PDA

View Full Version : Search by Location?

Calanthe
24 January 2002, 10:50 AM
Hello,

I've just recently joined the holonet forums, so forgive me if this has already been discussed (although I did a search in this particular forum for 'location' and nothing came up).

I was trying to see if I can do a member search based on location... but the location field doesn't seem to be an option in the advanced search.

Am I missing something? If not, this seems like it would be pretty easy to add and a great feature for finding gamers in a particular area!

Thanks,

Cal

Armage Bedar
26 January 2002, 07:10 AM
No, you currently can't search by location - but that's a very good idea. I'll work on implementing it this weekend.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Gulmyros
1 February 2002, 09:26 PM
Just to chime in - I think it's a good idea as well.

However you might find it tricky to program (even tho you're the HoloNet God, and all) since there's no standard way to list your location, so far as I know. City? State? Country? Sector of space?

I suppose you could work it like searching for a member name - exact match or partial match... or whatever works.

But hey, if you can work it out, I'm all for it.

:)

Gully

oh, ps - and let's hope it doesn't require everyone to go back and edit their profile to conform to the search parameters, too! :)

Gully

Armage Bedar
3 February 2002, 12:08 PM
Well, if it won't work on the HoloNet, I'll create some sort of separate Gamers Registry. Who knows :-)

Gulmyros
9 February 2002, 09:06 PM
Just curious if there's been any progress on this yet.

It's not like I'll die without it, tho. Just trying to stay current. :)