PDA

View Full Version : Sector Rangers in NJO Era?

Aaron B'Aviv
31 January 2002, 05:52 PM
Would the Sector Rangers be around in the NJO era? In what form? What kind of connection would Sector Rangers in Vong sectors have with Sector Rangers in NR sectors?

Would the Vong even allow the Sector Rangers to continue? What about the level 10 Sector Rangers from the PrC, the ones with inter-Sectoral responsibilities? Would they be allowed to go from Vong space to NR space?

Would the Vong see something like that as a security risk, or would they see it as a necessary morale boost to subjugated people? Do the Vong have their own police force? What would that be like?

Nazgul
1 February 2002, 04:00 AM
I think the NR would keep the Sector Rangers, their duties my change a little (well at least the targets and the definition of a crimial has changed).

I really don't think the Inter-Sector responsiblities would carry over to Vong space. Definate security risk (Although it would be amusing from the point of view that it would be another Vong 'let's play nice' trickery, but after the Assault on Coruscant, I don't think anyone would buy it). From the novels so far it pretty much looks like everyone would be reduced to slaves and they really don't care about their slave morale.

WRT a Vong Police force, probably nothing as such. They are probably held in line by their religious beleifs, and when those fail there is always the warrior cast.

Moose
1 February 2002, 05:45 AM
Where can you find stats on the sector rangers?

Nazgul
1 February 2002, 06:03 AM
The last SW Gamer (#8, I think, :))

Moridin
1 February 2002, 07:08 AM
And for D6 in the Criminal Organizations Galaxy Guide.

Deck
1 February 2002, 11:23 AM
Besides Galaxy Guide No. 11, mentioned by <b>Moridin</b>, you can find some information in <i>Pirates & Privateers</i> as well, coming together with typical starship stats for Sector Rangers. :)