PDA

View Full Version : game finder?

Strikerkc
17 February 2002, 04:27 PM
does any one know any good online sites that help you find a person-to-person REAL swrpg game out there that's in your area.

like, typ in "austin, TX" and it goes and finds the regstered games in austin texas?

(ps. i'm not from austin TX, i'm using it as an example):?

Matt Richard
17 February 2002, 09:09 PM
You can try the Trader's InfoNet forum and say (using your example) as the title: GM looking for D6 players in the Austin Texas area. or soemthing like that because i dont think there is an actuall site like that (although that is a good idea, maybe you should look into it).

Gulmyros
17 February 2002, 09:21 PM
Also, a short while ago someone suggested to Armage that the HoloNet allow searches by member location. Not exactly what you're talking about, but close. Finding HoloNet members in your general area could go a long way toward finding the elusive players you seek.

You'll have to scroll up to the HoloNet discussion and root around to find out if and when anything like that is likely to happen.

Matt Richard
17 February 2002, 09:25 PM
if armage decides to do it like that, then i should probably take off my location:D

Strikerkc
18 February 2002, 08:11 AM
oh well, cause i know that some game rooms around town have boards where you can post games, but i think it would be great to have some sort of natianal board for RPG's regardless of typ (D&D, SW, d6, d20, wizards, anything :D)

Chris Curtis
18 February 2002, 09:34 AM
Look at my reply to the identical thread you posted in Trader's InfoNet (which is the appropriate forum for this discussion). I list a site that allows you to search for other gamers in your area.