PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Sentinel-class Landing Shuttle (Conversions)

TC-3
16 February 2002, 10:24 AM
This thread is for comments on the entry entitled "<a href="http://conversions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=697" target="_blank" title="This link will open in a new window.">Sentinel-class Landing Shuttle</a>" located on Conversions. Please post your comment on this entry below using the "Post Thread" button; you may also post a comment via a link from the entry itself.

Lain
16 February 2002, 10:24 AM
Could U list a black market cost approximation as well as move in squares (is it 6 or 7?) and availabiility notes for GMs like myself, as well as cargo weight for carrying say, 2 X-Wings/XJs ?
thx

GMSarli
17 February 2002, 07:51 AM
Approximate value (for construction purposes): 950,500 credits

Black Market value: 4,752,500 credits (you *will* have to pay this much unless you steal one ... only the Empire can buy them)

Movement rate: 8 squares (they should be at the upper limit of Attack speed)

Carrying capacity: Its cargo space is really designed for ground vehicles, not starfighters, but a Tiny-sized starfighter (such as an X-wing/XJ) is the equivalent in size to a Gargantuan-sized vehicle. Thus, they take up 49 tons of space each. However, to modifying the cargo bay to make it possible to launch the X-wings while in flight would probably be a major modification (and cost around 320,000 credits).

Remember, each X-wing is over half as long as a Sentinel-class shuttle ... the only way they fit at all is the fact that a Sentinel has a very wide cargo area, and even then you'd expect some serious modifications to be necessary. Most likely, you'd have to stack the X-wings on top of each other, allowing only one to launch at a time.

TheCegorach
11 January 2003, 07:23 PM
G.M. Sarli,

First, thanks for the conversion. I'm very enamored of the whole Lambda family, and I appreciate your work.

While I'm not a huge nitpicker, it has always struck me as odd that the Sentinel, a "bigger" Lambda, is listed as the same length as the Lambda. While it's obviously wider, it looks longer to me, too.

Are there any references I could look to for more specific info on the length? I'm aware that both WEG and WotC seem to have issues with accuracy of starship dimensions, so my first preference would be something printed from Lucas. Does the Sentinel appear in any of the various cross-section books or the like?

Kernel W Janson
10 March 2003, 05:56 PM
Star Wars Ultimate Encyclopedia (Something along those lines)
I'm not exactly sure that you can find the exact measurements in that book, but hey aren't in the essential guide to vehicles and vessels.

Andrew Simmons
28 April 2006, 04:33 AM
I have always thought that the sentinel is a lot longer at around 40 meters because every picture i have seen, it looks a lot longer than the lambda shuttle that it is based on.