PDA

View Full Version : N*SYNC in E2

Sherman Shipyards
3 January 2002, 11:34 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have sad news. For those of you that have not heard, TheForce.net (http://www.theforce.net) reports that N*sync in going to be be Star Wars E2. I must say that I am glad the boys are SW fans, that I hope they end up on the cutting room floor. Who knows we may get lucky and they'll kill Jar Jar. :D (not likely):(

REG
4 January 2002, 12:01 AM
I got the terrible news on Wednesday, January 2.

Remind me never to have kid, not even to adopt one, much less two daughters. 8o

If they do appear even if a cameo, then I prefer Jar Jar Bink to take them all out. Then, and only then, can I accept that clumsy Gungan character.

What's next? Boy George listen to his youngest child and add Barney in the third film? :rolleyes:

Krad-edis
4 January 2002, 07:56 AM
ENSYNC should go nicely with Hayden Christensen. They all look like brothers.:D

Mad Tech
4 January 2002, 08:51 AM
Oh, but wait! The news is in fact good! Many of us will get to witness one of our fondest dreams. We get to see N'Sync DIE! Yep! The Flacid Five are supposed to be Jedi during the big final battle and are killed by battle droids. WOO-HOO! :D

Mad Tech

Donovan Morningfire
4 January 2002, 10:22 AM
As long as we're doing wishful thinking, maybe in the film Padme will start getting googly-eyed at N*STYNK, and Anakin will show signs of his impeding fall to the Dark Side by Force Gripping the whole lot of them. That or turn them into boy-band filet with his lightsaber :D

Rigil Kent
4 January 2002, 10:35 AM
What the heck are you talking about? Those punks are obviously agents of Darth Sidious. :D

FlipDog 2000
4 January 2002, 12:51 PM
Maybe they're just there to show that there are gay boy bands in that universe...perhaps they will be blown to bits by a thermal detonator...or a wookie will pull their arms off...

Death to the WANKERS:mad:

REG
4 January 2002, 01:32 PM
Maybe they're just there to show that there are gay boy bands in that universe...
Justin Timberlake is gay? Are you telling me that Britney Spears is really a man dressed in schoolgirl uniform? 8o

And as for those who think it's a good thing because they will get blown up or killed in the battle ... I don't give a rancor's ass. Their very presence in Star Wars, even for 1 nanosecond, is more than enough for me to turn my back on Star Wars forever.

Midi, midi, midi, midi, midichlorian...
I want to know, I've got to know
If you're wanna come, you gonna have to be like me
A Jedi Knight, with saber of light...

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
4 January 2002, 04:01 PM
Oh well, at least some movies CAN live up to their hype without going soft (*cough* Fellowship of the Ring *cough*). And also, now I know why people have given up their faith in Star Wars, though at least (according to what I read) it wasn't George's doing and it might be edited out.

Krad-edis
4 January 2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Mad Tech
Oh, but wait! The news is in fact good! Many of us will get to witness one of our fondest dreams. We get to see N'Sync DIE! Yep! The Flacid Five are supposed to be Jedi during the big final battle and are killed by battle droids. WOO-HOO! :D

Well that isn't too bad. At least they buy it in the end. I can't beleive Lucas allowed them to be in his movies though. Must be a ploy to get pre-teen girls interested in Star Wars.

REG
4 January 2002, 11:34 PM
You want to get girls turn on to Star Wars? Promote Hayden as a teen idol.

If they can do that with Mark Hamill when Star Wars IV: A New Hope came out in the late 70's, they can do that with Hayden today.

Casting N'SYNC -- and I don't care if the boy band made the request, or Lucas' two adopted preteen daughters who worshipped the boy band asking "daddy" -- is going to send the wrong, and I dare say, insulting message to longtime Star Wars fans.

Paul Klein
5 January 2002, 05:20 AM
Why REG? Becuase you hate them? Therefore Lucas is basically saying a big F.U. to all the fans?

What if I think Natalie Portman is the WORST actress in the world? Then could think Lucas is basically sending an insulting message to longtime Star Wars fans?

Jesus dude calm the F. down.

Are you jealous that they're in it and you're not?

Are you afraid they'll break into a lightsaber propped dance routine? Of course they won't. You'll be lucky to even glimpse them.

I don't mean to sound so harsh, but you need to CHILL OUT. It is really NO BIG DEAL AT ALL!! It's a movie. A movie with 5 extras in it that happen to be in a boy band. Who the hell cares?

PS: For the record, I don't like N*Sync's music, but that's my preferance. I have nothing against the boys at all, it's just they don't play what I listen to.

PPS: Lucas had NOTHING to do with they're being extras. If you hate it so much, blame that poser Rick McCallum. Lucas never authorized it, never even shot them acting (as Lucas has nothing to do with extra "crowd shots") and dare I say didn't even know about this until all this hooplah began?

REG
5 January 2002, 12:43 PM
Why REG? Becuase you hate them? Therefore Lucas is basically saying a big F.U. to all the fans?
I don't hate them. They're very popular in their own right. In fact, too popular. They're all over the place. So is Star Wars just another place to paste their face on it? What's next, a Moulin Rouge: N'SYNC edition DVD?

Oh, wait. Lord of the Rings: The Boy Band of the Ring movie.

N'SYNC condom? N'SYNC suppository? What else we don't have N'SYNC on? N'SYNC feminine pad? I mean who isn't a girl with hormone would fantasize sitting on Lance Bass' face?

What's wrong with getting unknown, especially boy hotties better looking than N'SYNC?

dragonseye
5 January 2002, 12:56 PM
Sherman,

That's funny 'cause the rumor I heard was that supposedly GL's daughter begged for the Backdoor boys... ummm sorry... the Backstreet Boys to be in EP2.

We can only hope that neither is true. :raised:

elquemis
5 January 2002, 01:05 PM
I've heard all this stuff too, but are you guys absolutely certain that this is confirmed, and not just some internet rumor?

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
5 January 2002, 01:24 PM
Read this. (http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/lc/20020103/en/_nsync_might_appear_in_star_wars_episode_ii__1.html)

elquemis
5 January 2002, 01:28 PM
Hmm, actually appears to be good news...they will hardly be visible and the scene may be cut anyway. :)

Mad Tech
5 January 2002, 06:44 PM
I suppose nothing is TRULY confirmed until EP2 hits the theaters, but the rumor has been confirmed. At least is is rumored to be confirmed. Or something like that.
And I think I like the idea of N*Sync suppositories. I'd sure use them. Then I could say that I DO give a $#!+ for N*Sync. :D

Mad Tech

Paul Klein
6 January 2002, 05:04 AM
Also think of it this way...

Can you recognize the guys from N*SYNC by face? if you cannot, then you shouldn;t give a flying frick if they're in the movie.

If you can... well I'm sorry but you know too much :p

Superdog
6 January 2002, 11:28 AM
Wasn't it also said the Celine Don might be in Ep2 on the musical side of things? I thought I remember reading that on theforce.net a while back?

Corsair
6 January 2002, 04:52 PM
I have no idea what NotInSync look like and dont much care ... they are basically gonna be extras .. but hey .. if the scene gets cut even better. What I would like to see is them getting CUT DOWN by blaster fire or a lightsaber .. I would cheer if I saw that. Hehe. Im a sadistic one arent I. :D B)

REG
6 January 2002, 10:47 PM
Then how you're going to know? Even if you're sadistic, you have to identify their faces before you can get some enjoyment out of it.

Now, unless you're bringing your 14-year-old high school girlfriend to help point out who is Justin or Lance, the sadist in you will not get any satisfaction of seeing N'SYNC being killed.

Nova Spice
7 January 2002, 04:48 PM
All I can say, is I hope that they are not shown. I couldnt tell you what they look like, but others could and it would just ruin part of the movie, knowing the "all boy band" dudes were in the movie. It is scary. It really is.

Its a sad day for STAR WARS....those dudes are invading GL's masterpiece! :mad: :mad:

Sithspawn
9 January 2002, 02:14 AM
To be honest I have no idea what N*SYNC look like so wouldn't notice them in the movie anyway.

Besides, I'm not really fan of Ewan, especially after some of his recent anti-SW & anti-SW fans comments. IMHO it's better to have Star Wars fans in the movie. I mean, whether you can act or not, I doubt there's a person on these boards who would turn down a part in Star Wars if it was offered.

I'm going to watch AOTC and make my own decision (I'll most likely love it) but will not let the actors put me off the love of my life, Pizza, err no, STAR WARS B)

REG
9 January 2002, 06:07 PM
I heard some of his comments, and they're not anti in terms of "Gawd! Why did I sign up for this stupid movie, much less 3?!?!!" But I did hear him one time defending George Lucas' decision to use Jar Jar Bink

(Jar Jar Bink ... if that's not anti-Star Wars, I don't know what is? Oh, yeah. I forgot about N'Sync for a moment.)

AFAIC, Ewan is a great actor. He is a second generation to cast in Star Wars (I think his uncle is the actor who played Wedge?). And he seems to be putting some distance with any of his earlier comments, not caring to repeat.

Of course, the Star Wars purists will never let him forget that.

Thank goodness, I have the tolerant attitude of a Star Trek fan. :D We can forgive Shatner for his "Get A Life!" comment in an SNL sketch. We even forgive Nimoy for writing a book titled, "I Am Not Spock" with some deragotory statements about his character, the show, and fans in general.

wolfe
10 January 2002, 04:04 AM
Well,I guess this says it :
NSync scene dropped from Star Wars film

NSync say they have been dropped from the new Star Wars movie.

Joey Fatone rang a Florida radio station to say the scene has been scrapped.

He told the Carson Radio Show on 93.3 FLZ it was because people were making a big deal about it.

Fatone said the band had visited the set of Attack Of The Clones and were going to do a small scene.

He said: "I'm going to make it officially known they dropped it because people made a big deal about it.

"We're not going to be in it and I'm not going to comment on it any more."

Star Wars fans voiced their dismay at the group's appearance, on websites like www.TheForce.net.

Story filed: 12:17 Thursday 10th January 2002

Donovan Morningfire
10 January 2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by wolfe
Well,I guess this says it :
NSync scene dropped from Star Wars film

NSync say they have been dropped from the new Star Wars movie.

Joey Fatone rang a Florida radio station to say the scene has been scrapped.

He told the Carson Radio Show on 93.3 FLZ it was because people were making a big deal about it.

Fatone said the band had visited the set of Attack Of The Clones and were going to do a small scene.

He said: "I'm going to make it officially known they dropped it because people made a big deal about it.

"We're not going to be in it and I'm not going to comment on it any more."

Star Wars fans voiced their dismay at the group's appearance, on websites like www.TheForce.net.

Story filed: 12:17 Thursday 10th January 2002
Let me be one of the first to say,
YAAHOOOOOOOOO!

Granted, I wouldn't be too upset if they included Britney Spears in a non-speaking cameo wearing Leia's slave girl outfit, but that's just me :D

Durian Keldrona
10 January 2002, 09:54 AM
Look Instant Karma

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/nickcarter1.shtml

VixenofVenus
10 January 2002, 10:39 AM
I don't really care who has a cameo in E2. As long as they don't detract from the storyline. It's fine to me that Lucas' kids each have a non-speaking cameo in E2.

If the three N'Sync members were just extras in the background . . . I don't give a hoot. I won't be looking at the faces in the background . . . I'll be watching the story and the action . . . and I think their reason for pulling the scene out is bogus too. The 'too much hype' excuse is BS. If they wanted to be in E2, they should have known there would have been hype.

Cameos are cool if you ask me . . . since most people would give up a body part or two for a shot of themselves in one of the new Star Wars movies . . . I don't doubt that those in Hollywood are pulling every string possible for a cameo in the new movies . . . heck, look at Samuel L Jackson.

REG
11 January 2002, 05:22 PM
But Samuel L. Jackson is a well-known actor. And film is one of the vehicle for actors, even if it just a cameo.

But if you tell a bunch of horny, midriff-exposed teenaged girls that Samuel L. Jackson is going to be a full-time member of N'SYNC, they're going to throw a fit. :D

Then again, young girls usually go after mature men and let's face it ... Samuel L. Jackson is mature ... and experienced ... and he's bald. B)

Plus he got a good stage nickname ... Shaft.

Donovan Morningfire
11 January 2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by REG
Plus he got a good stage nickname ... Shaft.]
Why am I suddenly reminded of an MTV VMA commercial (for the VMA Samuel L. Jackson hosted). Specifically a spoof 70's movie called Black Cat, Big Bat :D

Oddly enough, was dialing thru radio stations an hour or so aga, and one of the Top 40 stations had the "sad news" that N*STYNK were chopped from EpII. There were a bunch of teenaged girls that were upset. So I decided (on a lark) to call in, somehow got through, and was able to speak on behalf of many of my fellow Holonetters about the boy band's scene getting the ax (DJ was none to thrilled). Any rate, I turn up the volume after I hang up the phone, and a few moments later I hear myself, on the air. So the Truth is out there :D

(Granted, I probably pissed off a lot of teenie-boppers with what I said, but last I checked, America allowed you to express your thoughts freely.)

REG
11 January 2002, 10:21 PM
You're brave, Donovan. Not many sensible individual can stand up against a sea of teeny-boppers. My experience in my youth taught me that (tried to go against a bunch of Menudo fans and got the scar to show for it).

P.S. What's VMA? I'm talking about his Shaft movie that came out the same summer as Ep I. I was hoping he makes more Shaft sequels.

Donovan Morningfire
12 January 2002, 07:43 AM
I don't know if I'd quite call it sensible. More like ... suicide ;)

I think the DJ was in such shock that someone would badmouth a "popular" boy band that there wasn't much of a discussion. Besides, there's no real reasoning with teenie-boppers, aside from the large caliber variety of persuasion, but that falls into the category of blatantly illegal. :DC:\My Documents\My Pictures\Devil Smiley.gif

VMA = Video Music Awards, though actually now that I think more about it, the commercial was probably MTV's Movie Awards special.

Fred Getce
16 January 2002, 08:11 PM
Funny. Amend is on our side.

Donovan Morningfire
17 January 2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Fred Getce
Funny. Amend is on our side.
ROTFLMAO :D

"And behold, for the end times are at hand when those unholy avatars of Lucifer known as N*SYNC are placed within the second chapter of the modern Holy Trinity of the Great Flanneled One. And the knell of the impending Apocalypse shall be the sound of thousands of their disciples, known as the teeny-boppers." :D
C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Devil Smiley.gif

(the Holy Trinity is a long running joke between I and my friends, since that' how I often refer to the original Star Wars films :D )

DirkGreystoke
17 January 2002, 10:32 AM
I realize that a lot of people were upset by this whole situation, but c'mon. I hate N'Sync as much as the next sesible person. But after all, they love star wars just like you or I. Can we really fault Lucas or Rick McCallum for being nice and letting somone who loves star wars be in the film? I cannot. If they stood in the background noone would notice them. Hell, half the public missed ET in Episode I, and that was pretty obvious. Besides, if I had a chance to visit the set of Star Wars and put on a Jedi robe and stand in the background I would do it. I would also find it very unsettling that people would not let me do that just because they did not like my profession. Star Wars is a great story because it is about people rising above their feelings and accomplishing something great. A lot of fans could learn a thing or two from the films.

Fred Getce
17 January 2002, 11:05 AM
I personally do not hate N*SYNC (I like one or two of their love songs but I am a gooshy hopeless romantic).

Truth is a lot of the hate by SW fans has more to do with jealousy.

They are a boy band that made good, so what?

What if my database program is excepted by the Ohio State Board for nursing and I make 200 million a year doing nothing but tech support? I than use my new found status to work my way into the celebrity spot light (Don't worry though I'm to practical for that).

The truth is BECAUSE N*SYNC is famous, has connections, money and the celebrity pull they have a 99.9% chance to get a cameo in the Star Wars films.

While we here at SWRPGNetwork have a 0.1% chance of getting a cameo in the Star Wars films.

Check my new sig and don't laugh or feel pity. But if you are in the area with this individual hook me up! :D

Donovan Morningfire
17 January 2002, 12:15 PM
Despite the tone of my posts, I don't overly care either way. I'm just having some fun with this whole thing. As for my phone call, that was after listening to about half-an-hour of brain-dead teeny-boppers call us, the Star Wars fans, the Anti-Christs, so I wasn't exactly at my level-headed best :D

The main thing that kinda irks me is that it seems they went out of there way to say "Hey, we're in the new Star Wars movie!." In a sense using it for free publicity of the garbage they call "music." No class whatsoever. Charlton Heston, the actor who played Blue Eyes (the hero) from the original Planet of the Apes movie, did an uncredited and largely unknown appearance as an ape in Tim Burton's remake.

REG
18 January 2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Fred Getce
Truth is a lot of the hate by SW fans has more to do with jealousy.
Well, I would be the first to admit that I am jealous, even though I am not a hardcore SW fan.

I know that with the celebrity status you gain certain perks and connections. But I used to think George Lucas is above those Hollywood glamour. Now my image of him is shattered. :(

Rigil Kent
18 January 2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Donovan Morningfire
Charlton Heston, the actor who played Blue Eyes (the hero) from the original Planet of the Apes movie, did an uncredited and largely unknown appearance as an ape in Tim Burton's remake.

No doubt! Me and the group went and saw it and I think we were the only ones who recognized him! When he ended his scene, we were cracking up and everyone in the theater thought we had busted a gasket or something! :D

Like I said over on the Wizards boards re: N'Synch, I think it makes perfect sense for them to be in a movie called Attack of the Clones. :)

I too couldn't care less as long as it isn't as lame as the scene in TPM where you see McCallum and the other guy; a quick flash of them getting whacked by battle droids, maybe surrounded by a bunch of other Jedi suffering similar fates, and it's fine with me...

Fred Getce
18 January 2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by REG

Well, I would be the first to admit that I am jealous, even though I am not a hardcore SW fan.

I know that with the celebrity status you gain certain perks and connections. But I used to think George Lucas is above those Hollywood glamour. Now my image of him is shattered. :(

Technically GL had nothing to do with them being put in costumes and "acting", it was McCallum who was contacted and he was the one who did this (having a scene shot with actors for pick-up shots), but GL has final say on whether their scene will survive the dreaded shears of Hollywood.

REG
18 January 2002, 09:30 PM
McCallum, huh? Let me know his address so I can direct my complaint about his boneheaded idea for putting N'Sync.

No offense to N'Sync. I'm glad they're fans. I would hope they shed their teen pop image and promote "cool geek" image with flannel shirts, pocket protectors, and toy lightsabers. :D