PDA

View Full Version : Calling all GMs

DirkGreystoke
9 February 2002, 12:29 PM
Ok, starting a new campaign in the days of the {very} Old Republic...1000 years before The Phantom Mencace. We have three Jedi characters. Any ideas for a first adventure?

Thanks.

Rigil Kent
9 February 2002, 12:49 PM
Could you give us a little more background on the characters? Do you have a goal for the campaign like the PCs dealing with the last rise of the Sith (after all, the Jedi Council declared that the Sith had been extinct for a millenia.)?

What level are the characters? Are they just beginning (1st level, 7D in skills) or are they a little more experienced?

Something I would suggest is to have the players come up with at least a minimum backstory. Check out that backstory and see if there is anything you can work with. Perhaps the Rule of Two for the Jedi has not been established yet.

Okay, story suggestions. Let's see, using the last rise of the Sith as a basis for an idea:

PCs (along with their respective Master(s), are dispatched to a frontier world (maybe Alderaan just to be amusing) to deal with a pirate cartel. They land, and all three of the Masters inform them to stay with the ship. Ship comes under attack by some pirates - if things start getting dicey, one of the Masters returns to lend a hand.

A couple of adventures in which PCs can kick some serious pirate butt (or get kicked) and one of the Masters continues to grow concerned about a pattern that only he seems able to discern. PCs given opportunity to force a peace onto the pirates? You could throw in a temple raid or something like that if you want.

The Master who sees the pattern is killed in a manner consistent with that of another Jedi and PCs should suspect one of the other Masters who has been acting oddly since they left the pirate cartel world.

Well, that exceeds my current mental capacity. I'm working on my own campaign and am still focused on it. Hope that helps...

DirkGreystoke
9 February 2002, 02:16 PM
Sorry, they are all first level Jedi - two guardians and one consular [d20]. The consular is from Alderaan, which is a world in a lot of trouble at this time. The other two Jedi are from isolated planets...one of them is the first of his kind ever to be trained as a Jedi. As a GM I am basing nothing on the Tales of the Jedi comics or any other EU source - just the two pages in the TPM novelization.

Strikerkc
10 February 2002, 07:38 AM
well i personaly would read through the first few "chapters" in the star wars cronology book tog et an idea of what sort of things are going on at that point.

ex)
-are the massasi still on yavin
-have the banished dark jedi even found the republic yet
-etc, etc

Dragon Fox 3
10 February 2002, 07:42 PM
Another source you could use for events that happened 1000 years before TPM is the Dark Side Source Book.

1000 year before Ep. IV A New Hope, the Sith did declare war on the Republic.

You could have the three Jedi investigating claims that a Sith battle group is on Alderaan or perhaps that a secret fleet of Sith Battle Ships are massing near one a known moon or Outer Rim (I guess the Outer Rim of that time would be the Mid Rim of the current galaxy map). What information I have comes from the Dark Side Source Book, so if you have that, you should beable to come up with a few missions with the limited descriptions they give you of the time periods.

Lord Diggori
12 February 2002, 01:27 AM
I recommend taking a look at the Dark Horse series "Jedi vs. Sith". There story is set at the same time period you want and shows the last days of the Battle of Ruusan where the Sith were exterminated (except for Darth Bane whom started the Master Apprentice rule).

Reverend Strone
12 February 2002, 12:28 PM
Okay, first level Padawans eh?

What if these guys have been taken to some mysterious, lonely planet in the middle of nowhere by a Jedi Master for a training mission. The Master has kept the details of the exercise a secret, including their actual location and they have few or no resources.

It all goes horribly wrong when their Master is killed in an accident or by some mysterious circumstance, leaving the players to figure out what to do in a totaly alien environment with no clues where they are, how to get home, what to eat, who's a friend or foe, or who killed their Master. Basically, they're on their own and soooo not prepared.

Perhaps they've stumbled onto some secret organisation's hideout or a lost Dark Jedi haven? Perhaps their Master isn't really dead and this is all part of the exercise to see how they cope?

This kind of justifies having three newbie Jedi Padawan out on their own and in a position of peril. It's hard to imagine the Jedi Counsel sending these guys anywhere on their own otherwise.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Rigil Kent
12 February 2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by revstrone
It all goes horribly wrong when their Master is killed in an accident or by some mysterious circumstance, leaving the players to figure out what to do in a totaly alien environment with no clues where they are, how to get home, what to eat, who's a friend or foe, or who killed their Master. Basically, they're on their own and soooo not prepared.

Alternatively, it could simply APPEAR that the Master was killed in this horrendous manner and he is actually testing the PCs by seeing what they will do in such a situation.