PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Map Sets

Admiral Zaarin
3 April 2009, 01:48 PM
Saw this on Wizards today and thought I'd bring it up:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/MapPack1

Looks interesting. Could always use a few new maps, though its "The Crystal Caves of Ilum" that's caught my attention. :)

cheshire
3 April 2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I forgot those were coming out this month. This looks like a great thing for the game. People are always looking to get a hold of new maps.

I would probably pick this up, but I'm about ready to go through some life changes and I'm starting to wonder if I'll be playing the game in 6 months.

Donovan Morningfire
6 April 2009, 07:07 AM
Wow, shows how little attention I pay to SW minis releases these days, as I didn't even know this was coming out.

Sithspawn
6 April 2009, 07:39 AM
I pulled all three images from Amazon.

http://www.ugavine.com/swmini_soon.htm

My local shop assures me he can get them, I do hope so.

cheshire
7 April 2009, 03:53 AM
You folks will have to let me know how the new map packs are. I was usually on the hunt for new maps. If I hear that they've got a must-have, I'll probably pick it up. But for the now, I think I've got a good stash of maps.

Though, for some reason I keep going back to that old Death Star map. It's just so great for both melee and shooters.

Sithspawn
7 April 2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by cheshire
Though, for some reason I keep going back to that old Death Star map. It's just so great for both melee and shooters.

Only problem with the Death Star map is that you cannot play any Huge on it, well none of the 'Rigid' ones.

For the last few weeks I've been using Map Pack 2 by JediCartographer over on Wizards forums. Artwork is great, they're pretty balanced and huge friendly.

Admiral Zaarin
7 April 2009, 09:49 AM
I like Huge-friendly. :D My friend fears my tank squad of Blizzard Scout 1, AT-ST, AT-KT, and TIE Crawler. :P

cheshire
8 April 2009, 08:57 AM
Oh yeah, it's TERRIBLE for huge. I'll play the Ossus map if I'm looking for a huge-oriented map. It's really bad for melee vs. shooters, but it's just fine if you want an open map for huges.