PDA

View Full Version : Using Nicknames or Real Life Names?

Deck
21 February 2002, 03:54 AM
Hello!

This is mainly to all persons who have submitted stats to HighAdmiral.de. I was thinking to change all nicknames of you authors to your RL names. For example "by Armadious" would now change to "by Ben Lundberg" (I hope you don't mind I took you for an example and revealed your name. :) ).

That is what I am currently thinking about. But this all depends on <b>you</b>. Please tell me what you prefer!

If someone else has good reasons for one or the other possibility, please post them!

Thank you! :)

Arakyd
22 February 2002, 05:34 AM
I don't mind if you use my real name.

Chris Curtis
22 February 2002, 09:40 AM
Well, I certainly don't want that. I mean, I don't know what I'd do if everyone on the internet found out that my real name was, in fact, Chris Curtis and not the handle I use here on the HoloNet. 8o

Oh wait... nevermind... ;) :D

Deano
23 February 2002, 01:42 AM
I'd say nick names. SImply because people are better known by their nicknames than their real names by holonet members. You could always do Dean Magill aka 'Deano' or Dean 'Deano' Magill. Obviously Chris has no need for Chris Curtis aka Chris Curtis ;)

Deano

Deck
23 February 2002, 03:50 AM
Okay, thanks so far...

I have just got an idea. I would let the nick names as they are now. Nick names will remain. However, I would like to make a page where you can read for example:

Thanks to all authors!
- Thomas Thursby a.k.a. Arakyd
- Dean Magill a.k.a. Deano
- Ben Lundberg a.k.a. Armadious
etc...

What about this?

Armadious
28 February 2002, 10:26 AM
Looks good Deck, a page like what you said would be fine, or just include them in with the nicknames...

Either way is OK with me.