PDA

View Full Version : Survival of Saga Edition

Thomas
27 January 2010, 09:17 PM
Ok so I've been hearing rumours of Saga potentially ending after Unknown Regions and Rodney being reassigned on the WotC forums, does anybody have any new info?

Master Dao Rin
28 January 2010, 08:31 AM
I doubt we'll be getting any new info. I'm sure Rodney is contractually obligated not to say anything.

But, I'll let you connect the dots however you wish with the information we do have at our fingertips.

I could see them doing a sourcebook for the new MMO videogame by BioWare coming out next year. On the other hand, SAGA has had a good run, and it really doesn't need much else ... except maybe an Alien Species compendium or some such.

Rodney, we DO need that. Seriously. Dude, I want the SAGA versions of Verpine and Wol Cabbashytes*. :)

*stupid internet filter

Thomas
28 January 2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah I pretty much figured that WotC won't tell us anything on this until it's too late. For the most part, I'm curious what they'll do with the Star Wars license once they're done with Saga. I'd like to see them let it go so another company, say WEG, can work on it but I can see them holding on to it for the minis line and/or so nobody else can profit from it. As for the Verpine, I think they can be found in Fandom's Clone Wars supplements.

Grimace
28 January 2010, 04:33 PM
Well it has already been announced that WOTC will no longer be carrying the Star Wars line. They are not renewing the license.

So Star Wars D20 roleplaying and, I believe, minis are going the way of the Do-Do bird.

Master Dao Rin
28 January 2010, 08:27 PM
Well, as of April, all Star Wars RPGs are do-do. Well, except, of course, *our* games.

I can't see it being revived either, despite what the official site says. We'll see.

Grade
29 January 2010, 09:02 AM
Well despite being my opinion that this type of games will only continue to survive by the users of these forums as well others including wizards even if they decided not to release anymore books, I would like more books that has more information about the planets.

What i mean is books like Geonosis and the Outer Rim words, and Coruscant and the Core Worlds.

I do agree that Ultimate Alien Anthology is required at least for SAGA edition.

But what eagerly want is books about planets at least one that is about planets that show in the movies at least.

Grade
24 February 2010, 06:02 AM
So basically from my understanding the Unknown Regions book will be last book being released from Wizards.

This is a sad, sad time.

It seems I won't get information about Naboo and Tatooine aside from Secrets and Wookiepedia (which the info is little chaotic in regards of Naboo).