PDA

View Full Version : Submitting GM Convention

Matt Richard
14 February 2002, 07:13 PM
On the SWRPG General Discussion Forum, I started a thread, GM Convention (and later the Player Convention). I plan to compile the replies into a pretty manner, and make a mini-supplement out of it. Would that be something that Submissions would accept, or should I just stick with my original plan to submitt it to DLOS?

Im sure, the answer to this question is somewhere on Submissions but for the life of my, I cant find the submission guidlines:( :? . Maybe its just me being an idiot:rolleyes: , its been known to happen before8o .

Thanks in advance and congradulations Rigil on the promotion. You have taken your first step into a larger world. Or--something like that.:D

Moridin
14 February 2002, 07:33 PM
Once you compile it, feel free to submit it as an article. However, isn't it the sort of thing that's more valuable as a Holonet discussion than a supplement?

If you DO decide to turn it into an article, I'd reccommend compiling it into one coherent and continuous article based on what's been said rather than simply copying and pasting text into a single file. I mean, anyone can archive a Holonet post. Forming it into a single, flowing article by a single author encompassing all the concepts presented in the thread will be more time and effort, but it will certainly be more useful to readers that way, and will look and sound a lot better than simply slapping everything into a single text file.

If you'd like an example, I'd like to suggest reading Tempting Characters with the Dark Side (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?id=625), an article I wrote based on a Holonet thread before the Dark Side Sourcebook came out. It encompasses many of the ideas in the thread, but reads like it has a single author, and flows like a magazine article. Not only will it be more useful, but it will also make your credit at the top of the article seem more well-earned.
Originally posted by Lord Byss...
Not sure about anybody else but I would love you to. Be sure to give us all a shout though when you are finished. Maybe you should compile this thread (big GM f**kups) with the other thread (best GM tricks) giving you a GMing SW for Dummies. It has a lot of potential Matt...I have to agree, this article does have a lot of potential. If you'd like some help compiling it and getting a style down, I'm willing to help with it. If you e-mail me with your ideas on it (moridin@swrpgnetwork.com) we can discuss ways to make the submission into the great article it could be.

Rigil Kent
14 February 2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Matt Richard
Im sure, the answer to this question is somewhere on Submissions but for the life of my, I cant find the submission guidlines:

Can't believe Moridin missed this part. :D When you click on Submit, it takes you to a new window with a nifty form for you to fill out. In the right corner of said form, is a hyperlink to the Guidelines.

Hope that helps and I'll be looking forward to your article. :)

FallenAngel
14 February 2002, 09:25 PM
i think writing as an article would be a great help... it would be of great use to beginning GM's.