PDA

View Full Version : Gamers - need your help!

Master Dao Rin
15 February 2002, 08:39 PM
Grrr....

8o These bloody books are costing me a fortune!

Man, CAD $51.87 for this NJO Sourcebook ... and I don't even like the series! :)

The book listed price was CAD$41.95, but the game store marked it up to $48 bucks, plus tax on top for above total. The other game store just went out of business here, so these guys are now all thats here, and I can see they're taking advantage of their monopoly already ... :(

Anyone one (canucks, maybe?) know of a good Amazon type web based company that'll sell these books in Cdn dollars to me here in Victoria for cheaper than what the game store is selling? Shipping and Handling can't be more than 10 bucks! I've heard people buying these products for cheaper than the listed price with these web distributors, but never paid any attention to them - wanting to support the local game stores and all - but when you start a $6 mark-up ... hello internet buying!!!

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gulmyros
15 February 2002, 09:05 PM
Don't know if you've looked at Amazon yet, but try this link:

NJOSB @ Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786927771/ref=ase_swrpgnetwork/002-4395382-5907226)

They have links to shipping info (they do ship to Canada, prices are even listed) and have a decent help section if you need it.

Best of luck, MDR.

Gulmyros
15 February 2002, 09:07 PM
Oh, one more thing.

Usually, when you're buying online you can just order with plastic and the bank does the conversion for you.

I remember when I went to Austria and used my credit cards, my receipts were in DMs but my bill came in USDs. :) So that might help with your money conversion.

Master Dao Rin
15 February 2002, 09:25 PM
Thanks, Gully! :) Any others?

Gulmyros
16 February 2002, 04:57 AM
You're quite welcome.

If I come across any more, I'll drop 'em here for ya.

Tramp
1 March 2002, 08:26 AM
If you have them in your area, go to Waldenbooks, Barnes&Noble, or Media Play. They've got the whole selection and charge cover price without marking up.

Darth Bile
1 March 2002, 09:34 AM
or you can check out j.b. daltons, or see if you have a games keeper, since that is runned by WOTC itself.

Iris
1 March 2002, 10:33 AM
On line amazon.com or bn.com are probably going to be your best bet. Plus the bonus that they tend to discount things all the time so you'll pay less than cover.

bn.com has it for $23.96 USD (20% off)
Amazon.com has it for $20.96 USD (30% off)

To figure out the CD value, just take the persentage above off the CD list amount.

As someone else said, if you use a credit card the banks usually automatically convert the money for you. (Which is why I live on my credit card when I visit Toronto.)

Be sure to search for "New Jedi Order Sourcebook" or you won't find it.

Master Dao Rin
5 March 2002, 09:52 PM
You can basically double the US price for Canada - what, with Sept. 11th, and all. 60 cents on the dollar, I think it is now. So, bascially Amazon will charge me 40 bucks for the book, but that doesn't include S&H, which will be another 9 dollars, so I'm only saving about 2 or 3 bucks ... and waiting an extra week or two to get it! :( Arrrggh! The blasted thing of it is, I live right across the water from Seattle! Stupid international borders .... :)

Tramp - I think those are American chains - never heard of them - well, at any rate, we don't have them here, but thanks anyway!

Bile - you got any urls for those sites? Thanks!

Darth Bile
6 March 2002, 05:27 AM
not really, i just go to the store normally and get them there, or to a comic store, but the game keeper is owned and runned by WOTC so you probably can just go to that site to check it out and maybe jbdalton has one, but don't know myself, never buy anything off the internet myself if i can help it, never know who might hack into the sites and stuff like that, i'm not a very trusty kind of guy.