PDA

View Full Version : (STATS)Can I ever play a Hutt?

Tossk
19 February 2002, 09:31 AM
:? no one seems to be able to be a Hutt as a player char, but they show up as crime lords everywhere. even if just to flesh out a crimelord, does anyone have stats to make a Hutt PC? (I might make one named "Pizza".:D )

BrianDavion
19 February 2002, 09:38 AM
actually... in the D20 game yes you could.the stats for the D20 version are on page 250 of the CORE rule book. mind you cause a Hutt is... diffrent from the norm I wouldn't recccomend it (a Hutt also can move only about 2 m opposed to the 10m that is the norm:)

so yes in the D20 game you can play a hutt... but.. would you WANNA? :)

Tossk
19 February 2002, 11:07 AM
Thanks, I was to page 178 last night when I was reading the core rule book, Thanks for the info

(P.S. I love bewildering PCs!):D

FallenAngel
19 February 2002, 11:53 AM
hutts are fun to play!
get the galactic phrasebook thingamajiggie and learn to speak accurate huttese, and you will asced to the GM level of true hutthood.

Reverend Strone
19 February 2002, 12:30 PM
I've employed Hutts extensively in my campaign, though as yet there haven't been any PCs. They can make fantastic social characters with emphasis on things like Intimidation and Reputation, although as is implicit in their stats, they can get in the way during a fight.

Still, if you're into extreme characters, a Hutt can be alot of fun. I tend to think that it would require a level of GM/player consultation and cooperation to ensure the character fits with the campaign or adventure. There are situations where being a Hutt would just be no fun for the player or the rest of the party.

Heck, it's worth trying it at least once though right?

Gulmyros
19 February 2002, 10:56 PM
I tend to think that it would require a level of GM/player consultation and cooperation to ensure the character fits with the campaign or adventure. There are situations where being a Hutt would just be no fun for the player or the rest of the party.Heh, imagine the Rebel SpecForce campaign briefing.

Alright, you've got Zeebo the Rodian. He's the sharpshooter. Use him wisely. Then there's Kellen the slicer. Use him to get access codes, forge IDs, and so on. Drav is your pilot. Use him to get where you're going, and get there fast and in one piece. And let's not forget Bubba the Hutt. In a pinch his hoversled can be used to haul your heavier gear. And if a firefight breaks out, use him for cover...

BrianDavion
20 February 2002, 07:22 AM
LOL!

speaking over repulsorsleds... how fast do you guys figure they go? my guess is they'd go 'average walking speed"

reliant
20 February 2002, 09:36 AM
I think hoversleds could probably go however fast you wanted them to. I imagine your average one has about the same rate as a normal person (probably movement 10), but I would think that if you wanted you could have one that was much faster. Why not? I think it would kind of be like a flat speeder... :D Now that would be a real sight to behold: Bubba the Hutt flying at 100 mph across the desert, bowling jawas out of the way left and right...

Bubba the Hutt "Hoo Hoo Hoo"

THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP

Jawas point angerly 'Wootini!"

:raised:

Reverend Strone
20 February 2002, 10:26 AM
![QUOTE]And let's not forget Bubba the Hutt. In a pinch his hoversled can be used to haul your heavier gear. And if a firefight breaks out, use him for cover...[/QUOTE

LOL

That's exactly what I'm talking about! Can still be real fun if it's an NPC though, and not some poor player who becomes everyones blaster bolt sponge.

Sanjuro
20 February 2002, 01:33 PM
My advice is to try it out, if you have fun with it, then continue using Hutts as PC's. If it doesn't work out, or it isn't any fun, then stop using the race as a PC. There is no rule against a GM changing his mind. The whole idea is to have fun. If you think using Hutts as PC's will be fun, then do it. It's your extended universe, do whatever you want with it. B)

Kayle Skolaris
20 February 2002, 08:52 PM
There's a Hutt Floater in the Dark Empire Sourcebook. It has a move of 25; 70KMH loaded and 45; 130KMH unloaded.

I've had a player ask to play a Hutt before, and I allowed it. The result was quite enjoyable and amusing. I allow nearly any species for PC use and have rarely had cause to regret that open-door policy.

Gulmyros
20 February 2002, 08:54 PM
Crud. Can't remember where, but I know there was a WEG adventure, module, or campaign setting where there was a Hutt NPC who lounged around on a hover-sled, or anti-grav couch, or something like that. The equipment was important to the adventure, so I'm pretty sure it had stats - or at least a movement rate.

Guess I'll have to go digging. When I find it, I'll post it.

Kayle Skolaris
20 February 2002, 08:58 PM
If you like, I could give complete stats for the Hutt Floater I mentioned...

Gulmyros
20 February 2002, 09:31 PM
Wow, nice timing Kayle. :) And a good thing, too. I'd have gone through many many books before I got around to sifting through the Dark Empire Sourcebook...

Kayle Skolaris
20 February 2002, 09:39 PM
Craft: Gefferon Nimbus Rider 2000
Type: Hutt Floater
Scale: Speeder
Length: 4 meters
Skill: Repulsorlift operation: Hutt Floater
Crew: 1
Crew Skill: Varies according to individual
Passengers: None with Hutt; up to four Human-sized beings in lieu of a Hutt
Cargo Capacity: 500 kilograms
Cover: 1/4