PDA

View Full Version : Would this out you on the the good side?

Kas'ir Faywind
22 January 2002, 03:19 PM
While on an island owned by an aristocrat one of the characters realized that their imperial credits were no longer good on the shops around the island. So promptly he turned it in as a donation to the Aristocrat a whopping 25k!!!! How would this guy react to this? turn his cheek if they do somthing wrong? thats the one thing i can think of. anything else would be helpful

Corsair
22 January 2002, 04:06 PM
Well ... considering how the credits were, in fact, USELESS on the island, the Aristocrat may in fact not look too much into it. He may do them a favour, but it will be a half-assed one if that, and he would say something to the effect of "If you wanted better, maybe you should've given me something better than Imperial Credits."

So the heroes leave in a "slightly used" starship that could barely make it back to Coruscant in one trip ... except the trip would have to be made at sublight speed because it would break apart if taken into hyperspace. Hehehehe. (*Evil GM Laugh*)

DirkGreystoke
22 January 2002, 08:21 PM
It depends on whether or not the credits are useful to the aristocrat. Can he get offworld to use them? If so, the I would think the aristocrat would do them a hefty favor or to. If not, then why would he care?

FallonCorsair
22 January 2002, 09:07 PM
I think it really does depend on exchange rate. Let's say the aristocrat knows of a place offshore that's easy for him to get to so he can exchange the credits. He may have to spend a bit of his own money, but the exchange for the credits may more than make up for it. Or, worst case scenario, he get's screwed. Such is economics

Jan Tolbara
23 January 2002, 12:54 PM
The aristocrat's reaction should depend on a few things:

1) Can the aristocrat leave the planet? If so and on a regular basis, no worries! He happily takes the credits and will act very favorably toward the PCs in the future. If he leaves the planet on rare occasions, refer to the reaction in #3. If he cannot leave the planet, go to #2.

2) Can the aristocrat exchange the credits? If so, not much of a problem. Even though the credits cannot be used as legal tender on the island, they can still provide some worth to the aristocrat if he can get them exchanged. Of course, it also depends on how much he can get when he exchanges them. If they cannot be exchanged, go to #3.

3) Can the aristocrat leave the island? If so, he may be able to use the credits elsewhere on the planet, if possible. If that is the case, the aristocrat could take the gift and reluctantly help the PCs in the future, since it would be some time before he could really use them. If he cannot leave the island or the planet nor exchange the credits, then the donation is considered worthless, and the aristocrat would have to be a good reason to help the PCs in the future.

Kas'ir Faywind
23 January 2002, 01:07 PM
I was having the aristocrat pay off the imperials from interferring with his business so i guess it would be helpful to him. They are in need of a ship thats the reason while they are here in the first place you think the aristocrat would be so inclined to donate a few hard to find parts? Like a decent hyperdrive or maybe a nav computer?

Jan Tolbara
23 January 2002, 01:31 PM
In that case, my call would be that the aristocrat would "donate" something helpful, like the hyperdrive upgrade you mentioned.