PDA

View Full Version : Teras Kasi and the Jedi Arts?!?!?!?!?!?

Kobayashi_Maru
12 January 2002, 12:28 PM
Just a couple of combat styles questions!

1st- Does anyone know Teras Kasi? Beyond Martial Arts for SW, like where did it start, how long has it existed , who started it? Any history on it or its origin. Are there different styles/techniques under teras kasi?
Anything besides martial arts for star wars!!!!!!!!

2nd-In Ep1 when Qui-Gon said "he was skilled in the Jedi Arts." What does he mean exactly? That Maul had Jedi Force Feats, or Force skills and knows how to use 'em, or Maul could use a lightsaber, or was it specific techniques used in battle he was describing? If it was the latter, then are those just Teras Kasi or are they seperate and distinctively different fighting styles? And what would those pertain?

You'll probably just tell me Oriental Adv., but I was wondering if anyone had some SW info on these ideas.

Kas'ir Faywind
12 January 2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Kobayashi_Maru
2nd-In Ep1 when Qui-Gon said "he was skilled in the Jedi Arts." What does he mean exactly? That Maul had Jedi Force Feats, or Force skills and knows how to use 'em, or Maul could use a lightsaber, or was it specific techniques used in battle he was describing? If it was the latter, then are those just Teras Kasi or are they seperate and distinctively different fighting styles? And what would those pertain?

I am pretty sure he ment that Maul was in fact a Jedi and not some wannabe with a lightsaber.

Moose
12 January 2002, 02:13 PM
As for Teras Kasi there is a bit of information on the subeject in the West End Games Source book: Shadows of the Empire. It concerns Zan and Zu Pike who are twin sisters who are of race called Epicanthix(very warlike race), when they were young they were sent to the world Bunduki, which I am assuming is the homeworld of the Teras Kasi martial arts style. Teras Kasi stands for "steel hands" and masters pride themselves on not having to use other weapons other than their own bodies.

As for your second question, again IMO I think that it refers to the ability to wield the force. Not just a lightsaber, but to actually sense and tap into the vast power of the force.

Hope this helped