PDA

View Full Version : Building Lightsabers

Ralzma02
14 February 2002, 12:34 PM
Hello all, Could someone please give me some indepth information on how to create sabers, for example, if one must create schematics. Also, where are the crystals found in the old republic. Anything else would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks

FallenAngel
14 February 2002, 12:58 PM
hmm... thats a very very good question. as far as i know, schematics are needed... Luke used those found in Obi-wan's journal(i presume there were schematics), and corran horn used those his grandfather had left in I Jedi. As for the gems... well, there's a reason you have to go on adventures to get them. They could be found in an old computer matrix, in the horde of a hutt crimelord, etc. Anywhoo, the network has a very good guide for lightsabers... the net guide to lightsaber construction, or something along those lines.

Gulmyros
14 February 2002, 01:14 PM
Take a look:

Net.Guide to Lightsaber Construction (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=588)

That article ought to give you a boost. But if it falls short, keep asking here and you'll get answers. Gobs and gobs of people around here have opinions on lightsabers. :)

Wade Trenor
14 February 2002, 01:56 PM
Schematics aren't always needed. For instance, when Anakin Skywalker went to build his lightsaber, he went into as trance, and when he came out of it, he found the lightsaber had been constructed.

Anyhow, page 153 of the CR also tells what equipment and conditions you need to build your lightsaber.

FallenAngel
14 February 2002, 08:17 PM
did anakin do that in episode II?

Wade Trenor
14 February 2002, 10:52 PM
No, it was in the novel "Jedi Quest". It was also adapted to comics for those interested. B)

Krad-edis
15 February 2002, 10:17 AM
Here is a very good site, which gives D6 applications for construction. The schematics can be easily converted over to D20

Lightsabres (http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/ls/sabres15.htm)

It gives information on lightsaber construction difficulties, availability of parts, the effects of different gems, and how to make dual phase lightsabers....interesting if not helpful.

Deck
15 February 2002, 12:56 PM
Well, the above mentioned sources are all very good. Besides them, there is only little more to mention. ;) But if you want to touch the mood and the spirit when creating a lightsabre, I recommend reading the following novels:
- Shadows of the Empire
- Jedi Academy (Trilogy)
- I, Jedi

They all feature more or less detailed passages of how the characters build their lightsabres. I enjoyed reading them, as lightsabres are such cool weapons. :)

dragonseye
15 February 2002, 02:57 PM
You can also find rules on how to build a dual lightsaber like Coran Horn's in the New Jedi Order book for the d20 system. (I don't have the book on me, but it is near the same page as Coran's stats.)

Also, a comic series (I don't remember the Title of the comic, it's something like Jedi Quest- that's a guess) that came out recently which gives a location for the crystals that Anakin Skywalker used in his lightsaber: Andagon (again, this is without the source, so I probably am spelling it wrong- sorry 'bout that.) The crystals are of the same name as the system they're found.

I would absolutely suggest reading I, Jedi by stackpole if you ever plan on playing a Jedi character. It has a great deal of inspirational material within it no matter what style of personality you wish to play as a character. It's a truly amasing and well written book.