PDA

View Full Version : First stand-alone 'Star Wars' movie to star Yoda

stoic_75
5 February 2013, 06:48 PM
http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/paralleluniverse-blog.aspx?feat=e9b950bd-40e9-4d33-85ce-434b3486ef8d

This could be good but only if Frank Oz protrays Yoda.

Sarge
5 February 2013, 09:31 PM
I don't care how "limited" muppets are; CGI Yoda just leaves me cold. I'd rather watch muppet Yoda bang on R2 with a stick than see CGI Yoda do spinning back flips with a lightsabre.

Seghast
5 February 2013, 09:37 PM
According to the update, the only thing that is confirmed is the notion of stand-alone movies; Yoda has not been identified as the subject nor has anyone else.

Personally, I don't care for the idea of a Yoda-only movie; he's the kind of character that, in my eyes, is best left unexplored further because the less we know about him and his past, the more mystical and sage-like he appears. I'm terrified of the notion that they may want to show us a young, adventurous Yoda or something like that.

IGN had an article on the stand-alone films as well and something they said there really caught my eye.

Iger would not confirm, deny or comment further on any of the Star Wars characters who might get their own standalone movies. Everyone from Yoda to Boba Fett to a Seven Samurai-style Jedi team film have been rumored as candidates for possible Star Wars spin-off movies.I would love to see a Star Wars version of Seven Samurai; maybe I'm crazy, but I think that would be far more interesting than a Yoda or Fett movie.

Sarge
6 February 2013, 09:39 AM
I would love to see a Star Wars version of Seven Samurai; maybe I'm crazy, but I think that would be far more interesting than a Yoda or Fett movie.

Well, you can always watch Battle Beyond The Stars. :P :D

Ronin
6 February 2013, 10:31 PM
I just read the news myself.
One interesting point I’m sure (I hope!) they’d cover in a Yoda film is about the Dark Side cave. A decent story about the little green one could really go into depth about him and his eventual choice of Dagobah as a refuge. If only it's done well!

I’d be interested in a Boba Fett story which threw out all the EU-background for him. And I mean a pre-ROTJ story. Leave him in the Sarlacc’s belly.

wolverine
7 February 2013, 01:54 PM
Though i wouldn't mind something more on Yoda/fett's past, i would much rather them do someone less 'in the spotlight'.. like wedge antillies, garm bell iblis, or heck even gen cracken.

Grimace
7 February 2013, 04:14 PM
I'd rather they NOT do highlights on a single character. What made the original Star Wars movies more enjoyable was the interaction between the characters. A smuggler, a farmboy, a princess, and old timer, accompanied by a wookiee copilot and a pair of cantankerous droids. Focusing too much on just one character is going to make the movie blow big hairy chunks by turning it into a "me-fest". "Me" (whomever that may be) will be the most important, with the other characters as simple tag-alongs. Then there won't be much character development and the show will have to rely solely on special effects. *BAM* You've got the prequels all over again.

I really hope this particular rumor turns out NOT to be true.

Sithspawn
19 February 2013, 02:23 PM
It was the news that there may be a Boba Fett movie that made me shiver. Really? The guy has two lines and gets killed by a blind man with a stick. Worst. Bounty Hunter. Ever.

I'd seriously prefer a Jar Jar Binks movie to a Boba Fett one.

Sarge
19 February 2013, 06:40 PM
I'd seriously prefer a Jar Jar Binks movie to a Boba Fett one.

Mesa thinkin that yousa betta be careful what to be wishin for, Sithspawn. :P

Whill
21 February 2013, 10:04 PM
It was the news that there may be a Boba Fett movie that made me shiver. Really? The guy has two lines and gets killed by a blind man with a stick. Worst. Bounty Hunter. Ever.

Exactly! Boba Fett is a joke. He only looked cool. It was just the great potential for all the cool stuff our imaginations could dream up that he might do... until he flails wildly and screams while flying uncontrollably through the air, bouncing off the sail barge and rolling into the Sarlacc. Boba literally goes out with a burp. Thinking he was going to be such a bad@ss made the laugh more effective. Boba Fett's ultimate dramatic purpose was comedy.

Now Jango was the bounty hunter Boba always wished he could be. Everyone can hate on Lucas all you want, but there's no denying that the man could do action well and did with Jango. The revelation that Boba is a clone was fitting for his role in RotJ. Jango is the real deal, while Boba is just a wannabe.

Grimace
22 February 2013, 06:26 AM
Well, Boba Fett *did* manage to track and prepare the trap for Han Solo and crew. So he wasn't totally inept.

I do, however, agree that we don't need a movie centered around him. We don't need a movie centered around ANY character that's been done and over-done by the books already. Move on to new characters!