PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Planets for Adventure

Krad-edis
12 January 2002, 05:20 PM
Just a quick poll with comments and descriptions of adventures welcome.

What is your favorite planet to run adventures on? I know that there is a lot of moving around in the Star Wars Universe, but where do you as players and GMs enjoy being the most. Do you like the scum and villainy found in the cantinas of Tatooine cities? Do you like running around in the depths far below the gleaming surface of Corusant? Do you enjoy the solitude and peace of planets like Dantooine? Where do you all go for adventure?

DirkGreystoke
12 January 2002, 07:03 PM
I think Corellia has great possibility, but I guess it depends on what era you are in. Most of the games i play in have been in the EPIV - EPVI timeline, so the most memorable games have been Hoth and Endor.

Moridin
12 January 2002, 10:04 PM
Nar Shaddaa, baby. I think about half my campaigns start there.

Ash
13 January 2002, 04:18 AM
Rise of the Empire Tatooine!!!
Got to love a place with few laws, a ton of galactic scum walking around and a lot of potential adventures to be thought up.

Sithspawn
13 January 2002, 04:25 PM
I always seem to end up on Tatooine. But that's not a bad thing, it's a good thing. When a campaign is starting to lose it's Star Wars feel there's nothing better to put the players back in the true Star Wars spirit than a bar brawl in Mos Eisley Cantina.

So what planets do I use frequently,
Pelagia, Procopia & currently Nyssa in the Tapani Sector.
Elrood, Coyn, & Kidron (until I had an alien plant invader devastate it).
Reuss VIII (home of the Broken Tusk cantina & Dool Arena).
I am just starting to touch Hutt Space & Nar Shadda.
Gar, Mondeon, Caldon, Aldis (all home-brew worlds)

DirkGreystoke
13 January 2002, 04:43 PM
I forgot to mention the Mandalorian system earlier. Had lots of great adventures there.

VixenofVenus
13 January 2002, 07:06 PM
TATTOOINE!!!

Can a mod put that on the list? That's an important one we shouldn't forget . . . . I don't think I have run a SW campaign yet that didn't visit Tatooine at least once.

Rigo
13 January 2002, 07:27 PM
Tattooin for the majority of time, but more this time Nar shadda, the 2 planet where ppl may have lot of trouble..........:p .

so after some misadventure..... we created our own trouble planete, Lailite, it is like tattoin in climat but his only city is in sky on big rock like tower around 100-200m. this is the world of Brenda the Hutt. on the planete some big creature like tremor(the movie) so the ppl dont get down. Brenda like to put is "bad guest" on the ground with is favorit creature8o .

i dont have created any stat for the planets but may do some.

i have also created Chobiz, it is a planet ruled by Media corporation: NCC(Network corporate channel) and we love to get scoop on ppl...........:D escpecially some of my player....

Sidyan
17 January 2002, 11:28 AM
I'm about to embark in a Rise of the Empire era campaign, starting on the planet Chandrila. We're all supposed to be members of the planetary defense forces (somehow, though likely in different branches at first), and among the main focusses of the campaign will be the assimilation of said defense force into the Imperial Navy, and the politically astute nature of the Chandrilans (a bit like a RotE era Bothawui, without the sneaky spying stuff.)

Personally, I've got a soft spot for moons. Places like Yavin IV, Endor, Da Soocha V, and (to a lesser degree) Nar Shadaa just have a certain exotic feel to it that mere planets don't have.

And finally, I think no Star Wars campaign is complete without at least one visit to Coruscant.

Arakyd
17 January 2002, 01:17 PM
The place my players vist the most often is Reuss VIII. It's the place they go to get black market goods.

FlipDog 2000
18 January 2002, 05:53 AM
Depending on the era of play...Yavin is fun just about anytime. Kashyyk is also hecka fun to play on too. But there's just somethng about Dathomir, domesticated Rancors, really cute light force witches...that may or may not bathe in front of you (a la Courtship of Leia)...or an Imperial Prison, with tons of chance to get DSP's:D

Tem_Starrunner
18 January 2002, 06:46 AM
I think both Coruscant and Nar Shadaa are great planets to play on. Where else can you have characters get hopeless lost in the underlevels and get attacked randomly by monsters one minute and back to civilization the next.

Nar Shadaa for my players can get very interesting walkways they thought were there the last time they visited may completely change. With Gank killers and bounty hunters all over the place it can get very interesting indeed. Plus where else in the galaxy can you get your ship fixed up by Shug Ninx and Salla Zend.

Tony J Case, Super Genius
18 January 2002, 08:03 AM
Tatooine always seemed to contrived for my tastes. The planet is remote, way the hell out there, and not exactly a hub of activity. Despite that, it seems that everyone and their brother passes through there in their gaming career.

Bespin, on the other hand - although remote and distant, is at least a destination vacation spot and a supplier of goods. That, of all the SW locations, is probably my favorite.

(I'm kind of surprised that Alderaan didn't make the list, considering the newly opened era of play and the option to exploit an untapped world, so to speak.)

B.I.P
19 January 2002, 11:14 PM
TATTOOINE !!!!

Few rules and the only real ones are dont mess with the hutts and dont say no to them!

Ravnor
11 June 2006, 10:16 AM
Kessil or Bespin, Kessil is one of the most dangerous planet in the SW universe, Bespin is a unique enviroment.

schnarre
11 June 2006, 03:19 PM
Though Tatooine seems to wind its way into every campaign at some point or other it isn't really a favorite; Coruscant, especially depending on the Era, has the "Capital" allure to a degree.....

I ended up voting "Other" on this poll. I've found it easier to create my own worlds as needed, & there is usually not too much time spent on any given planet.:rolleyes:

gmjabreson
16 June 2006, 06:28 PM
Where's Hoth?!
Frozen Glaciers, nights that freeze ya to death, An Imperial Death Squadron coming to get ya, Wampa's. Oh come on. Give me the cold.

Ravnor
17 June 2006, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by gmjabreson
Where's Hoth?!
Frozen Glaciers, nights that freeze ya to death, An Imperial Death Squadron coming to get ya, Wampa's. Oh come on. Give me the cold.

There's not enough terrain or scenery on Hoth.

Sithspawn
20 June 2006, 06:34 AM
I voted Tatooine. It has everything, if you want it. Crime Lords, monsters, Imperials, cities, small settlements, vast wastelands, caves, and nearly every race you can imagine!

But due to me over-using it in the past I've made an effort to avoid taking my players there for some time. The idea is that when they do end up there it will be part of some Epic story.

The other most used planet in my games is my home-brew world of Gar, medieval and High Tech combined B)