PDA

View Full Version : Grrr....

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
30 January 2002, 02:12 PM
I am upset. Decipher should keep their license. WoTC should not have it, all of their games seem to come from a mold. I think I am going to scream...

Deck
31 January 2002, 09:39 AM
Well, I also find it a bit sad that they lost the licence, but for a different reason. I never played the card game seriously, as I had problems with the rules for the game. I also own only very few cards. But I always found them a useful source addition to the movies. They had characters whihc appeared in the movies but were unknown to the fans. Although there was not much information given on a small card, it was sufficient to get an image of the characters. :)

Let's see what's WotC makes out of the licence. ;)

Reverend Strone
28 February 2002, 05:59 AM
I agree with Admiral Deck.

I too, used to buy the cards and play the game some six odd years ago, but never seriously (ditto on the rules thing). I still occassionaly pick up a pack for the images. As Deck mentioned, they're good reference material for stuff that often never gets seen otherwise, but lately they had kind of lost their edge.

(little off topic asside- Decipher's LOTR TCG looks quite nice, again for the same reasons)

Perhaps Wotc will deliver more of the cool obscure stuff just as Decipher used to. At the very least they may be good reference for RPG game aids or model-making. I'll reserve judgement till I see 'em.

Still, if they're rubbish I'll not be too upset. I need another thing to tempt me to spend money like I need another hole in my head.

reliant
28 February 2002, 09:10 AM
I agree with revstone and admiral deck.

The rules for that card game were too confusing and complicated. The cards themselves looked cool and they are still good props for the RPG (nice to be able to pass around a card with a pic of what the PC's see). Then again, I'm not too big of a fan of any of the card games...

Jedi_Staailis
28 February 2002, 01:47 PM
I have to go with Alfred on this one. Though the rules were complicated, they were logical and worked extraordinarily well. I played in a few local tournaments and almost everybody played a different deck and was still competitive. The variety there is a testament to how well Decipher designed the game. I'm sorry to see them lose the licence, even though I'd stopped buying the cards.

This is not to say WotC won't do a bad job, but I thought Decipher's version was awesome.

Moridin
28 February 2002, 02:43 PM
I loved the Decipher game. It was such a refreshing change from the standard CCG fare. I'm disappointed in LFL for putting all their eggs in one basket. I have low hopes for the WotC TCG....not because it's WotC per se, but rather because it uses dice for damage resolution. Ick.

I'm not saying don't give it a shot, but I think LFL made a big mistake in moving the license over.