PDA

View Full Version : Article: Biocombustion

TC-3
15 March 2002, 12:20 PM
This thread is for comments on the entry entitled "<a href="http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=44f83adb7a880bca220f42508d9f0966&id=350" target="_blank" title="This link will open in a new window.">Biocombustion (Force Skill)</a>" located on SWRPGNetwork. Please post your comment on this entry below using the "Post Thread" button; you may also post a comment via a link from the entry itself.

Thomas
15 March 2002, 12:20 PM
Any Jedi that uses this particular power in combat would get a Dark Side point and realistically would also take damage

Unregistered
25 May 2002, 02:54 PM
He woudn't get a Dark Side point if he is trying to stop from killing others. Also, it could be used as a warning...

Hun
3 June 2002, 08:24 PM
HE should not get a DS point, this could be used to prevent having to kill someone, or to save lives.

A Rebel Terriost is going to kill several civs, and a force user snaps out of his brian-washed haze, and move to stop the exicution. However, he commander reachs to stop him, grabing him on the shoulder.

By using this he could make himself to hot to handle, and not delay in saving the civs

Ronan Ap Llyr
4 July 2002, 03:45 AM
So if I use force grip to kill a terrorist before he kills innocent people I don't get any dark side point? Be fair, a power like this is not intended to prevent any fight, it's just do more damage to a fist fight..You don't end a fight by burning people you know.

Lucas Carr
31 March 2003, 08:53 AM
No matter why a Jedi uses Force Grip, he will gain a a Dark Side Point, there is no way to use Force Grip without the Dark Side. Force Strike on the other hand only grants the user a Dark Side point if he use it on a living target (or something like that). Perhaps that would apply to this skill too?

Vanger Chevane
31 March 2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Thomas
Any Jedi that uses this particular power in combat would get a Dark Side point and realistically would also take damage

Not necessarily. Consider the rebellion on Hoth...being stuck out in the middle of Frozen Nowhere with a Force-user who can turn themselves into something of a heater can very well save someone's life if they're suffering from Exposure or Hypothermia.

Codym
31 March 2003, 04:51 PM
I dunno about this one. The stats a reasonably balanced and all, but this still sounds cheesy, not very Jedi like, and one I wouldn't even concider allowing it in a game. Concidering the description (increasing damage inflicted upon another through the Force, and by burning them no less,) it should recieve a Darkside point, in combat at least.

Vega Secure'A
21 September 2003, 11:19 PM
How long does it last though? I have a force warrior who is using it and lasts a number of rounds equal to his force user level, like the force weapon of the Force Adept.

Thomas
25 January 2006, 08:03 PM
While I agree with the concept of using this power for non lethal purposes, i.e. staring a fire to save a person from hypothermia, if they use it in combat, like it says in the description, they are using the Force for attack and get a DSP for it. Also wouldn't the pryokenisis force power be better suited to starting a fire?

Thomas
19 April 2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Lucas Carr
No matter why a Jedi uses Force Grip, he will gain a a Dark Side Point, there is no way to use Force Grip without the Dark Side. Force Strike on the other hand only grants the user a Dark Side point if he use it on a living target (or something like that). Perhaps that would apply to this skill too?

I was checking out the Jedi Counseling section of the Wizards of the coast website and they have an official erreta about Force Strike and getting dsps, I think Force Grip might have been mentioned as well. Unfortunately I can't remember WHICH issue it was in :o so here's the link
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/jedicouncilarchive

Moridin
19 November 2012, 01:29 PM
You can view the page at http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/content.php?187-Biocombustion