PDA

View Full Version : Rebellion Web Site

MFalls
9 January 2002, 08:32 PM
Just wondering what happened with the Rebellion web site http://www14.brinkster.com/mockery/starwars/index.html
For the past week or so I keep getting the same message that it doesn't exist any more. Does any one know what's up? Or is it just my computer? I really liked the site and have gotten quite a few things from it. And the Web Master is very friendly. I have e-mailed him a couple times. Just can't find his e-mail address now. Thanks for any responses.

Mike

Du'Kaal
9 January 2002, 08:47 PM
I don't know whats happened to it, but I hope its not down permenately. I really liked the site.

Red Menace
10 January 2002, 07:17 AM
I'd hate to see it go to. There was a link on it to another site that was at least partially run by the author, the Cerberus sector. I don't have the URL but if anyone does maybe they could check to see if it's still up and contact him from there.

RM

MFalls
10 January 2002, 09:43 AM
I found his e-mail address and sent him a e-mail about it last night but I havn't gotten a response yet. So we'll see.

Rigo
16 January 2002, 04:00 PM
Any news about that? it is very :? about thos lost of the site, it is possible that WoTC have do somting for that?? for copyright exemple?

Moridin
16 January 2002, 08:26 PM
No, the evil empire WotC didn't shut them down. They'd have shut us down long ago if that was the case.

Sithspawn
17 January 2002, 08:45 AM
I must admit that I did wonder myself if WOTC had something to do with their closure. Unlike the SWRPGNetwork the Rebellion was writing up WOTC stats (though in D6). I'm sure that WOTC would see this as some kind of Dark Side attack by us D6ers.

Moridin
17 January 2002, 09:32 AM
Well, we have a lot of WotC stats converted to D6. In fact, we've got all of the Core Rulebook and Secrets of Naboo converted, along with Gamer #8, and we've almost finished Gamer #2 and 5. In fact, we might have everything caught up within a month or two, and WotC hasn't said a word.

In fact, by converting the stats to D6, we actually make the WotC sourcebooks MORE useful to D6ers. Now, the people who still play D6 can go buy the book for the source material, background information, adventure ideas, maps, deckplans, etc. and use our site for the stats themselves. It's better for WotC for us to do what we do than not.

Deck
18 January 2002, 12:08 PM
I find it also sad that the site is now down. I hope it's only temporarily, as I really appreciated the content of the site. They did a grand effort converting all the d20 stuff to D6. I especially found the "Gamers" section very useful, for two reasons: First, I was able to get quite some content of the magazine which is not available in Germany, and second, it was already converted to D6! :)

Moridin
18 January 2002, 02:35 PM
Deke,

Both Noble Knight Games (http://www.nobleknight.com) and The Hit Pointe (http://www.hitpointe.com) have copies of Gamer and ship overseas if you're interested. Now, I didn't check the Rebellion site much (mostly because I didn't want to subconsciously copy their work) but if they were reprinting information that was in Gamer, then they were guilty of copyright violation. If they were simply doing D6 conversions, as we do, well, then they should have been fine.

But, while we're on the subject....since everyone loved their site, and we're trying to get caught up on Conversions, what can we do to make our Conversions site as well-loved as that one? Besides just getting caught up, of course. We're taking care of that very soon.

MFalls
21 January 2002, 07:53 PM
Here is what the auther of the web site told me when I e-mailed him.

Sorry for the trouble. The site is temporarily down. When we went to
do our last update (the "Starships of the Galaxy" conversion), the
Brinkster FTP wasn't working. This went on for about two weeks, and it shows no signs of fixing itself. We decided to drop the page
temporarily while we secure our own domain name and get another (more reliable) host. I figure we'll be back up in 2 weeks, tops. Sooner, if we're lucky.
I've also finished SWG #'s 6 and 7, and I figure we'll have those and
Starships up once we get things rolling again. Is there anything you
were looking for or needing? Our previous update included the Dark Side Sourcebook, Alien Anthology, and SWG #5. Let me know.

Dr_Worm
21 January 2002, 08:45 PM
Moridin:

One of the things that I liked the most was how Rebellion was organized. That I could search fo something by source book allowed me to find something that I couldn't exactly recall the name. Perhaps you can do this on your sit as well, but I haven't noodled around much to be honest. Both are great...and sometimes differ slightly. By having two reliable resources I am better able to judge details for my own campaign.