PDA

View Full Version : Finding Dice...

Gamemaster Pro
5 January 2002, 09:18 AM
I've got something of a deliema on my hands. I need somewhere on the net where I can buy dice, including all the necessary dice for the d20 system rules, for cheap on the 'net. The d20 dice are $7 bucks, and thats a bit much to pay for only 7 regular die in my opinion. Any help would be appreciated.

Moridin
5 January 2002, 09:38 AM
Chessex makes the best dice, in my opinion. I like buying the translucent dice sets. They're listed at $4.50, which is about $.50 cheaper than I bought them in the store. Of course, shipping might suck, but if you are buying several sets (which I would reccommend, especially if your fellow players need dice) then it should be alright.

Chessex Dice Catalogue (http://www.chessex.com/Dice_Home.htm)

The Admiral
5 January 2002, 03:36 PM
Well, I bought my dice for D6 from Dice & Games Limited, where I got 100 D6 for less than 5, which included postage and packing. They do similar prices for polyhedrals, and I'd expect to pick up 100 polyhedral dice for less than 7. That doesn't include postage and packing internationally, but one good thing about D&GL is that they're a supplier, not a dealer. They sell componants to other games industries, which means you can pick up their dice at wholesale prices.

Emperor Xanderich II
6 January 2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Gamemaster Pro
I've got something of a deliema on my hands. I need somewhere on the net where I can buy dice, including all the necessary dice for the d20 system rules, for cheap on the 'net. The d20 dice are $7 bucks, and thats a bit much to pay for only 7 regular die in my opinion. Any help would be appreciated.

$7 bucks for d20 dice! You should be able to get them from your local gaming store individually for about 50p (less than 40 cents).

I've always bought my dice like that. Or have I had my head in the sand for too long... hmmm.

Alternatively you could make them yourself. Though, I admit, d20's could be a tad tricky.8o

Sidyan
17 January 2002, 11:06 AM
I've recently learned Crystal Caste (http://www.crystalcaste.com/) now take web orders. Their dice might not be the cheapest, but in return you get a lot of choice in colour, style, and even shape ("crystal dice") and material ("dwarven stones"). And they have battle mats too.

Anyway, I promptly went overboard and ordered one set of each colour of Silk Fantasy Dice. That's what happens when you live in a RP-challenged country with no decent gaming shop in a 50km radius :D

gmjabreson
25 May 2006, 05:16 AM
depending on your town, you could spend alot more than a quarter on one dice. I've been to game/book stores where individual dice was as low as 50 cents a die. I've seen sets of 6 dice as much as 13 dollars before in stores too.