PDA

View Full Version : OK, get out of THIS one,,,

The Admiral
2 February 2002, 07:49 PM
Right, my players, through no fault of their own (Except for all of it) have managed to get themselves into possibly the WORST scenario I've ever known. I'm hoping that some innovative ideas might be found as to how to get the out of it again.

Lemme explain. No, no there is no time. Lemme sum up.

They were invited to a party at a university. 25 floors, supported on 8 flying buttresses. Three of them attended. Two remained with the ship. The university was attacked by a group of death cultists. (These guys are in a hurry to kill as many people as possible, to appease their god who will torture their souls if they don't buy him off, they themselves are NOT keen on dying.)
Through a variety of misadventures, they assemble near the top floor, where they discover several cultist bodies. Realising, with some help from the ship bound crew, that the building was being stormed by Imperial StormCommandoes, they figure the SCs must have arrived in a trasnport. They find transport. They kill the pilot. They decide they really ought to try rescuing some students.
They jam up all the turbolifts in the building.
They get intercepted by the SC's who are strolling back to their ship. They drop their guns (Not being fools enough to think they can take SCs) and yell things along the lines of 'don' shoot! We's STUDENTS!' The StormCommandoes have a quick think, then bundle them onto the transport and take off. Yay!
They arrive in the main hangar of the Star Destroyer that rushed to the scene.
They realise that the captains is a secret member of the cult when they see that his make up is wearing off, and he has the same tattoos under it as the cultists.
They come clean, ish, and say they're not students, they're members of a small trading company. The Captain nods, then orders the university building flattened. The ISD promptly does just that.
The two party members who were in the ship, realising their buddies got out on the transport, promptly lift off, and charge at the ISD at flank speed, coming to a stop only after the ISD captain points out that an unarmed courier vessel rushing a star destroyer is likely to got shot down, and perhaps they'd like to dock to discuss whatever grievance they have.
They dock.
At this point, the other members are locked in a room with four agitated StormCommandoes.
The ISD captain states the parameters of the deal he's willing to make with the courier vessel. "Your friends ARE dead, the only question is whether they died when your ship was destroyed, or whether they died in the university." Now, the current captain of the courier, one Zognogar the Kamarian, has a quick think, realises that he never liked his fellow crew members, and remembers his last orders were to protect his ship at all costs, basically says, 'right you are then, we'll be leaving'. The other two people on his ship overhear this, and one of them rushes to the engineering section and sets all five fusion reactors to overload, thinking this'll give them a bargaining chip with the ISD. Zognogar realised what was happening, and has also rushed to engineering.
Unbeknownst to the party, by jamming the turbolifts, they screwed five years of planning, and caused the ISD captain to kill fifty or so of his best troops (the cultists) and 3,000 or so students, simultaeneously annoying the corporation that sponsored the university. That corporation had until this point been a supporter of the Empire.
The ISD Captain, Dekkone, has no idea whether or not 3,000 students would offset the loss of 50+ true believers, but since he ISN'T sure, he's VERY SURE he doesn't want to die just yet.

The current situation;

Loki, a PhoPhenean gunslinger, Hrexan, a befuddled Meris Doctor, Kzikku, the panic struck Kinotknid speed-thief, Sargeant Trace and Private Zennip, of an Alliance Army Line Squad, are trapped in a room with StormCommandoes. They are unarmed, save for the Kinotknid, who has two charged stungauntlets, four arms, and a pair of bacnor hand batons.
Zognogar is aiming his gun at Private Schlorvak, who is similarly aiming her gun at him, having a mexican standoff next to five overloading generators, and the ISD captain is having absolute kittens.

Believe it or not, that's the SHORT version. (It didn't include such events as the speeder-van Vs. missile launchers battle, or the 'What's this grey stuff stuck to the buttresses with a blicking device wodged into it?' senes for a start,,,)

BrianDavion
2 February 2002, 08:45 PM
this sounds like it would be a handy time for the GM to give em a divine miricle or something... that or start planning for a new campaign

Gulmyros
2 February 2002, 09:23 PM
I give you two options.

First, they're stuck. Too bad, so sad.

Sometimes players do dumb things, or make obviously bad choices, or whatever, and there's no bailing them out of it. Once in a while a character dies and the players learn a valuable lesson or two.

Second, take a page from the 1st edition adventure "Starfall."

In that one, the PCs are prisoners in the brig of a Victory class Star Destroyer. While they're trapped, there's a Rebel attack on the SD (and any other vessels in the area, can't remember specifics right now). So you could have someone show up who threatens the SD. They might be affiliated with the PCs, or might be another group with no ties to the PCs. It might be enough for a momentary power drop.... or something useful.

Then you get to run an escape sequence where the Imps are too concerned with the external threat to put enough emphasis on the PCs recapture.

:)

Gully

Moose
2 February 2002, 09:34 PM
Wow..thats a sticky situation.
I think I would go with Gully and his second plan of the rebel attack...that is if you want your players to live. If not I can see no other way for their escape.

Jan Tolbara
2 February 2002, 10:11 PM
Yep, that's a pretty bad situation.

I concur with Gulmyros on this one. If you want the characters to live beyond this situation, have some sort of attack on the Star Destroyer cause enough of a distraction to allow the party to try to escape with their hides intact. If not, I'd suggest to your players that they should roll up new characters.

Gulmyros
2 February 2002, 11:46 PM
Oh, and a couple of options with the 'external threat' idea.

It could be someone aligned with one or more of the PCs. Later, you can have a higher level NPC chew them out for 'having to come save your butt.'

It could be that same group, but a coincidental attack. Maybe the players figure you're trying to help 'em out.

Or it could be a completely independent group (rebels, or pirates, or spooky aliens, or whatever) so you could telegraph to your players how deep they are and how much 'magic' it takes to get them out. :)

Or just space 'em and start over!

Gully

st-153-45
3 February 2002, 12:23 AM
have your players join the cultist clan of the mad captain , let them con or talk their way into it and if that succeeds make them and a lot of other cultists go kill a bunch of inocent civillians.
in that case they'll be on some planet and they just have to get by a bunch of people , not storm commandoes.
that is if they ever get the chance of conning the captain in letting 'em join the cult.
in this case itll be easier to escape a group of crazy nutsoes, cause i dont think your players are that anxious for DS points, then an entire star destroyer.

The Admiral
3 February 2002, 05:18 AM
Hmm, intriguing.

I'm certainly not against character death, since this particular game started we've lost;
Norman Bates, fighter pilot and Saul Vribe, Alliance Intelligence Liaison, to Zognogar's paranoia induced throwing of a hiex grenade into their last ship's power core.
Moreen O'Sara, fighter pilot, murdered by drowning by her husband, Johnathan. (They had the same player,,,)
Johnathan O'Sara, executed by the Alliance based on fake evidence created by Zognogar, for murdering his wife.
Wikiki, Jawa fighter pilot, killed when an ejector seat he was tinkering with fired him into the roof of the hangar.
And Shak Alak, con man, tried to mug Talon Karrde, and underestimated the 'pretty bit of fluff' on his arm.
That's all in about 24 game sessions.

I am, however, somewhat loath to wipe out 80% of the party in one fell swoop. The 'No, no, I'm a Cultist too! Hail Dolchas, Eater of Souls, Bless his Holy Wrath!' is a good one for buying those guys some time. Which is good. Not only would Dekkone only kill them personally, he's already worried enough at havig to kill 50 brethren that killing them when there's a possibility of their being true believers would stop him dead, at least for a while.

There's no chance of an attack on the ISD, the Alliance has one MC60 cruiser in the sector, and about four squadrons of Y-Wings. They won't attack an ISD just to get these players.
VITEL might concievably be angry enough to mount a reciprocal attack, but it'd take days for them to assemble a force capable of taking on the Chastener, and if they did, all hell would break loose in the sector.
The only pirate types in the sector are small fry, or the hotch podge forces of Relkorn the Homicidal. He just might be mad enough to attack,,,

The other option that just occured to me is an attack by other Star Destroyers. Part of Captain Dekkone's plan was to force Moff Jarek to resign, as Dekkone thinks that Jarek's likely replacement, Governor Parish, would be more sympathetic to his Culty ways. Consequently, Jarek loyalist Star Destroyers might concievably attack. That, however, would escalate the political plot to a point that should be about 6 months gametime ahead.

Hmm, anyway, some good ideas, if they haven't come up with something before we start gaming next friday, I'll give 'em a copy of this thread.

Rigil Kent
3 February 2002, 06:37 AM
What about other members of the ISD crew? Perhaps the XO is not a member of this death cult and realizes that his boss is working against the interests of the Empire. An attempted mutiny breaks out, which should give the characters an opportunity to escape during the confusion.

If the XO is scum, then you could easily have the equivalent of a Soviet zampolit or political officer aboard who realizes something is wrong. Check out Red October for some interesting Russian/Imperial analogies (Imperial Intelligence agent posing as a cook, perhaps he mistakenly believes that the Captain is planning to defect.)

How are stormtroopers done in your game? Are they brainwashed to be loyal to (a) commanding officers, or (b) the Empire. If the latter, perhaps one of the Storm Commandos realizes that the Captain is working against the Empire and leads a particularly bloody mutiny.

If you want to have the Moff show up and not have a fight, perhaps he arrives with five or six ISDs that immediately array themselves against the current ISD. It seems unlikely that most of the crew of Dekkone's ISD would be members of this cult so they would probably balk at firing upon the new arrivals. Why did the Moff arrive? Perhaps he suspects Dekkone is against him and has arranged to arrest the Captain and interrogate him. Perhaps the corporation that sponsored the university called in a favor and got the Moff to act against this possible rogue ISD Captain.

Finally, what if this Captain's true allegiances were found out by Palpatine himself? Perhaps he orders one of the command crew to arrest the captain and make best possible speed to Imperial Center so the Captain can be...questioned. Once the Captain has been tossed into a cell, the acting-commander questions the characters and may be fooled into letting them go.

Just a few ideas for you to chew on...

Donovan Morningfire
3 February 2002, 06:41 AM
Just read the basic overview of the scenario, and the first thing that pops to mind is a quote from a certain crazy Irishman;

"Ah father, I'll tell 'em. The Lord says he'll get me through this, but he's pretty sure you're fxxked. Ha!!" :D

If you really want to save these guys, then "divine intervention" is about their only recourse. Granted if you've done this several times before in the past, then maybe it's time to bring home the point of character mortality and off the buggers. (From the sounds of the Zognognar character, that's no big loss for the galaxy.) Despite rumors to the contrary, I'm not a particular bloodthirsty GM (though I am rather fiendish when it comes to tormenting my PCs), but there comes a time where if you don't kill them, the suspension of disbelief goes right out the window, or worse yet, the players start metagaming, thinking they have "script immunity" and that you would never let them just die. Which takes a lot of the excitement out of it, and thus ruins everyone's enjoyment of the game. Yeah, it sucks losing a character that you've played for a long time, but no one lives forever. :)

Nazgul
3 February 2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by The Admiral
There's no chance of an attack on the ISD, the Alliance has one MC60 cruiser in the sector, and about four squadrons of Y-Wings. They won't attack an ISD just to get these players.

1) It doesn't need to be a full on assault, there could just be a squadron of over-zealous rebel pilots out there who hear about the university being leveled and want revenge (ofter all you never know when a pilot has a little sister or sweet-heart who happened to be attending the university).

2) In addition to #1, but the MC60 could be in the area and the captain could decide that he may want a little action of teaching the ISD that its not right to kill people, they don't need to kill the ISD. Just have the Y-wings hyperspace in perform a scouting run on the ISD's orientation. Have the rebel crusier just outside of the system (after all they could have been trailing the ISD for a little while trying to figure out what's its up to) jump in behind the ISD cripple the drive system and jump out or either stay there and toy with them a little.

These should give the PCs a little time, as the ISD tries to goto battle stations. Hope this helps.

The Admiral
3 February 2002, 08:26 AM
Rigel;

What about other members of the ISD crew? Perhaps the XO is not a member of this death cult and realizes that his boss is working against the interests of the Empire.
Well, Dekkone wouldn’t have even considered the plan he attempted had he not been sure of his crews loyalty. Certainly, they’re not all cult members, (very very few in fact) BUT, they are extremely loyal to him. He treats his crew pretty well. He’s not stupid enough to risk his main asset by sacrificing them. The XO would certainly get involved if there was a conflict of interest in the Captain. More on that later,,,

Check out Red October for some interesting Russian/Imperial analogies
One of my favourite books ;-)
“He slipped on some tea, look, on the deck,,,”
“I will have a happy fat wife, and white fences!”

How are stormtroopers done in your game?
Loyal to the Empire. But they don’t ask many questions. As yet, Dekkone hasn’t done anything contrary to the interests of the Empire. They’d certainly have great misgivings about firing on Imperials, but they don’t give two hoots about being ordered to kill civilians. The Storm Commandoes mission was to extract the Cultists. They had no problem with that. The original plan was to have the Cultists extracted by Storm Commandoes, after which the building would be flattened anyway, collecting souls for Dolchas, and allowing the fifty or so cultists to disappear, presumed killed, whilst they actually would be transported to a safe world. The plan went wrong because with the lifts out, the commandoes couldn’t extract the cultists before VITEL security forces stormed the building.

Captain Dekkone isn’t working against the Empire, with the cult, he’s working off to one side, in the Parish Vs. Jarek stakes, he’s working within the Empire.

Why did the Moff arrive?
Oh he hasn’t, he’s still quite happy on the Capital world. He’d be very unlikely to leave. He’s aware of both Dekkone’s beliefs, and Dekkone’s loyalty to Parish, but he has his own schemes within schemes. Overt military action is not in his character (He’s a former Ubitorate Sub-Director), it’d also call too much attention to him from Imperial leaders, and he doesn’t want to risk his position.

Perhaps the corporation that sponsored the university called in a favor and got the Moff to act against this possible rogue ISD Captain.
Well, VITEL will CERTAINLY be kicking up a very major public fuss about the Imperials destroying a very expensive facility. The political shockwaves surrounding that will echo throughout the sector ;-)

Finally, what if this Captain's true allegiances were found out by Palpatine himself?
In my universe, there is NOTHING Palpatine doesn’t know. He actively supports political rivalry, and would most likely see this as an interesting test of Jarek and Parish,,,

Donovan;

Granted if you've done this several times before in the past, then maybe it's time to bring home the point of character mortality and off the buggers.
Oh, I don’t use divine intervention at all. Not once, not ever. If push does indeed come to shove, they’ll die.

(From the sounds of the Zognognar character, that's no big loss for the galaxy.)
Ah, but the thing about Zognogar, the really important critical thing, is that he’s FANTASTIC. He’s played to perfection. Owen (who also runs Kzikku) was physically kicking himself on Friday when he was forced by the character’s nature, to sacrifice Kzikku (His favourite character). Zognogar is an extremely adept character, he’s the only team member with real leadership skills, even if he loathes ‘the sweaters’ he’s committed to the goal of defeating the Empire, and does this in the most expeditious manner possible. Losing Zog would be a serious blow.

there comes a time where if you don't kill them, the suspension of disbelief goes right out the window
I agree entirely, don’t worry about that, they’re under no illusions at all about the very very real danger of getting dead.

Nazgul

After all you never know when a pilot has a little sister or sweet-heart who happened to be attending the university.
Interesting idea, hmmm,,,

In addition to [quote]1, but the MC60 could be in the area and the captain could decide that he may want a little action of teaching the ISD that its not right to kill people
Unfortunately, the MC60 is no match whatsoever for an ISD. They’re smaller, weaker, with fewer weapons than an MC80. One of the Alliances big goals is to acquire a serious capital ship presence in the sector because as it stands, they are unable of engaging the main backbone of the Imperial Navy. (The players are actually on a mission to upgrade their 115 meter ship to combat standards). There’s no way that the Alliance could attack.

Hope this helps.
Oh it all helps, even if I have to rebut many ideas, it clears stuff in my mind. J

DirkGreystoke
3 February 2002, 08:41 AM
Ok, I have two ideas

1. Have the PCs stand trial on an Imperial world. While the court case is going on they find out that the cultist captain is not very poplular among his contemporaries. They expose the captain's involvement in the cult, and the Imperial magistrate sees it as treason. Then the Captain and the players are all shipped off to an Imperial prison where the PCs can make a daring escape.

2. Have the Star Destroyer crash. I did this once and it worked out pretty good. You could use a Rebel attack, or some other natural disaster. I have this adventure posted on the Dark Lords of the SIth site, under the adventures section. It is called "Terror from the Sky."

http://starwars-rpg.net/dlos/adventures/terrorfromthesky.html

It looks to me that you guys have a good game going. Don't give up and start over yet. I think it is much more fun to get out of messes.

BrianDavion
3 February 2002, 10:04 AM
how about having the ISD warp to attack a rebel base while your PCs are on it and then get hit by a planetary Ion Cannon... the base doesn't even have to be rebel, but perhaps a pirate base..

the resulting power loss would provide them oppertunity to escape.

or maybe another suggestion, one of the storm troopers is a rebel Mole who gives am a hand at an approperiate time:)

Rogue Janson
3 February 2002, 10:59 AM
My advice - all really evil characters like killing people in really evil ways, inadvertantly allowing them to escape.

If this James Bond/ Batman/Whatever else style isn't good for you, I do like the idea of trying to convince the captain they are really cultists or whatever. In order to prove themselves, they have to commit some truly horrible deeds, racking up DSPs and if possible having to sacrifice things valuable to them. If they refuse of course, they're dead, but even if they survive, the trauma may mean they're never quite the same again, or at least can provide some major motivation for the campaign.

Superdog
3 February 2002, 11:27 AM
Hide in the shadows and talk to the captain as if you were his Dark God. Tell him he failed and he has to release his prisoners so they may be killed by someone worthy on a later date. Also record this conversation so the Captain is incriminated and put it over the loudpspeaker before you go. Of course you still have to escape from your cell. Perhaps tell the guard you can prove his captain is a cultist if he lets you out. That's my first thought.

Gulmyros
3 February 2002, 02:19 PM
The ultimate bail out - - -

*Cut to interior, SD bridge*
"Lieutenant!"
"Yes, what is it?"
"Sir, I've got incoming ships on my scope, designation unknown."
"Unknown?"
"Yes, sir. They're an odd shape. I think I can get a visual..."
"Interesting. They almost look like large flying letters. That one looks like a giant 'M'... "
"Lieutenant, the other one looks like a giant 'G'. Wait, they're moving into an attack formation!"
"I know these aliens," the Lieutenant almost whispered. "They always come in pairs. Always the same. Always... GM...."

Gully

Rigil Kent
3 February 2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by The Admiral
Well, Dekkone wouldn’t have even considered the plan he attempted had he not been sure of his crews loyalty. Certainly, they’re not all cult members, (very very few in fact) BUT, they are extremely loyal to him. He treats his crew pretty well. He’s not stupid enough to risk his main asset by sacrificing them. The XO would certainly get involved if there was a conflict of interest in the Captain. More on that later,,,

Loyalty only goes so far, especially in the Empire. You could also consider having the XO be a deepcover agent for the Emperor (or the Rebs, or even a rival cult) who is working in subtle ways against the Captain. Is Dekkone's star rising? Perhaps the XO (or another officer) wants to cut him down a little so he arrranges for the PCs to escape from the cell.

In my universe, there is NOTHING Palpatine doesn’t know. He actively supports political rivalry, and would most likely see this as an interesting test of Jarek and Parish,,,

The rivalry is one thing but perhaps he sees the cult as, well not a threat but still something that needs to be squashed. Particularly if it's leader is a powerful Dark Jedi who remains in hiding for fear of attracting Palpatine's attention...

I had a situation that was relatively similiar. My characters were captured by the Sector Moff (Brak Sector) and thrown into the brig; they had been betrayed by one of their own who was promptly shot because he no longer served a purpose. With him, I allowed him to wake up in the morgue, mortally wounded but still clinging to life. After getting himself healed up just a bit (medpacs and all that), he staged a rescue by blowing out electrical conduits and killing power to security, then started tossing rigged blaster bombs. The PCs hid out in various locations on the ISD while the search for them commenced and eventually hitched rides aboard some Lambda-class shuttles (by hiding themselves in the cargo area.) I figured it wasn't impossible to stay hidden on a Star Destroyer - they're BIIIIG.

Just some more thoughts...

Troy Henist
4 February 2002, 05:11 AM
A quick question about this statement.

" At this point, the other members are locked in a room with four agitated StormCommandoes. "

Are the Storm Commando's prisoners as well or acting as guards?

Chris Curtis
4 February 2002, 06:04 AM
> Are the Storm Commando's prisoners as well or acting as guards?

I asked Ben this same question, so I can answer it. The Storm Commandos are not prisoners. They are, however, locked into the same area as the PCs and acting as guards. I'm guessing it's one of those sit along one wall with your weapons leveled at the prisoners things...

Troy Henist
4 February 2002, 07:18 AM
Could you use this:-

Part of Captain Dekkone's plan was to force Moff Jarek to resign, as Dekkone thinks that Jarek's likely replacement, Governor Parish, would be more sympathetic to his Culty ways. Consequently, Jarek loyalist Star Destroyers might concievably attack. That, however, would escalate the political plot to a point that should be about 6 months gametime ahead.

Prehaps because of the incident at the Uni, and the attention that will be generated because of it, Captain Dekkone will be under scrunity for a while. Which might mean he has to curtail any political maneuvering he is currently undertaking against the Moff. Prehaps he can use the PC's to futher his causes until everything dies down. If he is unaware of their Rebel ties, the PC's could use this an oppurtunity to help destabailse the area, which in-turn might present the Alliance with oppurtunities in the area that they might not have had.

The Admiral
8 February 2002, 10:01 AM
Right, well, this thread demands a little closure. We gamed last night. They lived.

Before I explain how, Owen (AKA Kzikku & Zognogar) wanted me to pass on his congratulations to Dirk Greystroke on the basis that his suggestions would have resulted in three months of gameplay, in addition to being a neat way of getting them out of it.

Onto their escape;

Zognogar ordered Schlorvak to shut down the reactors, and then comlinked Captain Dekkone, claiming to have stored recordings made during the hostage scenario, that implicated Dekkone rather deeply, safely locked away on the planet with orders that they be released to the media if they did not return safely. Dekkone agreed that there might be room for some more discourse.

Meanwhile;
As the crew locked in the room (Which was, incidentally, the Captain's office, deck 17, section 27 Baker) meandered around, getting nervous, an orderly arrived with an array of Chorvan Sausages MARIANADED in red Zeltiv wine sauce. Sgt. Trace (NPC) quickly picked up on the marinade, remembering that just a day before, they had sold a cargo of Karbags shellfish to the elusive Guild of Mariandinieres (A secret society of ninja sauce makers, intended to be a guest humour group) He claimed to be vegetarian, and when Private Zennip went to grab a bowl, said;
"Zennip, you're a vegetarian too, aren't you?"
"Ah, no sir?"
"I'm quite CERTAIN that you are."
"Oh, right. Yep, no meat for me."
Hrexan and Kzikku both decided that they too, were vegetarians.
Loki and Hermi both completely failed to get the point, and tucked in. As did two of the Stormcommandoes, who, when their helmets were removed, turned out to be cultists. (Eeep!)

Zognogar finds that they are unable to shut down reactor 3, as he had used that engine's heatsinks to power the main comms array when the cultists had jammed the area. His exact words at this point are unprintable.
He comms Captain Dekkone again, and says that this reactor is not shutting down, and since the ship is 6,000 years old, they needed their engineer to come and fix it. Zognogar informs Dekkone that their engineer is 'the four armed one.'
Dekkone agrees, and comms his office.

A third SC answers the desk commlink, and when his helmet is revealled, Kzikku is shocked to see he's the leader of the cultists that attacked the university, Kalron DuSchloss. Dekkone and Kalron have a quick chat, and Dekkone demands that he have 'the four armed one' brought down to the mainhangar. He details the guy who still has his Storm Commando helmet on to escort Loki down there. Failing to notice that Kzikku also happens to have four arms, it's just his littlest arms are folded up. At this point, Loki, Hermi and the two cultists are yawning noticably.

Zognogar has an extensive chat with both EB-GB the R2 unit, and it's parasitic droid counterpart, the deeply evil PK-L0K, concerning how they might go about removing the safeties on one of the hyperspace drones stored in the nose.
Loki is sent across to the ship in a jury rigged space suit, using two small thruster sticks. He's brought into the ship, but almost falls asleep on his way to the bridge, and gets sent to the small medbay to wake himself up. At this point, Loki fails to heed my warnings of 'you should be ok, just don't roll a 1.' and promptly rolls a 1 on his wild die, and sedates himself heavilly.

In other news, the two cultists are close to passing out badly, Kalron stands directly in front of them screaming at them to wake up or face his wrath. Kzikku takes the opportunity to slap both his stun gauntlets on the sides of his head, felling him instantly. The two cultists finally give up the ghost, and pass out. Hrexan, the doctor, uses their med-paks to awaken Hermi. Trace, Zennip and Hrexan get into the SC's armour, and prepare to 'escort' Kzikku and Hermi down to the main hangar.

Zognogar tell Dekkone that he sent the wrong four armed geezer, and they need to find the lizardy one. Dekkone suggests that he sends Loki back, so that Loki can complete some 'paperwork'. Zognogar informs him that Loki is very ill and has fallen into a coma. Dekkone assembles a medical team.

At this point, the boys emerge into the main hangar. Dekkone demands to know why they have brought them down here. Kzikku then shouts;
"Now! Now! Do it NOW!" Unfortunately he forgot to tell anyone else what they were suppossed to do when he shouted now, so he was forced to add,,,
"Shoot them! NOW!"
Kzikku lets rip with a Bacnor Hand baton, and immolates Captain Dekkone, sending his crispy body flying across the hangar. Kzikku and Hermi start running for the open door of the TIE shuttle that was to be used for the medical team. Trace, Zennip and Hrezan open fire over their heads, shouting 'everybody DOWN they're OURS!' and charge after them into the shuttle.

Zognogar detects the shuttle's launch, and the unmistakable hand baton's firing, and assumes the team are on route in the shuttle. He finsishes calculating the jump he intends to perform.

The shuttle docks with the ship, which is now reversing, and flaring it's engines. The team debark in no short order as Zognogar performs a -z manouvere, whilst rotating in the Y axis (keeping the nose more or less in the hangar bay, whilst dropping backwards. As the nose is about to pass through the ISD's shield perimeter, they accelerate a hyperspace probe directly into the unshielded star destroyer. There is an almighty bang, and the ship gets a thorough flame was as it passes through the shields, which hold just long enough to protect the ship from the blast. Zognogar immediately heels the ship around, and makes a hyperspcae jump less than fifty meters from the ship.

The instant the ship jumps, however, there is an almighty bang, the status board for engine 4 explodes, and engines 3 & 5 show critical. The ship drops from H-Space, and they survey the damage. Turns out, that although they undocked the TIE shuttle just prior to jumping, it hadn't had a chance to move very far away, and when they jumped, it ended up solidly IN the #4 engine. Schlorvak and Vanmore died in that debacle, and the ship is now crippled,,,,

BUT they got away!