PDA

View Full Version : A Confession

Sabre
29 January 2002, 09:38 PM
First, I must begin with an apology. Words cannot heal the wounds I have caused, but I will speak them all the same, for having done what is done, I have nothing but regret. I should have known better. I wish now that I had been stopped. But it is too late for anything but remorse now... The evil I have unleashed upon this world is out. Pandora's box is open, and it can't be closed again. How could I have been so vain? To play God? Who do I think I am? I agonize over these questions, wrestling with my conscience for a moment of silence. What I have done is unspeakable, and evil, but if you must know... I have created a thing. An evil thing. I was desperate, but still I should have known better. I cannot destroy it. You cannot destroy it. But mybe it will destroy us...

And the evil thing shall be named...
Ramenghetti.

Yes.... two packages of ramen noodles and spaghetti sauce.. So simple, yet so evil. I am ashamed. But hey, we've all got to eat, right?

Tony J Case, Super Genius
29 January 2002, 11:56 PM
Yeah . . . but was it any good?

REG
30 January 2002, 01:55 AM
Hmm. I wonder...

Would the powdered soup base add or enhance the flavor of the spaghetti sauce before you pour it over the boiled ramen noodle?

Dr_Worm
30 January 2002, 10:09 AM
When I first moved out of the house I did not drive and so had to rely on my roomates for rides to the grocery store. On top of that I rarely had much spare money for food. One particularly bad evening all I could find in the house (yes we were actually out of ramen) was a can of corn. Now what makes it worse is that I had only been able to find a can of corn for breakfast too. I ate that can for breakfast and so it's brother was all that was left for me to eat for dinner. Looking at the can and dreading the taste so soon, I searched for something to spice it up. I found three sauces: Ketchup, Taco Bell Fire Sauce, Ranch Dressing. After looking over my choices I decided on Ranch dressing. Needless to say it was fairly nausiating to eat.

The happy ending came when my mother called and pryed out of me what I was eating for dinner. She promtly came over and took me grocery shopping.

Sabre
30 January 2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Tony J Case, Super Genius
Yeah . . . but was it any good?

No! It's altogether evil! Like horseradish and peanut butter... some things are never meant to be together. But obviously I didn't die from it. Maybe because I left the powder packet out of the deal.

Beware the ramenghetti all ye college dwellers. Some day when your cupboard is empty save for ramen and spaghetti sauce, it could come for you. (You'll survive if you eat it, but you may wish you didn't.)

DirkGreystoke
30 January 2002, 10:09 PM
It's OK, sabre. I did this a few times too when the cupboards were bare. It was not that bad.

REG
31 January 2002, 01:04 AM
I can top it off with my own worst quick-fix recipe ... REG's pork and beans.

Only I replace beans with corn...
I replace pork with luncheon meat...
And I use ketchup as sauce

.:raised: