PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Silent Strike (Conversions)

Gulmyros
21 February 2002, 08:24 PM
These conversions look great, but I have a question about this one. While the prereq lists Martial Artist, does the feat have to be performed unarmed? That is, can you whap someone with a club and still use this feat?

It kinda opens a can of worms for people using weapons to gripe about the MA requirement, but I thought I'd at least see what you thought.

TC-3
21 February 2002, 08:24 PM
This thread is for comments on the entry entitled "<a href="http://conversions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=1346" target="_blank" title="This link will open in a new window.">Silent Strike</a>" located on Conversions. Please post your comment on this entry below using the "Post Thread" button; you may also post a comment via a link from the entry itself.

GMSarli
21 February 2002, 09:17 PM
The reason Martial Arts is a prerequisite is because these feats are directly based off of techniques in <i>Rules of Engagement</i>, and those techniques can only be gained by having dice in the skill specialization Brawling: Martial Arts. There is an analogous feat in D&D <i>Sword and Fist</i> and you might adapt it to do the same thing with other weapons.

Gulmyros
22 February 2002, 12:31 PM
Sure. I have Rules of Engagement, and the conversion of them makes MA a requirement. Makes sense.

But since I don't have any d20 DnD stuff, would you mind telling me which analogous feat you're talking about in Sword and Fist? I have a friend who (I think) owns that book and might look it up for me.

Thanks.

GMSarli
22 February 2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Gulmyros
But since I don't have any d20 DnD stuff, would you mind telling me which analogous feat you're talking about in Sword and Fist? I have a friend who (I think) owns that book and might look it up for me.

Sure, it's "Death Blow," D&D Sword and Fist p.6.

Gulmyros
22 February 2002, 07:46 PM
Right-o. Thanks, GMS.

Darth Bile
23 February 2002, 10:28 AM
is there any way that can be converted to the d6 system?? since that's the only system i'll ever run.

GMSarli
23 February 2002, 03:12 PM
It already is in the D6 system. This is a conversion of the "Silent Strike" martial arts technique from WEG's Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook, p.117. There's no need to convert it back to the original system, right? :D

Darth Bile
24 February 2002, 09:50 AM
ya never know GM, maybe a person wants to do some extra work for the game, a really dedicated person with nothing to do, hehehe