PDA

View Full Version : Yuuzhan Vong Expansion

Wade Trenor
18 February 2002, 11:32 PM
I'm playing in the NJO era, and the adventures we are on are currently set in the time just before Balance Point. I won't be able to grab a copy of the sourcebook for a while, and I was wondering what planets have been conquered by the Vong at this stage in the timeline?

Thanks for any help you can give. :)

QWERTY
19 February 2002, 06:00 AM
the only one i can say of the top of my head is Yavin 4- jedi acedmy gets chased away. But if i read the timeline right on my friends starwars fact file corrusunt will fall sometime in the next few books

BrianDavion
19 February 2002, 07:55 AM
courscant fell in star by star

QWERTY
19 February 2002, 10:37 AM
I was under the impression that the vong just got next door ready to attack from what i have been told about star by star ( its the only one i have not read i am not willing to pay 17 quid for a reading book + it would look strange on my shelf with the rest in paperback)

Wade Trenor
20 February 2002, 03:02 AM
I'll be more specific: has anything happened on Agamar or Bakura?
Remember, I'm talking about Balance Point, NOT Star by Star.

madpoet
20 February 2002, 05:38 AM
Bakura is too far outside the invasion corridor, so it has remained untouched so far. I'm pretty sure the Agamar had fallen by the time of Balance Point.

Wade Trenor
20 February 2002, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the assistance. :)

dctodd
20 February 2002, 05:19 PM
I happen to have the NJOSB right here (picked it up yesterday...it's good). Each chapter is based around a novel (or novels in the case of the duologies) and has a galaxy map @ the front of the chapter, highlighting the planets occupied, controlled or generally in harm's war of the Yuzzhan Vong. Here's a list: Belkandan, Helska, Bastion, Dubrillion, Serpindal, Muunilinst, Dantooine, Garqi, Agamar, Dathomir, Bimmiel, Ithor, Ord Mantell, Anobis, Vortex, Myrkyr, Obroa-Skai, Kashyyk, Tholatin, Bimmisaari, Gyndine, Duro, Tynna, Rodia, Nal Hutta, and, finally, Nar Shadda. I'm not sure on some of those names, since I don't remember an attack on Kashyyk or Dathomir, for that matter, but there it is. Hope that helps.

Tramp
25 February 2002, 09:17 AM
Kashyyk is still free as of Dark Journey. Oh, Qwerty, If you want to keep up with the story without buying the Hardcover, do what I do: go to some place like Barnes and Noble or Waldenbooks and read the Hardcover there, then, when it comes out in paperback (about 7 months later) buy the paperback version.