Fire arc: Turret
Crew: 3
Scale: Speeder
Skill: Artillary
Fire control: 1D/0d when used for indirect supression fire
Damage: 5d
Blast radius: 5M
Range: 100m-3km/6km/9km
* Carries enough ammo for 40 shots each.

5 Medium blaster cannons
Fire arc: 2 turret, 1 foward, 1 left, 1 right
Crew: 1 each
Scale: Speeder
Skill: Vehicle blasters
Fire control: 2d
Damage 3d+2
Blast radius: 4ft
Range: 400m/800m/1200m

2 PAK units
Fire arc: Turret (330 deg turnable)
crew: 2 each
Scale: Starfighter
Skill: Vehicle weapons
Fire control: 2d
Damage: 4d
Blast radius/ceiling: 5ft at 4000m, 4ft at 7500m, 3ft at 9000m.
Range: 4km/7.5km/9km

Capsule: This walker, also nicknamed the Titan, was developed by the Imperial reminant after, news of several ground battles with the new republic and vong, got to them. Testing a hypothesis, Grand admerial palleon, decided to break-out some plans that his great Grand-dad had. They called for a 6 legged walker, who's main body was a turret where all the weapons were. It would be able to move and fire large scale high explosive projectiles, anti troop/armor supression.
Since the fall of coursucant had proven his theory, with the shadow bombs, these have gone into full production, at 3 facilities.

In the field, it is usually acompanied by a Tickker, a mobile munitions unit.
Craft: Tickker
Type: Mobile munitions unit
Scale: Walker
Skill: Walker Operation: MMU
Crew: 3; Gunners: 4
Passengers: None
Cover: Full
Size: 80M long, 35m wide, 15m high
Cargo Capacity: 15 kg, + Ammo
Move: 29; 88kmh
Maneuverability: 1D
Body Strength: 4d+2
Shields: 1d+1
Weapons:
4 Medium blaster cannons (same stats as for the At-HP's).

Well, what d'yall think???

Carries a total of 300 rounds, and can transfer 6 shells per round.
Looks like a crab, in where it has "claws" (which are the ammo transfer conduits).

Deck
10 January 2002, 11:57 AM
Nicely designed vehicle. Very detailed, too. It's a good addition for the military in the dangerous days of the <i>New Jedi Order</i>. However, I have a question. ;) What are the walker's dimensions? I mean, how long and how tall is the vehicle?

wolverine
10 January 2002, 12:58 PM
34 meters long, 16 meters high. It's 6 legs gives it a 24 meter wide base. When the guns are stowed for standard movement, they jutt out another 7 meters from the front.

Emperor Xanderich II
10 January 2002, 03:56 PM
Is there special rules if the players hit the ammo store on either vehicle?

Rigo
11 January 2002, 12:03 AM
Good idea to creat some variant for walker. but i dont agree for the range, 9km. some howitzer in reel world go to more than 15km(like the M-109), and some may go up to 70km, so if it is in SW, the technologie is suposed to be better? no?

wolfe
11 January 2002, 12:37 AM
nice vehicle design wolverine, any plans on various shell types?

rigo you could always change the guns over to the golan m102 fire arc howitzer(in the ROE book),if that is closer to what you want..

for ammo hits I would make the vehicles have the same blast channeling system as on the M1 tanks,(the blast is channeled out away from the vehicle doing little to no damage other than the ammo bin) although it is a walker so the resulting blast could still cause it to tip over..oops.

Emperor Xanderich II
11 January 2002, 05:54 AM
The only problem with having the massive ranges is that nothing will every get to fire back. Most of the vehicles in SW have relativily short ranged guns, so 9km kinda sets the limit for me. In one of my games a gun with a range of 70km would be one of those 'new secret imperial projects that must be stopped at al costs'. The Rebs have no idea where these huge shells are coming from to tear up their base. Heh heh.

wolfe
11 January 2002, 11:23 AM
I would agree with ya Emp,but these aren't typical vehicle weapons these are artillery pieces on a mobile platform, and if you'll notice most of the artillery in the game have ranges around 20-25 km, I also wouldn't have alot of weapons goingout to 70km,40km would be my limit..

but I found one little problem with "plunging fire" artillery some bases may have shields I'm not talking planetary shields mind you, just the smaller shields (cap scale)like the guardian class(6D) found in the hideouts book that has both particle and energy shielding,that would stop artillery pretty quick,but not all bases could afford tohave shielding.

then you could say the bases sensors could be able to direct counter battery fire assuming they had weapons that could fire at the target and if they didn't have the weapons they could direct other vehicles to the location..

I don't know if anyone else uses the note under the golan m102 for artillery but it has that shells can be shot down by laser weapons (very diff) and shell remain in the air for one round for every range band it crosses.

here's a list of possible round types (for those who'd care):
APERS: anti personnel wide fragmentation blast radius
CHEM: chemical-pick yer poison
CLGP:cannon launched guided projectile-gives storm commandoes something to do (uses laser target designator)
FASCAM:field artillery scatterable minefield)-anti armor and personnel mines scattered over 100m radius
HE:high explosive
HEAT:high explosive anti tank-small blast radius lots of damage
HEDP:high explosive dual purpose-high explosive round with a shaped charge good against both infantry and vehicles
HESH:high explosive squash head-round desind to flatten against the outside of a vehicle then detonate causing fragments to break off INSIDE the vehicle
ICM:improved conventional munitions-round that contains grenades that scatter over a wide radius
ICM-DP: improved conventional munitions dual purpose-as above but uses shaped charged grenades for use against vehicles as well,
ILLUM:illumination round-lights up area,using be it normal or infra-red
WP:white phosphorous-scatters burning fragments and produces thick white smoke
RA:rocket assisted increases range of round.

well time to return you to the walker design fest....

wolverine
27 January 2002, 07:58 PM
After careful tinkiering, and a playtest session, i have decided to modify one thing, the main weapons range.
It is now 150m-5km/10km/15km

As for the ammo and what happens if it gets hit..... Fatricide.
In addition, i came up with the following round types.

Ammo types

HE Standard
HESS Anti-personell shrapnel scatterers, does character scale damage of 12d 6m/9d 12m/6d 15m/3d 20m
HARR radio controlled/laser guided. -2d from the overall damage, but add 3d to the gunnery.
LAMP, liquid spread phosphorous/magnesium/sodium mix, causes 8d in 6m, 5d in 12m and 3d in 18m FIRE damage character scale, which looses 1d for each round it burns.
IAM, indirect mine rounds, delayed action motion sensor mines (similar to the Thunder LRM rounds of Battletech).
2 types, walker- 5d walker damage, and repulsor- 6d speeder scale damage.

Well......

wolverine
4 April 2003, 06:14 AM
SO, anyone played with these vehicles yet??

wolverine
11 October 2005, 07:06 PM
What... 2 years, and no one comments on whether they have been used???