PDA

View Full Version : A Public Service Announcement

Donovan Morningfire
21 February 2002, 05:27 PM
As some folks know, there was a rather crude post made down in the General SW-RPG forum.

It was made by someone using So-Var Leet's identity. This came about by accident, as So-Var forgot to log out from the computer he was using, which happened to be a public access one, and some low-life decided it would be fun to post a . Hopefully, things will be straightend out quickly.

Just a reminder to those folks who use a computer either at your local library or college or Starbucks or cyber cafe or whatever, be sure to log out when your done, not only to prevent this sort of thing, but also to protect your own privacy. Thanks from all of us here at the Holonet.

Jedi_Staailis
21 February 2002, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the update, Donovan. I'm glad that wasn't really So-Var Leet.

I've always been happy with how civil and (relatively :D) mature the board members here are, and it's reassuring that this case was merely an accident.

So-Var Leet
21 February 2002, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I'm really very sorry. When I got home I looked at the boards and just about crapped my pants when I saw the title of that post. :(

I am very, very, very sorry about all this.

Gulmyros
21 February 2002, 09:43 PM
For what it's worth, when I logged on tonight this post was gone. That is to say that reading Don's announcement was the first I'd heard of it. I guess the Mods deleted it.

At least whatever damage might have been done has been contained. And yeah, one of the reasons I like the HoloNet is that most of the time people here manage to keep their heads on straight even if they disagree with someone. Kinda refreshing.

BrianDavion
21 February 2002, 10:19 PM
I figured it was something like that. it amazes me the stupidity of some people.

"gee I get to piss off people I don't even know, what fun!"