PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars, Jedi Purges

Durian Keldrona
10 January 2002, 02:58 PM
So how do you think things will progress after Ep II? I'm Pretty sure the Clone wars happen after Ep II. how much time between Ep II and III? What types of things happen in the Clone Wars? How do you think Palpatine will convince the General Populace to dislike the Jedi?

Ghost In The Holocron
10 January 2002, 04:41 PM
Great question -- often asked but hardly ever discussed as much as I'd like. Anyhow, here goes...

One of my favorite personal pet theories about this time (ie: Clone Wars and immediately after) is that Palpatine's intense behind the scenes maneuvering lands the blame of many disasters squarely on the Jedi. Basically, the Jedi fail in their duty as the "protectors of peace" in the galaxy. This gets to a point where even the Jedi themselves -- seeing the public outrage -- submit and agree to step out of the limelight. To retire if you will. The interesting thing here is that I believe they agree to "volountarily" step down and fade into the background.

Durian Keldrona
10 January 2002, 05:40 PM
My guess is the clone wars is in ep III
so that would likely put the purges in between ep III and IV
heard anything about how much time between II and III

VixenofVenus
11 January 2002, 11:49 AM
Ep. II will be the events leading up to the Clone Wars . .

Between the two will be the Clone Wars (later to be covered in a good book and follow-up video game - ala Shadows of the Empire)

Ep. III will be the fall of Anakin, followed by or connected to the Jedi Purges and the beginnings of the fall of the Senate.

Personally . . . the moment I am most waiting for in the next 10 years above all other things is the moment when I see Anakin again in the black suit . . . after that, God can kill me with a clear conscious - otherwise he'll hafta answer to me . . . heheh!

Durian Keldrona
11 January 2002, 12:33 PM
I want to see the battle between Obi-wan and Anikan where Obi dumbs him in the pit.... that will be a cool battle.

I would also like to see some of the Clone Wars....

Lokar
12 January 2002, 02:20 PM
Persumably, the Clone Wars begin at the end of the AotC and will conclude either at the start or midway through Ep3 (Fall of the Jedi? The Dawn of Darkness? Fall of a Republic?). The Clone Wars will proably do much to weed out most of the Jedi. Since I think that was all part of Palpy's plan to kill as many mynocks with one stone. The pruges will start in Ep3 by taking out some of the proment Jedi (Jedi Shaft, the council, Yoda will fake his death). The high point will be the duel between Aniakn and Obi-Wan and will end with 'corination' of Palpatine as the Emperor, and then Darth Vader as the Dark Lord of the Sith. The movie will end with the 'Impeial March' with Vader's breathing going into the credits.

DirkGreystoke
12 January 2002, 07:20 PM
I am curious to see how Palpatine will turn the public against the Jedi. I think that he might use Anakin's rampaging as a rallying point. Saying look at what happened to this Jedi, can we afford to have it happen again?

Possible Spoiler!

In a recent interview Lucasfilm's own Steve Sansweet said that in EpII we will "finally see the beginning of the Clone Wars", whatever that means.

Lokar, I like the prediction of Yoda faking his own death. That had never occured to me until i read it moments ago. I had always assumed the Yoda escaped Palpatine somehow, but perhaps it happened that way as well.

Kesh
15 January 2002, 12:48 AM
I do seem to recall Lucas being quoted as saying that he wanted the last scene in Ep. III to be the 'first' time we see Darth Vader in the full black suit. So presumably, this will be the film where the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan takes place.

Rypcord
15 January 2002, 05:11 PM
The clone wars are in Ep2.

Thus the name: Attack of the Killer Clones... err... I mean, Attack of the Clones.

BrianDavion
15 January 2002, 05:32 PM
well not nesscarily. that could be like calling the attack on peral harbor all of WW2... or the german attack on Poland all of WW2 for a better anology

DirkGreystoke
15 January 2002, 06:02 PM
SPOILER!

Lucasfilm's Steve Sansweet said that last month that EPII will deal with the beginning of the Clone Wars, whatever that means.

Kobayashi_Maru
30 January 2002, 12:54 PM
Return of the Sith!!!!!!!!!

Lucas already said the 2nd and 3rd should mirror 5 and 6. As did ep 1 to ep 4!!

I think it would be a cool title!!!!!!!!!!

BrianDavion
30 January 2002, 02:49 PM
how about something more in line with RotJ...

fall of the Jedi

Master Dao Rin
30 January 2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Durian Keldrona
So how do you think things will progress after Ep II? I'm Pretty sure the Clone wars happen after Ep II. how much time between Ep II and III? What types of things happen in the Clone Wars? How do you think Palpatine will convince the General Populace to dislike the Jedi?

1) Very badly ... for the good guys. :)

2) You are correct. From various sources - some magazines and many fan sites that shall remain nameless, the end of Ep. II will mark the beginning of the Clone Wars.

3) 2 years are supposed to occur in Star Wars time between the events of Ep. II and Ep. III. Of course, that may change, but its doubtful if George keeps Luke and Leia at 20 years old @ ANH timeframe. Apparently, Ep. II is 22 years before ANH.

4) A lot of bad things. :) Many wars are fought between various governments and special interests groups for political and economic reasons, presumably thru the use of new grown clone armies of sorts, since the Republic galaxy has had very little in the way of standing, trained armies before this time (hence the title of the event in history).

5) As its looking now, it looks like the Jedi will be wiped out in different way then you're expecting - Ep. II should make this clear judging from the spoilers about this topic so far about AotC. But, because its a spoiler, that's all I'll say here now ... just to note though: Vader doesn't deal with most Jedi as was originally believed ...

Kobayashi_Maru
30 January 2002, 10:07 PM
I thought Ep2 happened 25 years before the battle of yavin and there was 5 years between Ep2 and 3 making it 20 years between Ep3 and Ep4?!?!?!?!

bmenges
12 February 2002, 06:40 AM
From everything i've read on the net, eps II and III take place within a couple of years of each other. We can tell from the ages of Anakin and Padme that about 10 years has passed since ep I. I think that ep III will be a bit of Anakin hunting the Jedi. Let's hope, anyway.

Master Dao Rin
17 February 2002, 04:27 PM
Sorry - since Ep. I was 32 years before ANH, and Anakin was 9 then, and he is 19 in Ep. II, that makes Ep. II 22 years before ANH. You can even check this in the front of all the NJO novels too.