PDA

View Full Version : GenCon Ahoy! Anyone going?

Moridin
21 February 2002, 05:55 PM
Anyone planning on going to GenCon? I'd like to, but it seems the opportunity to procure housing has passed. Any suggestions? Anyone need a roommate (psychos and freaks need not apply)? I really want to go, and I should be good for my half of the hotel fare. Let me know!

wolverine
22 February 2002, 03:55 AM
Yes i am going. I already received my 4 day pass, and i have already signed up for the housing..... Just need to get the plane ticket.

As for origins, i am hoping to go to that one as well...

Moridin
22 February 2002, 12:23 PM
I found a good deal on a plane ticket with Midwest Airlines. My problem is getting a room and paying for it and still having money left over for food and recreation. Grr!

dragonseye
22 February 2002, 02:59 PM
You might want to try calling the hotels dirrectly to see if they have rooms available, that and I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a room cheaper that way than if you go through Gen Con (also hotels usually "save" some extra rooms that they don't tell anyone about unless you call them dirrectly.) I'd also think about getting a hotel room in the suberbs or even in one of the cities near to Millwaukee and then renting a car to drive out there. (From Beloit, Wisconsin, it's about an hour drive... if even that to get there. Janesville is also pretty close to Millwaukee complete with cheap hotel rooms. Don't worry about parking- there's numerous lots that will probably only run you about five dollars or less for a full day.)

Gamemaster Pro
24 February 2002, 11:23 AM
Racine is about a 30-40 minute drive, and Kenosha is about an hour and a half's drive. Both areas are farely close to GenCon.

Moridin
24 February 2002, 11:32 AM
I don't have the money to be renting a car, and I don't know my way around Wisconsin at all, so if I can't get a downtown hotel, I doubt I'll go without rooming with someone else who CAN afford to rent a car and know Milwaukee fairly well.