PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Movies...

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
28 January 2002, 08:57 PM
See any bad ones lately?

Me, I would have to say The Fast and Furious, just watched it again recently and realized how bad it was. Anyone else?

Durian Keldrona
29 January 2002, 08:56 AM
Fast and the Furious bad??? just cause the floor fell out of the car for no reason during a race?

Dr_Worm
29 January 2002, 04:13 PM
You saw that twice? Lordy talk about a gluton for punnishment. Eye candy is great, but I want a bit of substance. Gone in 60sec was just right. I saw fast and the furious because my wife was drooling over that Diesel guy. Normally she is more intrested in Pierce Brosnan types (of which I am not), but she surprises me sometimes.

I just saw Tomb Raider for the first time and as low as my expectations were, it was still lame as sin. The action bar has been set quite high in films lately with the import of Hong Kong talent. The action in TR was really quite ho-hum so it could not carry the movie. The story was non-exhistant, and Jolie (who can be quite a hottie) was just ordinary.

I still need to see Planet Of The Apes- How bad is that?

Superdog
29 January 2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Durian Keldrona
Fast and the Furious bad??? just cause the floor fell out of the car for no reason during a race?

And then someone sat in it moments later. Or how about how someone's car can do a wheelie without moving forward? Or how about they go on a drag race (with 10 sec cars, the race lasts a good 3 minutes) and when they finish all the people that were at the beginning are now with them at the finish line. Or how the main charector's (who probably couldn't get a part in a high school play because of his horrible acting) car is fried after his use of NOS, and then runs fine moments later. Or how the whole movie is basically one big ad for NOS. How the city is basically abandoded,we see maybe one or two other cars that don't belong to the charctor's driving the streets. How the main guy can drive a car at 120+ mph but can still reach down to a laptop. And the CG is awful. I only remember the first half, by the way.
And planet of the Apes is kinda iffy, the plot seems to just run straight along with no stops for anything and the ending seems a little too Twilight Zone.

Moose
29 January 2002, 06:49 PM
I rented Kiss of the Dragon the other day and it was one of the worst movies I had seen in a long time...oh yeah Fast and the Furious was horrible too. Also I was sorely dissappointed by Behind Enemy Lines because I am a big fan of Owen Wilson.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
29 January 2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Durian Keldrona

Actually, I thought it was bad more because of the cliched and predictable plot. Then there is all that stuff that Superdog mentioned, which only compounds it's crappiness.

Tony J Case, Super Genius
30 January 2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Superdog
And planet of the Apes is kinda iffy, the plot seems to just run straight along with no stops for anything and the ending seems a little too Twilight Zone.

Very ironic, considering that the orignal PotA was from the pen of Rod Serling.

The Chuck Heston PotA had all kinds of layers - from social commentary to action to drama. The Marky Mark version was action all the way up to the point where the writer felt obligated to insert a 'twist' ending.

A fat load of crap that one was, I tell you.

DirkGreystoke
30 January 2002, 10:13 PM
Planet of the Apes is worth seeing once, just to see the great production and make-up work, but dont expect much more that that. It might inspire and adventure or two.

Bad movies? Yeah, you guys are right about Tomb Raider. It sucked worse than i ever thought it could, and it really could have been a good movie i think.

Superdog
31 January 2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by DirkGreystoke
Bad movies? Yeah, you guys are right about Tomb Raider. It sucked worse than i ever thought it could, and it really could have been a good movie i think.

I don't know about that, it was essentially Indiana Jones with a "hot chick" put in to replace Indy.

Dr_Worm
1 February 2002, 11:53 AM
Oh yea Superdog it was Indy with a hot chick, bad acting, lame action, terrible script, no suspense...the list goes on.

Superdog
2 February 2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
Oh yea Superdog it was Indy with a hot chick, bad acting, lame action, terrible script, no suspense...the list goes on.

Ya, but the hot chick is the most important of all those apsects, nobody goes to a move for the terrible script. Well, excpet the people who liked the Fast and the Furious. That movies is so awful I have more fun mocking it than I did watching it.