PDA

View Full Version : Press Release: Star Wars Gamer's Light Side / Dark Side axed.

Sherman Shipyards
23 January 2002, 10:57 PM
http://www.shermanshipyards.com/Rpg/lightsidedarkside.jpg
Light Side / Dark Side (LS/DS) has been given the axe. According to Aaron Williams, the creator of LS/DS and Nodwick series in Dragon Magazine, Star Wars Gamer recently pulled the cartoon.

"It wasn't the editorial staff's decision (they'd tell me if it was, since I worked with them at Dragon), and Lucasfilm approved it, so I dunno, " said Williams. His work will continue to appear as one-panel cartoons.

Williams will post the last of LS/DS Cartoons tomorrow on his website, Nodwick.com. He says that he hopes Lucasfilm will allow him to post some new one panel cartoons on his site, but has not asked permission yet. "They usually say yes," he said, "so I think the fans can look forward to some more cartoons from a galaxy far, far away."
----------------

Byron Sherry
ShermanShipyards.com - webmaster

P.S. If you want to kept Light Side / Dark Side in Star Wars Gamer, then E-mail like crazy. Their e-mail address is swgamer@wizards.com. If you want to link to this Press Release the URL: http://shermanshipyards.com/LSDS_press.html

Tony J Case, Super Genius
23 January 2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Sherman Shipyards
P.S. If you want to kept Light Side / Dark Side in Star Wars Gamer, then E-mail like crazy. Their e-mail address is swgamer@wizards.com.

On the other hand, if you want to see this extra page used for oh, I dont know - RPG purposes instead, you should probably write and tell them what you think anyway.

I dont mean to dis on the poor guy after getting the ax, but I always will be of the mindset that the RPG mag should lose 90 percent of the non-RPG fat. That video game section and CCG section just needs to go, or get trimmed way back.

Sadly with WotC snatching the rights to the CCG out from under decipher, I expect that we'll see an increase, not a decrease. Oh well.

Sherman Shipyards
23 January 2002, 11:56 PM
I think it was in issue six that Gamer said that the SWRPG would get it's own mag when we get to 3/4s of D&D base. In the mean time, I want sometime to laugh at other then the artices about cards. LS/DS only takes up one page and would be a nice replacement for "Jedi Mindtricks"

Tony J Case, Super Genius
24 January 2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Sherman Shipyards
I think it was in issue six that Gamer said that the SWRPG would get it's own mag when we get to 3/4s of D&D base. In the mean time, I want sometime to laugh at other then the artices about cards. LS/DS only takes up one page and would be a nice replacement for "Jedi Mindtricks"

Not to turn this into a "But WEG did it THIS way. . . ." thread, but West End did manage to produce 15 or 16 issues of their version of the SW Gamer, with very little non-RPG material. Now if they had a wide enough user base to support a RPG-only perodical, then why cant WotC? If anything, I'd imagine that the fan base would be even bigger this go 'round.