PDA

View Full Version : Kenobi's saber

Ronin
25 May 2011, 06:19 AM
It just struck me earlier today: I've never heard any mention of Obi-Wan's lightsaber after he is struck down by Vader aboard the first Death Star.

I know Luke's first - which was lost on Bespin - eventually found it's way into the hands of Luuke (a fact I found a little unbelievable but, buried in the midst of a good trilogy, I was willing to forgive and forget), but was Kenobi's simply forgotten about?

Grimace
25 May 2011, 09:31 AM
A relic from a time forgotten, placed into special holding aboard the Death Star and subsequently blow to smithereens over Yavin.

Not much left to find.

I guess if you really wanted to stetch the bounds of believability you could say that Darth Vader had the lightsaber shipped off the Death Star to his citadel (Bast Castle) there to be left until found. That particular information is found on the Wookieepedia under Bast Castle.

Whatever works better for your game.

Seghast
25 May 2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Grimace
A relic from a time forgotten, placed into special holding aboard the Death Star and subsequently blow to smithereens over Yavin.

Not much left to find.

I guess if you really wanted to stetch the bounds of believability you could say that Darth Vader had the lightsaber shipped off the Death Star to his citadel (Bast Castle) there to be left until found. That particular information is found on the Wookieepedia under Bast Castle.

Whatever works better for your game.

Instead of his personal citadel, I would go with Vader shipping it to the Emperor as proof that one of the greatest Jedi and war heroes to emerge from the Clone Wars was finally dead; after all, didn't Palpatine keep a "trophy room" of sorts containing relics that belonged to many of the greats?

Vanger Chevane
26 May 2011, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Seghast
Instead of his personal citadel, I would go with Vader shipping it to the Emperor as proof that one of the greatest Jedi and war heroes to emerge from the Clone Wars was finally dead; after all, didn't Palpatine keep a "trophy room" of sorts containing relics that belonged to many of the greats?

What I understand from X-Wing: Krytos Trap where Corran Horn stumbles into this area after escaping Ysanne Isard's Mind Warping / Prison section of the SSD Lusankya buried beneath Coruscant cityscape after the Rebellion Liberation, this is a part of the old Galactic Museum of the Republic dedicated to the Jedi.

After the Clone Wars, Order 66, and Palpatine's declaration of Galactic Empire & the New Order, he had it sealed off from the public and it became his private Sith playground.

I can see having Kenobi's Lightsabre being sent to Palps as proof & bragging rights, but AFAIK everything in the Galactic Museum Jedi section seems to be Clone Wars and older. If one were to find Kenobi's Lightsabre, IMHO it'd be hidden deeply somewhere in the Imperial Palace...or on his Imperial Escape Craft, the SSD Lusankya.

I think it'd be rather funny if General Antilles were accidentally discover it in his quarters while deployed on a mission somewhere. Luke did mention that on most Imperial Security scans, a Lightsabre would be easily confused with something far more common, like an electric razor.

I can see Wedge having a muzzy morning after a late night of planning and/or agonizing how to tell someone's next-of-kin their loved one has died under his command (typical Wedge, that).

Being all >__< and fumbling round the sink, more asleep than awake & working by feel instead of opening his oh-so-heavy eyelids:

"Where did I put that blasted shaver?"
click-vzzzzzzzmmmmm
8o "Not...my...shaver..."

Sometime later, talking with Luke, Ackbar, Airen Cracken, or some other Important Person about it:

"I understand you found a Lightsabre in the Lusankya's Flag Quarters?"
"I was trying to find my shaver. Almost shaved my nose off with it."
"Interesting, I wonder whose it was?"
"We know Lusankya belonged to the Emperor and was given to Ysanne Isard. With the blue blade, I don't think it belonged to either of them."

:P

This might make a fun prologue or hook, since Master Skywalker would likely be easily able to ID it as Obi-Wan's.

There may be something else stashed in the same space beside it, or info hidden on/in it left behind by Kenobi (or a throne-level Imperial since it passed through their hands) that has to be checked, sending your PC's off onto your adventure. ;)