
Another question: Does twin attack apply to AoOs?

Elvenshae
26 March 2009, 07:05 PM
Twin Attack applies whenever you make an attack (roll d20, add Attack, compare against Defense, and do Damage).

So, it doesn't work for things like Grenades or Force Lightning, but it does apply to AoOs, Blaster Barrage, Double Attack, etc.