PDA

View Full Version : Lowly cadet

Mad Tech
4 January 2002, 07:22 AM
I notice that I have the rank of a lowly cadet. I think I deserve a promotion to at least a junior officer! Who do I have to bump off in order to move up in the ranks? And how much is an officer's pay? :)

wolverine
5 January 2002, 03:34 AM
MAKE MORE POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saucercrab
5 January 2002, 10:37 AM
And posts in the C&M forum don't count.

Durian Keldrona
5 January 2002, 01:03 PM
And we Earned our rank through blood sweat and Tears... ok so i posted alot a lot to get where i am :)

Lokar
5 January 2002, 07:54 PM
And how much is an officer's pay? :)

Pay? We get pay?!? WHY WASN'T I INFORMED OF THIS!?!?! :mad: ;) :D :p

Zethnar
5 January 2002, 08:33 PM
And to tell the truth i havent posted in quite a while ;)

Wade Trenor
5 January 2002, 11:33 PM
Just remember that it the number of posts required for a new rank increase exponentially. Anyway, I think you'll get promoted at either 18 or 31 or both. ;)

Grimace
6 January 2002, 12:04 PM
The best way for you to increase your rank is to provide good and helpful input for other members of the holonet. That can be done by posting stats, offering ideas and suggestions, even posing interesting questions for others to think about.

As was previously mentioned, posting things in the C&M doesn't count towards rank increasement, as people were tending to abuse the system and posted almost solely in C&M, talking about nonsense and not really contributing to the Star Wars community.

So, if you become a helpful member of the community, you'll notice your rank increase. If you find that too hectic, you are under no obligation to rise in rank quickly, so you can post things that you find interesting or helpful at your own leisure, your advancement will just be slower.

Lokar
6 January 2002, 02:46 PM
As was previously mentioned, posting things in the C&M doesn't count towards rank increasement, as people were tending to abuse the system and posted almost solely in C&M, talking about nonsense and not really contributing to the Star Wars community.

In layman terms: SPAM.

Anyway, where's my pay? :mad: ;)

Donovan Morningfire
7 January 2002, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Durian Keldrona
And we Earned our rank through blood sweat and Tears... ok so i posted alot a lot to get where i am :)
YOU posted alot? 8o You've been here a month longer than I have, and look at me! I've got a mouth that just won't quit! :D (please note the sarcasm in that statement, and the insult is aimed at at myself, not Durian)

Two questions though ... (one serious, one not)

#1) Exactly what rank does my badge signify? I honestly have no clue whatsoever. (serious)

#2) Now what is this matter of officer's pay? Have Armage and his boys been holding out on us?:p
If they have, then I magnanamouisly (sp?) donate my accrued officer's back-pay to help alleviate the fiscal difficulties of the SWRPGNetwork :D (not)

Paul Klein
7 January 2002, 09:07 AM
You're a commadore Donovan :)

Superdog
7 January 2002, 01:11 PM
Donovan, if you hold the mouse over your rank badge, your title will appear as if by magic!!

Emperor Xanderich II
8 January 2002, 04:01 PM
Grimace is right. And as for pay, did nobody see the notice about me being the poorest member of the holonet?!! :) :o 8o

Chris Curtis
8 January 2002, 10:49 PM
That's okay, Emperor... I'm very rapidly catching up to you as far as monetary possessions are concerned. :( Being jobless sucks royally. It sucks even more when you're actually trying to find a job and can't... 8o

Mad Tech
10 January 2002, 06:37 AM
Woohoo! I finally got that promotion. I'm an ensign now! Pretty soon I'll be running this place! Heck, I'll bet I'll be Emperor one of these day! You just wait and see!

Mad Tech

Emperor Xanderich II
11 January 2002, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Chris Curtis
That's okay, Emperor... I'm very rapidly catching up to you as far as monetary possessions are concerned. :( Being jobless sucks royally. It sucks even more when you're actually trying to find a job and can't... 8o

Cruel isn't it. I've just been forced to move home as I couldn't afford to pay the rent.:(

But well done on your promotion Mad boy!!

Donovan Morningfire
11 January 2002, 05:35 AM
Ya know, it's funny. When I first read Armage's post on the revamped site and how rank was no longer determined solely by post count, but also included length of membership time, I was seriously expecting a demotion. Normally running my mouth gets me into tons of trouble; this is the first time it's (sorta) paid off :D

Sorry Mad Tech, but if anyone is on the fast path to ascension, I'd have to say it's Lokar :D

Armage Bedar
11 January 2002, 05:34 PM
Wait a sec, Donovan - weren't you an Admiral on the old site?

Donovan Morningfire
11 January 2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Armage Bedar
Wait a sec, Donovan - weren't you an Admiral on the old site?
Nope, I was a Commodore last I checked. It may have just changed before and I hadn't noticed. (I have been known to be more than a little absent-minded at times :D)

C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Sabre Smiley.gif
Don't mind him too much, just a smiley test

VixenofVenus
12 January 2002, 10:12 AM
Donovan an Admiral (shudders violently) . . . gasp!

I don't know if I went up or down . . . I think I was a Captian prior to the change . . . either way . . . I like the addition of the rankings system . . . even though I don't understand the vitality and wounds stuff! I've been injured ever since I got back!! hehe

Donovan Morningfire
12 January 2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by VixenofVenus
Donovan an Admiral (shudders violently) . . . gasp!
What's worse is that some ignorant newbie might fall under the wrong impression that I have any semblence of a clue what I'm doing :D
Although I'm not sure if Lokar being a Vice Admiral is any better :p

I've also noticed that I've been suckin' down Wound damage since the facelift. VP is nice and full, so maybe a few week's usage of Heal Self to bring the tank back up to full ;)