PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the Rim module

hisham
12 June 2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/StarWarsRPG/edge-of-the-empire/adventures/beyond-the-rim/SWE05-book-left.png

Upcoming module from Fantasy Flight Games after the release of the core rulebook. (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4180)

Beyond the Rim is a full-length adventure in three acts that carries players from the bustling, hub-and-spoke space station known as the Wheel all the way to the surface of a deadly jungle planet at the edge of Wild Space. In this epic tale of exploration, your characters will seek fame, fortune, and opportunities to repay old debts. You’ll dodge Imperials, explore distant worlds, run into rival parties, confront new adversaries, and uncover decades-old secrets from the Clone Wars. The ninety-six pages of Beyond the Rim contain enough material to make veterans out of new characters, or heroes out of veterans, and optional hooks for extended campaigns allow GMs to make further use of the book’s fleshed-out setting and NPCs.

Whill
15 July 2013, 05:22 PM
That's not hardback, is it, Hish?

coldskier0320
15 July 2013, 07:37 PM
That's not hardback, is it, Hish?

That picture looks hardback to me...

hisham
16 July 2013, 02:25 AM
Aye. It doesn't say in the article, but that does look like a hardcover.

Ardent
19 July 2013, 06:42 AM
It's supposed to be a campaign, not just an adventure, if I've heard correctly. Probably a pretty sizable piece of work.

cheshire
21 September 2013, 03:50 AM
Okay, so the book was released earlier this week. Has anyone had a chance to look at it or see how it plays?

red5_5
25 September 2013, 02:02 PM
Okay, so the book was released earlier this week. Has anyone had a chance to look at it or see how it plays?

I just received my copy of Beyond the Rim. I haven't had a chance to read through it yet, but the production quality is outstanding. As soon as I get through the rulebook and this module, I will post more of my thoughts.

Donovan Morningfire
29 December 2013, 05:45 PM
It's supposed to be a campaign, not just an adventure, if I've heard correctly. Probably a pretty sizable piece of work.

It's more of a prolonged adventure, broken up into three parts, with each part being a different setting.

I've not read it in detail (mostly as I correctly suspected the GM of the campaign I'm in would be running it), but it looks pretty solid overall.