PDA

View Full Version : RULE REQUSET: Scale vs Scale

solreavr
19 February 2002, 07:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone had the optional rules for scale vs scale. They were from one of the gm supplements. It went something like character attacks speeder, speeder cannot roll above 3 for total roll to dodge no matter what the die says, and character cannot roll above 3 for total number of damage. There was a whole chart that details all of the different scales vs other scales. I personally prefer this rule over what is in the main book, but my friend who had the rules lost them. so any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris Curtis
19 February 2002, 07:43 PM
What you're looking for (I think) are the "Die Cap" rules from the 1st and 2nd Editions of the WEG system. I'm attaching an excel spreadsheet with the charts.

From Star Wars the Roleplaying Game (2nd Edition) WEG, page 70-71:

Find the scale of the thing that is doing the shooting along the left hand row (up/down). Find the scale of the target on the column across the top. Find where the row and column cross -- that is the die cap.

When the dice are rolled to hit the target, any which come up higher than the die cap count as if they had rolled the die cap number. All "+"'s on a die code count normally.

To Damage
This chart is used when something takes a hit from a weapon of a different scale. Find the scale of the weapon on the left hand row. Find the column across the top for the scale of the thing that was hit.

The number on the left of the slash represents the die cap for the character or vehicle resisting damage. A "-" on the left means that the weapon can't cause damage, a "-" o nthe right means that the weapon cannot resist damage.

Some vehicles will have weapons of a different scale on them -- for example, a speeder might have Character-scale weapons mounted on it as well as Speeder-scale weapons. When using the Character=scale weapons, use the Character-scale die caps.

Hope that explains it. If not, let us know what isn't making sense and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

solreavr
19 February 2002, 08:54 PM
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks very much.