PDA

View Full Version : Chiss exploration

ColoPash
6 February 2002, 06:21 PM
Have there been any books written about the exploration of Chiss space after "Vision of the Future?" and I'm not talkin NJO, either, I read a few of them and they weren't much too my liking, even though I didn't much care about the deaths of 2 important characters. So any books written, comic or novel?

Rigil Kent
6 February 2002, 06:29 PM
As far as I know, that would be a big negative. Are you planning on exploring the region in an upcoming game? I'd recommend tuning into Farscape and turning the region into the Uncharted Territories (with the Chiss becoming the Peacekeepers maybe?) But of course, I dig Farscape too much not to throw in a random plug for it...

As to a clear definition of what's actually there, I think we need to start defining exactly how large a space it is. I personally hate the NJO map and think the Unexplored Region (or Unknown Space, or Uncharted Territories) should be vast, perhaps as much as 25% of the SW galaxy.

We know that the Ssi-Ruuk (sp?) were there until the Chiss stomped them like so much bug goo. As to anything else...who knows?

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

ColoPash
6 February 2002, 06:32 PM
I think the unknown regions will make a great campaign environment. Stuff that nobody knows about, and in a period where you can play imperial and actually walk around in republic space without being stomped on. Plus most of my jedi players wont do a Vong environment, thinking it's cheesy. Something about new alien species that happen to be force-immune.. meh, oh well. It leaves a lot of room for made up stuff, and that's ALWAYS good! :D

Aaron B'Aviv
6 February 2002, 07:50 PM
The only other incidence of the Chiss in the unknown regions is in a Star Wars Gamer short story... I think it was gamer 6, but i'm not sure. Featured Jag Fel as the main character, and it was very well written.

Deck
10 February 2002, 02:49 PM
Yep, the Chiss are definitely worth a look. They are a cool and mysterious species. We don't have much source material, so we should get every detail we can get. Here are the sources I know of:

<b>Chiss References</b><ul><li>Hand of Thrawn Duology (of course, and as already mentioned</li>
<li>Essential Guide to Alien Species</li>
<li>Aliens of the Galaxy (d20 supplement)</li>
<li>SW Gamer #5 (d20 magazine)</li></ul>
I hope this helps someone. :)