PDA

View Full Version : MarsCon or Bust!

Armage Bedar
11 January 2002, 01:27 PM
This isn't strictly HoloNet related - but I'm the admin, so I can post it here if I want. :-)

I'll be at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA, all day tomorrow (Saturday, 1/12). If you're reading this and you'd like to meet up with me, I'll be wandering around wearing a nametag that says "Armage" and a shirt that says "Moisture Farm Co-op". I'd love to talk with you.

Armage Bedar
13 January 2002, 04:16 AM
Hey all - I'm back from MarsCon. I had a great time. For those who don't know, MarsCon is a fairly small con (~200-300 people) in Williamsburg, VA. It was very relaxing - I played a game of QuickFire, a neat minatures tactical combat game, and I watched a few Living Force games. And I picked up some more RPG books, of course :-)

I also had the fortune to meet Peter Schweighofer, who was the editor for WEG's Adventure Journal (among other things) - and also a current writer for Gamer. He was very nice, and we talked about various things since the demise of WEG. He's been working on MetaBarons, which has a moderately-rewritten D6 rules system, so if you're interested, go check it out.

Just to show you that I *did* meet the man, here's a picture, complete with hat...

Emperor Xanderich II
13 January 2002, 05:38 AM
It's a shame you didn't get into the picture, Armage, then we could all have seen what our fabled leader looks like...:D

DirkGreystoke
13 January 2002, 06:52 AM
Just to show you that I *did* meet the man, here's a picture, complete with hat...

I must say that I am a bit jealous. Did he have anything cool to say?

Deck
13 January 2002, 07:36 AM
Hey, that pic is cool! I can recognize some RPG sourcebooks in the shelf he is standing behind... :D

...Tales of the Jedi Companion, Movie Trilogy Sourcebook Special Edition, Jedi Academy Sourcebook, Planets Collection and the Core Rules 2nd Edition.

Did he want to sell them? :)

Armage Bedar
13 January 2002, 01:10 PM
Well, we chatted a bit about his work with WEG, both on SW and now on MetaBarons, some about his experiences on the 'Net, and about his writing for WotC. Nothing really special - but the simple fact of meeting him was pretty neat.

And yes, Deck, they were all for sale. He had about 5-6 copies of Pirates and Privateers and a few other semi-rare items (like Otherspace). I just picked up SotE SB from him, as I had just about everything else.

Deck
14 January 2002, 07:20 AM
6 copies of <i>Pirates & Privateers</i>!?! Woohoo! What did they cost? You could have bought them and then having sold them again for the doubled price! :D