PDA

View Full Version : Do You want to draw a map?

Thomson
23 January 2002, 11:24 AM
The file containes a zipped Word document, containing several map symbols to draw deck plans and one predrawn map of the Millenium Falcon (Just my personal try)

Comments are welcome.

Rigo
23 January 2002, 11:35 AM
do you talke about galaxy map?

i work on it with some map that other have do , i retouch with Autocad(mc) , this will be long, but more realistic. if we may combine our efffort this will be more easy

Thomson
23 January 2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Rigo
do you talke about galaxy map?
No, I talk about starship deck plans.

Moose
24 January 2002, 09:34 PM
Thomson I like he deck plans very much...are you planning on doing any more?

Thomson
24 January 2002, 10:43 PM
Here You are :)

I have replaced the rough engines with more detailed ones, and added a deck plan of an unmodified YT-1300.

Some comments:

The deck plans where inspired by http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/mf/mfplan.htm
I also used a 32 metre version of the Millenium Falcon.
I placed the cargo hold not in the centre but to the port side, which is explained by heavy modifications. The standard YT-1300 has a centered cargo hold.
I changed the circular corridor layout to an ellyptical, to allow a movie-style access to the gun turrets.
I added some small bunks. I imagine Lukes bunk to be the one on the stern port area.
My plan has only one escape pod.
There are some white areas. I imagine them to be filled with certain types of machinery (sensors, life support, repulsor aggregates etc.) or reaction mass for the power plant/ion engines. The machinery may be accessed via panels in the corridors.

Thomson
25 January 2002, 02:27 AM
This file includes maps of ISD bridges (ISD & SSD). They are drawn on a scale of 2m to an inch.

Thomson
25 January 2002, 07:35 AM
... and a Lambda-class shuttle.

Btw, I would really like more comments.