PDA

View Full Version : Force-user Training Methods

Lost Jedi
8 February 2002, 12:29 PM
Im looking for training methods that your force-users that have done during a game. Like a type of telekinesis practice (like removing air from a bottle) or lightsaber practice.

Kobayashi_Maru
8 February 2002, 02:06 PM
My character trained with only the hilt of the LS, I attached a tassel to the end of it and by using the tassel as a guide learned many a LS techniques. The idea is the use of kata or forms and keeping the tassel straight and untangeled; then it begins to shadow what the blade "would" be doing (if the LS worked). As I had to step up and work on other forms defensive/offensive we used stun blades so mistake ment pain but not death.:D

DirkGreystoke
8 February 2002, 02:08 PM
One thing we used was taken from the comic book adaptation of The Empire Strikes Back, in which Yoda tells Luke to cut a metal bar into seven pieces while it is falling in mid air....for lightsaber practice.

When we had Jedi go through the Trials, they faced a series of tests. I'll have to back and look through the notebook but one thing that I can recall was that the Jedi had to negotiate a peace treaty between to warring factions in a holographic scenario.

Strikerkc
8 February 2002, 03:40 PM
a place where i found out about a couple of prety good jedi training exersises was in "I Jedi" while Coran Horn was training at the new Jedi academy.

a few examples where things like moving a peble in a partners hand with the force, moving large stones that are lodged in the ground.

they even had Coran Horn, practice his mind tricks by showing fellow students what they might look like with facial hair or a diferent hair color/style (buy projecting that image in to their minds)

they even at one point went over the 3 circle defence with the light sabre

i hope this helps you out. and if you want me to explain the light saber defence or lok up the other stuff so you don't need to go buy the book or somthin let me know:D (but i HIGHLY sugest reading it even if not to learn about the training technichs)

Donovan Morningfire
8 February 2002, 06:15 PM
There were a series of training exercises/cadences in WEG's Galaxy Guide 9. I converted them over to d20 a while back, and included a link to the thread.

Consists mostly of lightsaber cadences and telekinesis practices. I guess Sense-based training is mostly sit on your butt and contemplate your navel :D

http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=4190

DirkGreystoke
9 February 2002, 10:07 AM
Thanks Donovan. Just printed them out.

Lord Byss
11 February 2002, 01:41 AM
Cant remeber where I read this now but this test I read about the master asked the student to tunr on a light switch or pick up a stone. If they use the force to do it then they fail. This is then followed by lectures on not using the force as crutches etc etc.

Lost Jedi
13 February 2002, 12:23 PM
ive got GG9 and I,Jedi

i was looking for somethings you guys have made up
- moving the air, very slowly, around a room to detect vong or droids
- using absorb/dissipate energy to parry stun sabers
- using telekinesis to create a fire
- using telekinesis instead of your hands during a practice saber battle

stuff like that